It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 CELLOS - They don't care about us - Michael Jackson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have always appreciated the original for the artistic value and the power behind the lyric's. But this version introduces a whole new level(minus the lyric's)that I thought you fine folks at ATS would appreciate. Not sure if the red vs blue is intentional but very poignant. Rather than star and flag here thumbs up there.

While I have your attention. My inner conspiracy theorist has something to say.

I believe we all need to be reminded that people like Michael Jackson were trying to open our eyes to something. I also believe he was a victim of a discredit campaign because he held to much power. Similar to Malcom X and MLK. He captivated an entire generation(me included). If he said raise up, we would have. But instead his reputation and credibility were destroyed eventually leading to his untimely death.

The original prison version .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
LOVE these guys! They have other vids that are awesome as well! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Some more. LOVE this!

edit on 1-5-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here here !
Nice .a reply to: JAY1980

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think the Blue and Red symbolize the New World Colonials and the British Redcoats from the American Revolution.

Take that anyway you wish.
Symbolism is a personal journey.

Gorgeous song and rendition.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thank you - I'd never watched a video of them.

I find it interesting that these two Croatian cellists use US (red coat/blue coat), European (chess) and universal (war) symbolism in this statement.

Delightful - again thank you.

And my favorite (one of) Sting:

efra1YeB_cM
edit on 1-5-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You can tell if a rock/pop song really has any artistic value when it's adapted to a style for which is wasn't written and still sounds cool. For those who like this sort of thing, you might want to check out the Finnish bluegrass group Steve'n'Seagulls. They do a killer version of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck."

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I just recently heard of these guys, they are awesome. In some ways they remind me of Lindsey Stirling .. taking classical instruments to a new level. I'd love to see her and the 2cellos guys get together!

edit on 1-5-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Yes, I'd like to see her do something with the 2 cellos guys too! Amazing!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
A great song and a great cover.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
I just recently heard of these guys, they are awesome. In some ways they remind me of Lindsey Stirling .. taking classical instruments to a new level. I'd love to see her and the 2cellos guys get together!

My thoughts exactly!

Add:

For the new era element and you got yourself a sweet band!

edit on 3-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join