It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malcolm X: Police brutality & mainstream media:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Malcolm X: Police brutality & mainstream media:
This was 50yrs ago or more, but spiritual ancestor Malcolm X could be saying the same damn thing today, it's funny how a lot of folks here and else where don't think the past have any bearing on the present, they will typically say that was along time ago move on, but do tell how is this situation any different today than 50yrs ago.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Think this is going to get interesting, I have feeling people are not going to like how he says what he says.

And I don't think we get out of the first page with 'stats' showing the 'truth'.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wow. I know we're better than that. I know we've made progress in the last 50 years... but, when you look around and read the news, it's as if this speech would be completely within context of current events. What a downer.

I especially love his correlation between more cops and more crime. It's seems obvious but we don't really question that enough.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Here is more from an interview about frustration with the police, now I keep saying this police brutality is also on the rise against whites or rather whites without money or power but keep in mind that brutality was honned in the AA and other minority communities, so as more white folks get themselves down graded economically they will be in for the same treatment ignore this at your own peril.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I love Malcolm. But towards the end of his life he saw things differently than earlier in his career as an activist while a black Muslim…

Actually, the war of black people and police is an unfortunate occurrence.

And it’s done by the elite to separate the lower classes against each other as they run away with all the money, power, and everything else.

It’s called divide and conquer, a very basic methodology

Black people and other poor and middle class people and the police should understand we are all in the same boat and are manipulated by certain forces in order for those forces for obvious reasons

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There was a kid who got a shot by the police for holding a wii remote and the kid's ethnicity is White American.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Are you saying that once case invalidates what the OP is about?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Like I said these tactics will spill over more and more into White communities, tragic situation but lets see how this pans out as in a similar case with that Black 12yrs old dead in 3 sec in a park..these people are out of control despite the crime rate that has plummeted drastically from the 80ts to an all time low.
edit on 1-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Uhhhh there is more

The reality while yes originally the police state would target minorities but now every single man, woman, and child is open season for the TPTB no matter the race and ethnicity.
edit on 1-5-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The reality while yes originally the police state would target minorities but now every single man, woman, and child is open season for the TPTB no matter the race and ethnicity.

True but the problem remains especially acute in those communities, there are currently 1.5 million black men missing in the U.S more people than some small nations, the majority non violent offenses. lets wrap our heads around that figure for a moment.. 1.5 million.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

In the future as more and more whites go poorer they will be open season by the TPTB.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

True but the problem remains especially acute in those communities, there are currently 1.5 million black men missing in the U.S more people than some small nations, the majority non violent offenses. lets wrap our heads around that figure for a moment.. 1.5 million.

There's a big difference between a missing person and one who simply doesn't have an address, is homeless, or avoiding the law or bill collectors.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Persecution of blacks.
Militant Islam
Untrustworthy media
Oppression by the majority

The man was 70 years ahead of his time.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Wow. I know we're better than that. I know we've made progress in the last 50 years... but, when you look around and read the news, it's as if this speech would be completely within context of current events. What a downer.

I especially love his correlation between more cops and more crime. It's seems obvious but we don't really question that enough.

Well before anyone tears off on this cops and crime just remember the standing well armed gangs that operate in just about every black community in america. They must be the primary partners if this idea has any basis in the real world.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I love Malcolm. But towards the end of his life he saw things differently than earlier in his career as an activist while a black Muslim…

Actually, the war of black people and police is an unfortunate occurrence.

And it’s done by the elite to separate the lower classes against each other as they run away with all the money, power, and everything else.

It’s called divide and conquer, a very basic methodology

Black people and other poor and middle class people and the police should understand we are all in the same boat and are manipulated by certain forces in order for those forces for obvious reasons

This is largely a load of crap.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
We came so far and now we're going backwards.
This really is as relevant today as it was fifty years ago.
It is just unacceptable and bewildering.
edit on 2-5-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I remember this from Dr King too - when occupy was happening.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
We came so far and now we're going backwards.
This really is as relevant today as it was fifty years ago.
It is just unacceptable and bewildering.

What is bewildering is why there is a racial tone to this. You want to tell me 50 years ago that these cops wouldn't have been all white?

Someone care to explain why we are looking so hard at the racial something or another here? If some want to talk about out of control cops well thats another discussion.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join