It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven assault convictions, yet a 'champion' in the ring -- Floyd Mayweather

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MagmaCumsLoudly

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Look, I don't like Mayweather or what he stands for. He is a woman beater and abuser and runs his mouth too much.

What I hate even more is the system, specifically the Nevada authorities, who protect Mayweather, destroys criminal evidence to protect him and also rake in $millions over his fights, publicity and overall hype.

Other big name corporations and sponsors support Mayweather, including the hypocritical owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft. Kraft was very vocal in denouncing Ray Rice's wife beating and violence to women BUT yet is a staunch supporter of Floyd Mayweather.

Maywether, for all his out-of-the ring shenanigans, is a very shrewd and savvy businessman. He is dominant in this era of boxing and only fights fighters he feels he has a great chance of beating(i.e. close to retirement or inferior talent). He could have made ~$50M fighting Pacquiao 5 years ago but understood the business sense of waiting and building the hype. He reportedly will/has made approx $200M just from this latest fight, while Pacquiao made a "paltry" $100M.

Regardless of his in-ring savvy and record setting earnings, he is still scum of the earth due to the way he treats his women.

The following article details how Las Vegas protects him and how deeply in bed Mayweather is with Nevada's "old boys" club

Utterly despicable and sickening.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What does it say about society that the literal criminal, arguable misogynist and proven recidivist woman beater could not only draw such crowds to a boxing match, but that he was permitted to continue in the sport after such a dubious societal track record? Are females really held in such low regard in today's world?

John Lennon beat the living crap out of his first wife; so did Ghandi; Mlk was a womanizer who loved girls just coming of legal age and yet society still allows Lennon to earn 12 million $ in 2014 alone and his "let love rule peace mantras" being adored despite the dude has been dead for over three decades.

I'm not condoning Mayweather's behaviour, just like I don't condone Roman Polansky getting away scott free from drugging and sodomizing a 13 year old girl. People still celebrate his art and films.

The point is: I understand the sweet science of pugilism intimately and really don't care about the personality or their past deeds when they are in the ring.

Floyd is by no means a class act, but he is the highest paid athlete in the world whose net worth exceeds 380 Million Dollars.

Floyd made 105 Million dollars off his two previous fights in 2014. Floyd is the only fighter that demands mandatory drug testing. And the only fighter who is control of his entire brand.

Now, I appreciate the character in question has spent his life being punch in the noggin and almost certainly suffers a degree of brain damage.

A guy who can barely read fluently is worth 400 Million dollars due to his business minded savvy. If you can appreciate that maybe his actions are the result of a degree of brain damage: What are your reasons for not attaining your dreams? If a guy with brain damage can make a life for himself that reflects his highest dreams, there is certainly nothing stopping you.

I honestly believe you have more intelligence, amazing vision and great thought processing skills that far exceed Floyd Mayweather. Therefore, I believe you shall be able to carve out your dreams even more proficiently.

Mayweather is in control of his destiny. Those who are not usually in control of their lives (have fallen short of their highest dreams) blame society for supporting or making people like him richer.

Charlie Sheen
Sean Connery
Gary Oldman
David Hasselhoff
Mel Gibson
Michael Fassbender
Nicholas Cage
Gary Busey
Bill Murray
Eminem
Alec Baldwin
Phil Hartman
Tommy Lee
Josh Brolin
Sean Penn
Woody Allen
Roman Polanski
Axl Rose
Sonny Bono
John Lennon

Do you listen or watch any of those listed above movies or songs? Have you ever once supported their craft?

All these men are guilty of the exact same thing that disgust you about Mayweather. It disgust me as well.

Yet, the above seem to be off your radar...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just goes to show, all the anger towards cops abusing minorities is a little misplaced.

Justice isn't blind, it only sees green. Protest that.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I don't see your point. Substitute any millionaire for Floyd in almost any career path and that person would remain despite the actions of their past. Christ, Ted Kennedy killed a woman and got away with it. Not only that but his state re-elected him for decades.

Where did you get the idea that celebrities are role models? Sure that is an image that propaganda plays out yet it does not make it true. I would bet that many celebrities don't want to be one either.

Assault convictions and indiscriminate attack-on-sight assaults based on race don't come close to making a comparison so I won't comment on that. Also, just to be thorough, since when did being a misogynist become a taboo social status destroying label? It hasn't.

There are A LOT worse human beings on this planet compared to Floyd. Some people think we westerners have a tough life. I laugh at our so called problems when ole Floyd is used as a catalyst to argue our state of society. Issue with no teeth indeed.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

There are A LOT worse human beings on this planet compared to Floyd. Some people think we westerners have a tough life. I laugh at our so called problems when ole Floyd is used as a catalyst to argue our state of society. Issue with no teeth indeed.

Valid point! I concur with your insight.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He is a moron. and likes to hit women.

Flaunt his money in the face of poverty stricken people etc.

I wish him nothing but pain and vanquish one day.

Manny on the other hand....awesomely nice and likes to help lesser people

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It takes hit and run to a whole 'nother level, when regarding the hundreds of millions this fight brought in.

Everyone else?

Went home with a TV bill or plastered to sleep...

What a shame humanity demosrated .. and this is why the 1% do and get away, with what they do.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I've seen so many articles about this topic and it all boils down to the same thing. The author of the thread is some social justice crusader, looking for a reason to slander somebody because they made an insane amount of money for very little effort. That is what it really boils down to. "The domestic violence epidemic" and "idolising a bad role model" are smokescreens for the immense envy felt by these people.

Yes, he has a track record of domestic violence. Well, here's the thing: no human being is perfect and we all have done things we are not proud of. Just because you have regrets in your life doesn't mean that other parts of your life cannot be celebrated. And for the record, I do not like Mayweather, but I can appreciate the fact that he is a skilled boxer.

edit on 4/5/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I totally wanted to see him get his 1 loss before retirement. Would have served him a good amount of humble pie. Honestly the match stinks of orchestration, as I have suspected for some time most are. Certainly I feel Pacquiao sold out for a gauranteed slice of the pie, and the chance to shine brighter later on.

With a record like Mayweather's, very rich and powerful people will get involved to capitalize on the rare nature of it, and pay opponents to make sure it goes a certain way. its quite simple, betting for the star will generate enough profit to afford the payoff of his opponent.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The 1% love you.

And your passion for men hitting eachother.

While they take it to the bank.

And fans(fanatics) slave for it.

I don't understand defending something that consumes your energy,.and gives nothing back but brief entertainment. It reminds me of drug users..

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
Another reason why UFC is justly taking over in combat sports.

They just recently stripped their Light Heavyweight champion due to a hit & run felony charge.

Would have made them millions, instead they take the high road and show that no one is above the rules of life.

I didn't watch the fight, I hear there were more twists in Jamie Foxx's version of the national anthem than there were in the Fight/Hype of the Century.

You have no idea what your talking about boxing pay per view sales are way higher. Floyds lower end pay per view sales are 100,000's more then the UFC's highest ppv's.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Now, I appreciate the character in question has spent his life being punch in the noggin and almost certainly suffers a degree of brain damage. So, as with NFL or WWE stars-turned-murders, this has likely a lot to do with his away-from-the-ring disposition (see: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy). But this does not excuse the guy's actions and nor does it exonerate the sport he prospers from of culpability.

Wrooong. Have you ever seen a Mayweather fight before

You can pick on Mayweather all you want but the fact is that we live in a society that driven by greed and power. The reason why they want him fighting is because his fights bring BILLIONS, b- billions not millions to Vegas everytime.

Business before boxing.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

BILLIONS of revenue.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
The 1% love you.

Nice try, but the angle from which you are arguing couldn't be more wrong.

And your passion for men hitting eachother.

I don't even watch boxing. I didn't watch this fight either but heard of the result from a friend.

You think sporting events like this is where the 1% make the majority of their money from? If you do then you need to do some research.

And fans(fanatics) slave for it.

So how do you spend your leisure time? I bet you are just as much a slave as you accuse others of being, whether that's to other sports, movies or the music industry.

I don't understand defending something that consumes your energy,.and gives nothing back but brief entertainment. It reminds me of drug users..

What exactly was I "defending"? I stated that people are envious of somebody who made an insane amount of money for doing very little and suddenly I am deafening the 1% and have a passion or boxing?

You need to touch up on your reading comprehension skills.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Well, let me tell you....

Fighting sports like boxing is one of the things that the billionaire boys spend their money on for fun and sport like polo. They love throwing cash at fighters and sitting in booths with their buddies smoking cigars making bets and doing other bad things while laughing how thats their fighter.

Just some perspective for you.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma
People still talk about this thing.

The fight was pretty lame, so much so that I watched about 4 fights from mayweather and when considering if I should watch this thinking on all I seen of him and his fights, well I think I would rather stare out my window at the clouds passing by. And yes in boxing, in most sports really, but in this case and other of his fight, well there not quite you can say fixed fights, but they are set up fights.

There rung through and set up in such a way that it greatly increases his chances of winning, in most cases all he has to do is play the run around, and win the fight on points with a few shots here and there which they will make a big deal about. After which run mouth, and set up next fight some years down the line. I do believe his number one selling point is that he is so annoying that people constantly keep buying the PPV simply to see him lose, and he and his mangers and everybody knows that, so they rake in the $$ for what is a pretty mediocre performance, and a lot of hype. The guy is a good boxer for sure, but its more about salesmanship and knowing who to fight, when to fight him, and why, and about selling a product.

Really the whole fact that he had all those past convictions is kind of pointless, as you have people in all walks of life with all kinds of past convictions walking around, and there are just as many of them who have made it big as they have not. Really what it comes down to is, if there raking in the $$ and making people money, then yes he could be chosen as the next pope or president for all people would know or care.

Its all a show folks.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Money + Fame = Power

That's why there's so many pedophiles in top ranking offices that continually get away with doing what they're doing. Or the extreme underground pedophile "culture" in Hollywood. Have enough influence, and you can literally get away with murder. (Think Bill and Hillary Clinton)

Also, Mayweather sucks. I had my money on Pacquiao and would support him again even knowing he'd lose. (Plus, he's an awesome family man from what I've seen and heard.)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: ThinkingCap
Another reason why UFC is justly taking over in combat sports.

They just recently stripped their Light Heavyweight champion due to a hit & run felony charge.

Would have made them millions, instead they take the high road and show that no one is above the rules of life.

I didn't watch the fight, I hear there were more twists in Jamie Foxx's version of the national anthem than there were in the Fight/Hype of the Century.

You have no idea what your talking about boxing pay per view sales are way higher. Floyds lower end pay per view sales are 100,000's more then the UFC's highest ppv's.

You have no idea what I am talking about, actually.
I'm referring to quality and sportsmanship, not dollar bills.

Monetary success and promotional hype should be secondary to athleticism and skill,
One sport is making examples of rule breakers, one is looking past it for PPV and gate sales.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
The UFC is well known for locking their fighters into horrible contracts while buying up the competition, hence the anti trust suit.

The UFC is also well known for hand picking people based on nepotism and their ability to sell more pay per views.

If you think a billion dollar business isn't making wise business choices your cray.

Business before boxing, and that applys to MMA as well.
edit on 5/6/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I say they should change the rules to sports boxing. No being farther apart than arms length for more than 10 seconds at a time or the ref docs you for being a pussy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join