It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advise please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hello Folks, I know you like home made remedies so I'm in need of a lill help,

I'm a poorly controlled type 1 diabetic, some years ago one night i started puking and could not stop, was puking like every 10 minutes for 5 hours even as i dint have anything else to trow, in a very short time i went for being ok to being almost dead, could not even walk. I spend 3 days hospitalized and at the end they could not find anything wrong with me, except yeast in my stools, it turns out people with bad immune system can get really bad yeast infections.

So after this i always panicked when i feel like im going to trow up, i think i haven't done it since 2005.

Now I'm in Germany for a few months, i don't speak the language and i don't know if i have health insurance, frankly I hate doctors and would like to avoid them like the plague.

Last week one night at 3 am i wake up felling really ill, like that one time, as I have an irrational fear to trowing up i focus my best to not do it, at 4 i send a message to my wife in Spain so she knew, she saw it like at 11. anyways i dint puke, i started to feel better and a few days passed.

Now I'm again feeling bad since Sunday, its getting worse, yesterday i was in pain but today i even feel faint, I dint went to work yesterday but I did today, it has pass 1 hour and already told them in leaving.

So i wont go to a doctor, Tomorrow i got something to do at work, i'm feeling really sick i don't want to go to a pharmacy, what im going to ask in German...

What you recommend me to eat folks?, is there something i could buy in a supermarket to ease gastritis like symptoms?

If it comes to me doing signs to a German in a pharmacy, what can i get without recipe, Omeprazole? is that what i need?
edit on 5-5-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ginger has a calming effect on the stomach. If you can find ginger root or ginger root tea, it could help.
Peppermint also is helpful in calming stomach issues. Again, fresh is best if you can find it.
Hope you feel better. If this persists you really might need to seek medical advice.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

this is what i do, your mileage may vary

acidophilus (pro biotic), perhaps? replaces lost flora in your intestinal tract.
i also use gas-ex when tummy upset
inner ear infection can cause tummy upset. so i get generic motion sickness tablets for that.
your blood pressure high atm?
sounds like your blood sugar is contributing to the problem. are you taking your insulin?
edit on 5-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Probiotics. Get your hands on all the fermented foods you can and load your gut up with healthy bacteria. A lack of good bacteria in the gut allows for yeast overgrowth. I am going to make a wild guess that sauerkraut should be fairly easy to find. I do not know if oral anti-fungals are available over there without prescriptions. I do know freshly squeezed garlic juice has anti-fungal properties. You have to drink it with in 15 minutes- 1/2 hours after squeezing.

Chew on fresh peppermint for symptoms. If you have low blood sugar watch out for ginger, it lowers blood sugar. I am hypoglycemic and had a bad spell after I was given ginger for motion sickness.
edit on 5/5/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Get a translator app for your phone or computer then go see a doctor

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You can ask for Vogalib which is an anti vomiting and anti nausea or Nausicalm* (these two products are available over the counter at the chemists)

* Careful with the Nausicalm though as it contains an antihistaminic which may make you drowsy.

If you have Diarrhea you can also ask for Smecta which contains argile.

However, if I was you i would check into the nearest accident and emergency hospital and ask if there is a possibility of speaking with an English speaking doctor first, just to make sure that the above drugs do not have a side effect on your current health status. he/she may prescribe something more adapted to your current state of health.

Good luck and stay well.

Nibs

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

I don't think i have high blood pressure, not a problem for me so i don't have the device to measure it, but i feel like i may faint, more like low pressure symptom

I been eating more carbs here, i hope its not the damn candidiasis in the intestine again but seems i will pay my price, I'm taking my insulin

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I will call an ambulance if i puke, i may just have indigestion and really really dislike doctors.

I know my fear of what happened before is making all worse, i just want something to help a lill and see if it pass naturally

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I don't think i have high blood pressure, not a problem for me so i don't have the device to measure it, but i feel like i may faint, more like low pressure symptom

I been eating more carbs here, i hope its not the damn candidiasis in the intestine again but seems i will pay my price, I'm taking my insulin

yeah you know yogurt cultures are lactobacillus acidophilus and so forth? well you can just buy the acidophilus in pill form (i've even seen in it block cheese type form but that was in a hard core health food store). that'll combat the candida, since it replaces your lost flora that the yeast have killed off

what's causing your candida infections? are you taking an antibiotic or eating alot of garlic?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

a reply to: woodwardjnr

I will call an ambulance if i puke, i may just have indigestion and really really dislike doctors.

I know my fear of what happened before is making all worse, i just want something to help a lill and see if it pass naturally

if it's indigestion, gas-ex was really helpful for me in that regard.
usually chronic indigestion is a sign you are eating something that your body doesn't want to tolerate and may be allergic to. think back about what you've eaten lately. you say you've eaten alot of carbs? what kind? mostly yeasty carbs?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

candida seems to be a common complication in diabetes for some reason, i just had it once, was in pretty bad shape and ever since i fear every time i have similar symptoms.

Thanks you all for the help, gonna try to get the Peppermint. what should i lunch, boiled potatoes?, avoid starchy food?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Raw honey will help. It has antibacterial properties and soothes inflamed tissue in the gut and esophagus. Unlike refined sugars, it will also be absorbed slowly and not affect your insulin levels adversely. Also colloidal silver, which you ought to be able to find at any drug store there will be helpful. Many, if not most Germans, speak English. You should not have any trouble finding someone to help you find this stuff, if you are polite. Good luck!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Avoid anything in a package with ingredients you don't know what are and does or how its made.

In general, avoid all junk food. You can eat small portions of meat, Balence with vegetables. Eat less beans.

Diabetics have to eat similar diets to those who have pacreatitis. This means that you can eat fatty foods yes, but avoid them as much as possible.

Eat raw vegetables, try not to cook them because nutrients are lost when cooking.
Can't tell you anymore than what others have told you. Avoid fruits until your diet has leveled out more. You can eat fish ect.

But its up to you if sugars like fruits will bother you. If you cut junk food you should beable to eat fruit just fine, but its up to you to decide how you feel and by junk food i mean processed foods. Anything in a package that isn't wrapped food from a supermarket.... As in. Cut meat hunks from the super market, or vegetables packaged.

Diabetes is serious if you don't change your diet you will never get better and only worse. I don't know what you eat. But if you have such a condition, you are likely doing something wrong.

Stay natural, and not * This is a natural product on a plastic bottle* type natural. Best of luck.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

candida seems to be a common complication in diabetes for some reason, i just had it once, was in pretty bad shape and ever since i fear every time i have similar symptoms.

Thanks you all for the help, gonna try to get the Peppermint. what should i lunch, boiled potatoes?, avoid starchy food?

i'm also diabetic (type 2) but i don't take insulin, instead i take chromium polynicotinate for blood sugar control, and methyl b-12 and alpha lipoic acid for neuropathy, to keep the nerves functioning properly. as a result, i'm not prone to infections.

there's a list of things i take to combat the side effects of diabetes, such as

coenyzme Q-10,
grape seed extract, and occasionally,
reishi mushroom tablets.

i also drink a concoction of seltzer water (make sure no high fructose corn syrup in it), on ice, with lemon squeezed into it. but as a diabetic, watch this carefully as it can dehydrate you quick. it has a diuretic effect that can actually make things worse if you overdo it. as a diabetic you are more prone to retain water, so it helps a bit to have a diuretic effect, but only in small amounts cause your body is a chemical factory that has very specific demands when it's malfunctioning and the sodium carbonate in seltzer water is going to tinker with the magnesium in your foods and nerves. blood pressure will drop even more if not careful.

i also eat alot of cheese. this helps to maintain the long lasting energy thing your body gains from proteins. but have to supplement with veggies and a lean meat.

and i take one teaspoon of coconut oil (the edible kind), every day
edit on 5-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent I really really dislike dentists, but if I have tooth ache, I know they are probably the best people to see, if I want the pain sorted out. Germany also has one of the best health care systems in the world

edit on 5-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
oh don't take over the counter antacids if your blood pressure really low.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You want a list of foods?
Kale, Brocolli, Spinach, Coliflower, Cabbage, Beats, Rubarb, Oragano, Carrots, Lettus, Asparagus, Tomatos, Oats such as for making Oatmeal but must be raw oatmeal found in bags by the kilogram. Chicken, Fish such as tuna, Halibut, Salmon, Trout, Pike, im sure a number of fish can be supplimented just remeber fish will be your daily fat amount. Avoid hamburger from cows, Bison such as buffalo are okay, Fruits are okay such as apples, oranges, Lemons, ect keep to a minimum until you find your tolerance, Engage more on the greens tho more than anything else. The greens are what will be saving you.
The meat is only to sustain your daily fat intake and protein. Spinnach, kale and broccoli give a decent ammount of protein.

Force yourself to eat these foods raw tho. Overtime, your body will develop Insulin normally. It's not a cure for Diabetes but it will suppress it to the point where you won't feel symptoms. However should you go back to your regular diet it will return.

Some beans will be okay, keep in mind tho. That you need to be watching your starch limit as well, Potatos are okay. Preferably get colored tomatos or Yams.

You don't have to become a Vegan, But will have to adopt a new diet. Drinking alcohol also increases the damage and gives the same symptoms of diabetes if not held in check. If you must drink, Recommend 1 glass of wine a day and nothing more. Continue to do this diet for, Increase your protein intake if nessisary with more white meats. Keep in mind. This diet will make you very hungry a lot because you will beable to increase the volume of foods you can consume. The only thing that will fill you up is breads such as oats, Which is what the oats will be for.

I'm not a dietritian, But i have made myself feel better, From feeling crap. IF you don't want to go to the doctor and don't want to be given a pill to mask your ilness. I suggest you follow what your friends will call a *scardycat diet* Because in the end, you will outlive them. And then whose laughing?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Oh and avoid milk products like the plague. If you are thirsty. Drink Tea. There is literally 1000 types of teas out there. Most of them are delicious.

Caffinated Teas are not to be the first option. But you can drink what would seem like sugary teas when in fact they are not such as rasberry tea, All types of berries of teas, Lemon tea, Green tea, Lemon Balm, Peppermint Tea, Organo Tea, Chai tea, blueberry tea, blackberry tea,

Heres a list of every tea ever, That can and will be available for you for consumption. Feel free to google everything i have mentioned. i would bring up some links but i think you should research it for yourself because you will see multipul links and learn a lot about diet and how people have been ruthlessly conned.

Like milk and diabetes, A totally no no. Don't touch cake bud, Don't even pour yourself a glass of milk. It's a hazard and you could be miniorly lactos intolerant which could be making things much worse. Milk is like, a comfort drink used for making comfort food. You're not trying to get comfort you you are trying to get better right?

Herbal tea

And this isn't even half the Teas in Existance. And all those vegetables i mentioned. You can expand that list even further. Just make sure you get your daily intake of protein and fats from the proteins and you can binge on all the teas, greens, Vegetables you want. And when you want to fill yourself up and stop eating. Eat a couple handfuls of Oats.

Oatmeal and Diabetes: The Do’s and Don’ts

But as i mentioned i am not a dietritian, Just someone who felt like crap. And wanted to feel better.

The Do's and Don'ts Oatmeal is a powerhouse food when it comes to managing diabetes, but there are a few important facts you should know about it. Oats come in a wide variety of forms, including Irish, steel cut, rolled, and instant. Depending on which one you select, the GI could vary from 42 to 66. If you’re using GI to select foods, choose those that are closer to their natural state. The less a food is processed, the lower the GI. For example, whole rolled oats have a lower GI than prepackaged instant oatmeal. The following pointers will help you get the most benefit out of this nutritious breakfast food. Do

Select either Irish or steel cut oats. These contain a higher amount of soluble fiber, which helps regulate your blood sugar and has a lower GI. Flavor your oatmeal with cinnamon, a spice thought to naturally aid in lowering blood sugar.

Add a handful of walnuts for variety. Nuts have a healthy type of fat that is ideal for people with diabetes.
If you feel the need for extra flavor, add a little unsweetened applesauce.
Talk to your nutritionist for more suggestions about adding oats to your diet. Don’t
Don’t opt for instant or pre-packaged oatmeal. These can be laden with sugar and salt.
Don’t add too much dried fruit, such as raisins and cranberries. Just two tablespoons contain about 15 grams of carbohydrates, which is as much as a half a cup of oatmeal.
Don’t add brown sugar, syrup, or honey. Even just a little of these sugars can add a lot of carbohydrates to your otherwise healthy oatmeal.

Stay away from the extra added sugar, Such as honey, brown sugar ect expecially with diabetes. Ur gunna need to make bitterness your friend because otherwise. You will never get better.
edit on am50000003115Tue, 05 May 2015 04:26:18 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
First off, I hope you remain healthy and never experience another bout like you did in years passed.
I don't have any remedies however I wanted to share this. Something very similar happened to my dog two weeks ago. About an hour before bedtime, my dog began throwing up. He was vomiting a few times every hour and when all the food was out he began throwing up bile. I brought him to the vet and he spent a few nights in the hospital. He went from totally fine to on his death bed within a few hours. At the hospital he received great care and came home a few days later. It was determined he had an infection in his liver and bile ducts. I'm sure you were tested for everything a few years back...but in case you weren't have your gall bladder checked. I hope you stay well and best of luck to you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I went to the pharmacy, they offered something with too many names i dint knew so i got omeprazol instead and some of those bio yogurts with a stomach on it, how i hate yogurt...

Thank you all for your concern, i think the placebo effect of the omeprazol is starting to kick in

top topics

<<   2 >>

join