It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos Can Cause Apple Watches To Malfunction....sorry if you are sleeved!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hopefully this will cause the "Smart Watch" to fail market wise. Then people can get their heads out of their arses and get a sense of perspective and spend their money on actually important things, destroying this whole frivolous keep up with the joneses trite consumer culture. There is nothing impressive to me about a "Smart Watch" and certainly nothing newsworthy about it and I think that people that spend money on it first thing when it comes out either have too much time on their hands, too much money or are just plain fools. Either way it does point out a lack of something in their lives.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well this isn't good news for the tech baby of Wallstreet. My guess this watch is going to be a flop. I mean it costs as much as an iPad and does quite a bit less...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
Well this isn't good news for the tech baby of Wallstreet. My guess this watch is going to be a flop. I mean it costs as much as an iPad and does quite a bit less...

Some costs 8000 GBP

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Hopefully this will cause the "Smart Watch" to fail market wise. Then people can get their heads out of their arses and get a sense of perspective and spend their money on actually important things, destroying this whole frivolous keep up with the joneses trite consumer culture. There is nothing impressive to me about a "Smart Watch" and certainly nothing newsworthy about it and I think that people that spend money on it first thing when it comes out either have too much time on their hands, too much money or are just plain fools. Either way it does point out a lack of something in their lives.

Reading through page 1, I decided I was going to post my two cents, but this covers my thoughts exactly, so I'll just second it.
Well said!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Murphy's Law is still in action.

If it is only to assure for some security issue that the watch is in contact with skin and no removed, I world think there are other ways to do it. Sounds like the heart monitor got used because it was there. haha.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Think of the Apple Watch as an IDIOT branding. Makes it easier to spot idiots.

Best thing you can do is point and giggle as check their watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat
The criminals will now know who to mug. Kidnappings should go up.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well seems fair considering apple products seem to make peoples brains malfunction......

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, we've had the "Charge you battery fast by putting your iphone in the microwave"
Then we had the "Make your iphone waterproof with this app"

Whats next?

Will it be "Wear this expensive watch to protect yourself from muggers"

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Yeah I know! As much as a Rolex or 9 ounces of gold.

I don't think I could ever spend that much on a piece of jewelry. Or even a computer for that matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: newWorldSamurai
Life can be difficult in the first world.

This is the science and tech forum, we don't have to feed every homeless person before we discuss current tech issues.

I guess none of the apple engineers who tested this had wrist tattoos. :/

Yeah....I am actually a bit shocked they had this issue come up.....I would think someone in R&D is getting a tongue lashing at this point. Not really sure how they could fix it though because of how the sensor works.

Software update to turn the sensor off perhaps.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is what happens when you drop $400 on a product without knowing anything about it, without waiting for reviews about it, and without seeing it in a store first.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
People should know by now to never buy the first draft - they work all the kinks out on the suckers who do

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
As with several other Apple products (Apple Cube comes to mind, among others) the products are poorly tested in the real world.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Amazing how many people voluntarily spend hundreds of dollars for personal tracking devices nowadays. And coincidentally, these CHIPS are always on/in your hand or up to your head ....

HAHA everyone in the world volunteered for the mark of the beast and many dont even know it or care. Whatever, back on topic.

I just want to understand the actual physics behind this glitch. The dark tattoos impair the ability for the sensor that detects your heart rate to function correctly, and as a result the mark of the beast believes it is no longerattached with its chipped subject and engages security precautions? Is that the gist of it?? I am so glad I gave up cell phones at the New Year. Life is calmer.

I am certain most of the millennials here would literally go into instant paralysis and just die if they were disconnected from a cell phone for more than 48 hours. As a result, I consider myself a superior human being to those who cannot function without a PTD. However, I give a break to whomever says its for business purposes. At least that answer makes sense.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

edit on 1-5-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good.. i hope the blunder bankrupts them.

But on a more probable level: this blunder likely will be referenced for years to come. An unusual oversight by a company that is typically known for its excellent execution.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join