It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Those That Condemn Homosexuality I Ask, Where Are Your Tassels!?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The Old Testament not for Christians it is for the Jews, can be a tassels en.m.wikipedia.org... for christians ? and Jesus did was a Christian? he called himself iodarium Rex and he did not come to save the goyim remember the parable about the bread, I can not take the children's bread (Israel) and give it to the dogs he came to save the Jews

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

That is true, but the Jews had a very narrow window of getting first shot at the message, first directly from Jesus then from the apostles. It was their bonus from God for being the chosen people from Abraham's time. But since they killed Jesus, it ended pretty fast, when the Roman Officer Cornelius became the first gentile convert in 36 AD. so it was only for about 3 years.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

But the Bible is against engaging in particular activities. The Bible also says that people shouldn't wake up in the day to drink all day and then go out drinking so they get into fights and rioting. Any activity that leads to any destruction, that's what the Bible really does tell us, and it is destructive to the very self-esteem of little boys and girls to make them feel less worthy of being who they are.

I may have mislead you when speaking of civilized Roman religion. I actually am a Barbarian Heathen.

I stripped my religion down to the barest, most primitive form I could get it to, Sky/Earth. These became associated with gender, Male/Female. I was satisfied with this for quite some time, intimacy between Sky and Earth, the rain.

I noticed that my religion was very rigid with respect to gender issues. The confusion of gender that I observed in the world around me seemed the grossest of violation in my primitive view.

I was aware of some phrases that people within the LGBT community used: "Man trapped in a woman's body", "Woman trapped in a man's body". These are genuine expressions of self-image.

So then how exactly would that feel? Try to feel that way, seemed to be the appropriate method of experimentation. The man in a woman's body was out because of physical limitations. Woman in a man's body perhaps. Given my actual sexual inclinations the best fit seemed to be lesbian in a man's body. That should be sufficiently confusing while at the same time providing the appropriate amount of emotional drive/motive.

So I thought back upon an incident that had occurred a decade before:

I was in a gay bar and got to chatting with a very pretty innocent girl in leather with shiny silver studs and decorative chains. We were sitting drinking beer. Somewhere in the conversation she mentioned some rather harmful drugs that her partner was providing to her. A strong protective rage rose up in me, so I got up and sought out the partner for a confrontation.

It was a fairly bizarre spectacle, so much so that the bar owner came running over to see if he needed to throw someone out. Imagine the three of us standing looking at each other, wondering what the heck was going on. We didn't even know, none of us.

It would be easy to brush that off as some kind of fatherly or brotherly defense reaction. But the more I looked at that memory, the more that it did have a sexual aspect to it. There are phrases people use, "You don't deserve to have her", and even "She deserves someone like me." In the confusion of various emotions there was that element.

For the briefest of moments I could feel what lesbians feel for most of their lives.

It isn't much, I know, but it's something.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

In my experience the reasoning of most fundamentalist
Christians is that since they've excepted Jesus into
their heart, that they now follow the logic of the apostle Paul,
who states that they are now free from the old covenant,
(Paul went so far as to say that he and the others could even
eat pork), BUT, and here's the big BUT, BUT if you haven't
accepted Jesus into your heart, you are godless, and the
Old Testament are the laws for the lawless (godless=lawless).

Only problem is, is that Paul's sentiment (that one who has
Jesus in their heart are now under a new covenant and they
are no longer under the laws of The Old Covenant). The problem
with that sentiment (which is the core belief of Christianity, i.e.
A New Testament-A New Covenant) is diametrically opposite of
what Jesus himself was quoted as saying, "Don't think that I have
come to bring you a new covenant, lo, I have come to fulfill the
original covenant, every dot and tittle" [paraphrase]

This is the reason why I call fundamentalists and other Christians
who take the sayings of Paul over they sayings of Jesus (actually Joshua-
Yeshua) Pauline Christians and Pauline Christianity, because they consider
themselves to be free from any obligation to follow the laws of Old Testament,
and yet they expect non-believers to follow them.

Which I think is the basic hypocrisy of Christianity that many sense but
find it hard to put into words actually.

Rebel 5

edit on 9-5-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I just have now heard of a new religion, or religious view, Barbarian Heathen. My brother is a Celtic Pagan, is that close?

You were like Eddie Izzard for a moment?

I don't think any of really deserve anyone else, only that some of us have been blessed with the ones we had..or cursed....

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

original covenant, every dot and tittle"

If you keep reading, you'll notice that by "Law", Jesus didn't mean the torah/old testament, but this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12

He even warns in the very next verse to keep it simple and stick to it:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" - Matthew 7:13
edit on 9-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

new religion, or religious view, Barbarian Heathen. My brother is a Celtic Pagan, is that close?

I really should know something about Celtic Pagan, but I've been so busy that I haven't looked it up yet.

By Barbarian, I mean that I don't speak Greek or Latin, but a rather hybrid of barbarian languages commonly known as English. By Heathen, I mean, country bumpkin home brewed. You can't find it on Wikipedia, and even if you did, I would just change it again, rendering any write-up outdated.

I had to look up who that was. Thank you.

In bars after performing my poetry, people would say I sounded like Leonard Cohen, I probably should look him up too.

I don't think any of really deserve anyone else, only that some of us have been blessed with the ones we had..or cursed....

I hope you're doing okay.

As for me, a few years ago, I was fixing pancakes for my ex's 2 sons from her second husband, and she came up to me and said, "I think god's punishing me for the way I treated you."

And I replied, "That can't be. He never cleared such a thing with me."

I certainly hope you're okay.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

new religion, or religious view, Barbarian Heathen. My brother is a Celtic Pagan, is that close?

I really should know something about Celtic Pagan, but I've been so busy that I haven't looked it up yet.

By Barbarian, I mean that I don't speak Greek or Latin, but a rather hybrid of barbarian languages commonly known as English. By Heathen, I mean, country bumpkin home brewed. You can't find it on Wikipedia, and even if you did, I would just change it again, rendering any write-up outdated.

I had to look up who that was. Thank you.

In bars after performing my poetry, people would say I sounded like Leonard Cohen, I probably should look him up too.

I hope you're doing okay.

As for me, a few years ago, I was fixing pancakes for my ex's 2 sons from her second husband, and she came up to me and said, "I think god's punishing me for the way I treated you."

And I replied, "That can't be. He never cleared such a thing with me."

I certainly hope you're okay.

I'm doing fine.

LOL, you just epically made a new term for the mundane. Are you SCA by any chance?

Oh, you're a Hallelujah cantor? (lol, just kidding, there might be some young people who don't know epic music).

At the risk of going off topic, and I'm sure by now people have drifted threads, just the other day I was talking to some men who live in my building who are older and were talking about Charles Manson, and I commented about the Family and who was still alive and the names of the victims, then the one guy says "Wow, you know a lot about this", to which I replied "I know a lot, so let's just stop here so you can guess how much I do know, because it's a lot".

Now they call me "The Lady Who Knows Too Much"....
edit on 5/10/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: rebelv

original covenant, every dot and tittle"

If you keep reading, you'll notice that by "Law", Jesus didn't mean the torah/old testament, but this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12

He even warns in the very next verse to keep it simple and stick to it:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" - Matthew 7:13

At the risk of sounding crude with hyperbole and double entendre, what do you think perhaps in the ancient world a straight gate was?

You know, in the ancient world, This Y meant man, but V meant woman. But THIS.... ✡ actually meant man/woman

And also, since that star represented a gateway to God, and a gate is an entrance, a stargate could be the Magen David, have you ever thought of that in a metaphysical way?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Ah nostalgia, you make me feel good.

I really can't sing, one time for a sermon I tried singing Paul Simon's song,

one of the congregants said I sounded like Hank Williams Jr. I better look that up.

The other elders had these books of quotes. In their sermons they'd say "as so and so said ..."
I didn't have one of those books so I would say "there's this old saying that I just made up ..."

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yea, I've heard of something similar to that before, a 3D Magen David - Merkaba. Also, Metatron's Cube comes to mind. I've heard Metatron's Cube has all of the basic shapes within it. Interesting stuff.

To bring this post back to the subject, I understand ✡ (Magen David) can be seen as male/female but I heard it represents duality in general, such as unity of The Above (Divine/God/Spirit) and The Below (the world/lower nature) - the world connecting with God. Keep in mind that the symbol "✡" is very old and was also used in Hinduism as a symbol for The Heart since they believe the Heart is where animal nature meets with the divine to achieve Love/Compassion. It's an interesting subject.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69

The Old Testament not for Christians it is for the Jews, can be a tassels en.m.wikipedia.org... for christians ? and Jesus did was a Christian? he called himself iodarium Rex and he did not come to save the goyim remember the parable about the bread, I can not take the children's bread (Israel) and give it to the dogs he came to save the Jews

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join