It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Protest in Philadelphia Today Around 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This one is supposed to take place at Dilworth Plaza which is part of the City Hall complex.

www.ccdparks.org...

I work in a building near that location and they are sending everyone home along with locking most of the doors for fear of any repeats of the thuggish behavior that has been seen.

Hopefully this stays calm and the people that care about creating change in the system get to speak their opinions and words vs criminals causing chaos.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hope it's a peaceful one for everyones sake. I saw the police gave the report to the prosecutor this morning. Not sure how long she will sit on it. The longer they wait to figure it out the more upset people will be. Has crazy Al Sharpton made it to town yet?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

There's supposed to be one happening here in Cincinnati, too, put on by the local "Black Lives Matter" group. Interested to see how that turns out...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

If I am not mistaken, the report will be made public tomorrow.

I worry more about after this is made public.

I think at this point, no matter what it says, people will find a reason to either not believe it and we will see more MASS protesting, or believe it and we will see more MASS protesting.

It is a no win anymore, there will be protests, and hopefully they will stay peaceful.
But I expect a lot more after tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I doubt it will be peaceful.

They are protesting racism, correct?
And the rich white Republicans who are holding them down? At least that is what Obama said about the Baltimore riots.

Let's look at who is in charge and who is really holding them down:

President of the US: Barack Obama
Barack Hussein Obama II ( born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States, and the first African American to hold the office. Democrat. (currently running the US for 7 years)

Governor of Pennsylvania: Tom Wolf
Dr. Thomas Westerman "Tom" Wolf[1] (born November 17, 1948) is an American politician and businessman who is the 47th and current Governor of Pennsylvania, since taking office on January 20, 2015. A Democrat, (wiki doesn't say, but he is white)

Mayor of Phildelphia: Michael Nutter
Michael Anthony Nutter is the 98th/124th and current Mayor of Philadelphia. He is the third African-American to hold the position. Elected on November 6, 2007, he was reelected to a second term on November 8, 2011. Democrat (currently running Phildelphia for 4 years)

Police Chief: Charles Ramsey
Charles H. Ramsey (born 1950), is the Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department. Prior to assuming that post in January 2008, he had served as Chief of the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia (MPDC) from 1998 to early 2007. (not mentioned in Wiki, but is white) Previously:the head of Mr. Obama’s task force on 21st Century policing practices (currently police Chief for Philadelphia for the past 7 years) Democrat

District Attorney for Phildelphia:
Rufus Seth Williams (born January 2, 1967) is the District Attorney of the city of Philadelphia. He began his term January 4, 2010.[1] He formerly served as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA).[2] Williams is the first African-American District Attorney in Philadelphia and in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.[1] Democrat (currently DA for Philadelphia for the past 5 years)

Overall police force racial profile:
In terms of racial demographics for all sworn personnel, 56% are white, 34% are African American, 8% are Latino, and 1.4% are Asian, .14% are American Indian, and .17% are other.
For civilian police personnel, 35% are white, 53% are African American, 7.5% are Latino, 2.3% are Asian, .2% are American Indian, and 1.4% are other.

So 3 out of the 5 leaders from police commissioner up to President of the US of Philadelphia are black, a majority of the leadership.

100% of the leadership of Philadelphia for the past 4 years has been Democrat.

When the sworn and civilian police personnel are combined, close to 47% are not white, with 45.5% of the population being white, so white police personnel are slightly underrepresented for their racial group in Philadelphia.

So if Black Democrats have been in charge for the past 4 years
why are their riots over racial discrimination?
Who is really responsible for the discrimination?

If the police force is highly diverse, as it is,
why are people crying discrimination?

Something is amiss.

edit on 2Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:37:17 -0500pm43004pmk304 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
HUGS not THUGS. The ones who will suffer are the ones who go beyond "peaceful".

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Incredible post grandmakdw!

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Are you sure they are sending people home because of fear and not so people can join the protest?

The more people free in the streets the more people will be joining in the protest.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Are you sure they are sending people home because of fear and not so people can join the protest?
The more people free in the streets the more people will be joining in the protest.

No they are sending people home because they are locking up the bottom half of the building where the primary business is.

It makes sense..this building is literally right next to City Hall and would make a prime target for looters and other thugs..

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a good place to be. Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Thanks, I understand, nobody wants to be looted and having their property damage, specially when the latest news are not looking good.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm hearing a lot of helicopters and police cars outside right now.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Still waiting on that violence to break out...
The local news seems more interested in the NFL Draft.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I thought it was going to turn ugly for about 20 minutes it was some scary time of confrontation as the protestors wanted to go into the road that connect to I 95 after a struggle the police let them go and people turn into one of the side streets and didn't go into the highway.

It really looks like it was going to be some ugly stuff going on.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

But it didn't...
the "Demmycrats and Coloreds" didn't do what some on this thread seem to expect.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think we may luck out and get rain today.
Nobody wants to protest in bad weather)
I spent my early childhood across from Philly and I remember the zoo, the science museum and the electric trains.
It really was a beautiful city back in the early 60's.
Last time I was there was the early 90's and North Philly looked like a warzone then.
I can't imagine how much worse it is 20 years later.

It's really sad to see how the cities of the Northeast have fallen to decay; Cleveland, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore, Detroit - all once vibrant and bustling with industry, now full of abandoned buildings and memories.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Here we go

Something tells me these protests will become the norm

As they should

top topics

join