It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Find This To Be Odd...How About You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I want the old imperial system back for gasoline, when a gallon was 4.56 liters. Not like in the US where a gallon is 3.99 liters. When Canada changed from imperial to metric, because they confused everyone, gas went up in price by about 25% overnight. That was back in the 70's.

Stick with what you are used to, because the politicians will always take advantage of any situation, especially a confused situation.

Cheers - Dave

On a side note, it is interesting that Canada has only converted "officially". On the street level very few people use metric except to buy gas. I worked in construction and everyone used imperial... all lumber is sold as such, metal also. Last I remember so do drug dealers. Couldn't tell you my weight or height in metric unless I pulled out my driver's license. Wonder why this is?

I think it's to try and keep us all confused LOL. All I know is that when gas was about 98c for a 4.56 litre gallon, the next day it was 29.5 a litre. They really messed with us. Now that oil had dropped to less than $50 a barrel, you'd think the price per litre would drop to about 65 cents. Not in Canadakastan! The goobermunt had to rush through that emergency excise tax so that they could keep getting enough money in to bribe the municipalities with federalisti grants to promote the UN measures through the Eclei NGO that passes its edicts on down to groups like the AMO. WE are being attacked from the bottom-up and the top-down. Sad ef'ing world this....

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If America goes metric...

... I still only will need SAE tools to work on the old American cars.

My Chevrolet Camaro, engine and tranny built in Mexico and car assembled in Canada with who knows built electronics, will still need my metric wrenches.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You know what i find odd . God seems to have put flamingoes legs on backwards .

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
That was right after the switch to biometric from bioimperial and the corporations started outsourcing the component production. The body was built in the Orion Michigan assembly plant, and the legs were made in Korea. The paint was supposed to be red but somehow during the switch from RGB to CMYK that got mixed wrong and we ended up with pink.

It made a mess of the platypus too.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join