It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo confronted about Fox News coverage of Baltimore

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Imo, if the corporate owned media, focused on the real issues, the people would be burning down the walmarts, and franchises that truly have robbed the 99% from having any opportunities.
If they can keep the people focused on killing each other, then they will not take revenge on the 1% who have robbed them, and stolen their inheritances. It would be a sad day for the 1% if the 99% united against the corporate vermin that has robbed killed and destroyed the poor.
Its better for the 1% to keep the spot light on the activities of the few who are prone to violence. Than to take a real look at the issues, because they would be brought to their knees, if the people held them accountable.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Stop making sense.. You know that kid is just a "thug".. Aint that right Snarl and Animal..

edit on 4/30/2015 by ThichHeaded because: Edited cause derped.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The issues this young man is addressing have been topics of much discussion for years and years. The recent death is simply being piggy backed on here for more discussion.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Al Capone's vault.
a reply to: Deaf Alien

He never was much of a news man. He is now doing things like Trump's TV show. IMO, he is there to make people think his news career still exists. That and to feed his huge ego. Complete waste of time to talk to him.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Analogous to jumping on a stage and yelling
"Don't look at me!"

edit on 30-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
The kid had valid points and you brush him of as a thug.

Yep. I don't care how you wanna 'spin' it. A silver tongue ain't gonna raise you up no further than what your mammy and your pappy taught you. I ain't no different [snipped]

That there feller in the video ... he had quite the mouth on him. You think his peanut brain might have had any semblance of an idea of how to fix the problems he wished to articulate? He was out agitatin' ... and what did he do? He failed. And he failed with one of his own kind to boot.

Anyone can see 'the problem' (and clown-ass-thug is a big part of the larger picture ... even though he is too naïve to see how he's allowed himself to be played by the narrative). How many people do you think there are that might be able to fix it? And what percentage of them have the ballz to step up?
edit on Sun May 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The young man who got in Geraldo's face did make a few points. Any news outlet loves stories like these where "if it bleeds it leads". The "thug" did have the balls enough to confront this with Geraldo. Now, let's see if Fox or NBC, CBS or ABC looks into this young man's allegations to the conditions in Baltimore neighborhoods. That would be very interesting and make for a great human interest story.

Baltimore is a classic example of large US cities that return the same politicians to office over and over again. Philadelphia, Atlanta, Detroit are responsible for maintaining their urban areas and as with their corruption tend ignore these problems. Politicians, on the other hand, have a play book of excuses and reasons for why or why not addressing these living conditions.

Police brutality is only the trigger for the dissatisfaction with their living standards in these large cities. When the dissatisfaction is combined with professional agitators this makes for a powder keg.

Another approach is to relocate the inter-city problems to the suburbs by gentrification. They rebuild the inter-city with very expensive housing well beyond the means of the residents. This forces them into section 8 housing in the suburbs which carries the problems to small municipalities who seldom have the resources to deal with the issues that is caused.

This is my 2 cents from a sixty-something old man who has seen 3 riots in my home town.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

Geraldo is so disconnected from the audience around him he makes me want to smack him in his face. The way he smiles and ignores the important issue the young man is addressing riles me up, I give credit to the young man for not getting violent or abusive. No doubt Fox news, or any other major news channel will not show this. The media are not there to report on the death of Freddy or the abuse of Police power, they're there to show the country black riots.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this, do you agree with the young man?

I remember "Jerry" coming to our FOB in Afghanistan a decade back looking for blood to put on camera. We wanted to beat the smirk off his face back then.

Didn't though.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Geraldo is so disconnected from the audience around him he makes me want to smack him in his face. The way he smiles and ignores the important issue the young man is addressing riles me up, I give credit to the young man for not getting violent or abusive. No doubt Fox news, or any other major news channel will not show this. The media are not there to report on the death of Freddy or the abuse of Police power, they're there to show the country black riots.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this, do you agree with the young man?

I remember "Jerry" coming to our FOB in Afghanistan a decade back looking for blood to put on camera. We wanted to beat the smirk off his face back then.

Didn't though.

We need to hold the news medias' feet to the fire! If we keep writing to insure they follow up on the improvements in Ferguson and Baltimore holding the politicians' to account. Then maybe we could kill two birds with one stone. Make the media report accurately and the politicians act responsibly.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
The kid had valid points and you brush him of as a thug.

Yep. I don't care how you wanna 'spin' it. A silver tongue ain't gonna raise you up no further than what your mammy and your pappy taught you. I ain't no different ... 'cept'n I call a spade "a spade" when I seez one.

That there feller in the video ... he had quite the mouth on him. You think his peanut brain might have had any semblance of an idea of how to fix the problems he wished to articulate? He was out agitatin' ... and what did he do? He failed. And he failed with one of his own kind to boot.

Anyone can see 'the problem' (and clown-ass-thug is a big part of the larger picture ... even though he is too naïve to see how he's allowed himself to be played by the narrative). How many people do you think there are that might be able to fix it? And what percentage of them have the ballz to step up?

The word thug, is now just a cover up for the word N.igger.

How you say this man is a thug is a #ing joke. He speaks sense and is a good example of how to ha e a constrictive debate. The reason he asked for the cameras to be turned off if because he didn't want to seem like it was for attention, he eve said that.

You have shown you true colours mate. If you Fi d it that easy to label an educated black man wanting to talk with reasonable a thug, you clearly have an issue with the guys colour, whether you like to admit it or not.

A thug is the man rioting, not the man asking for the cameras to be turned off so he can have a one to one conversation with somebody who could actually change the situation.

Clearly, a thug to you, is a black person speaking out about oppression and biased coverage. what an absolute joke

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: abe froman

Hmmmm Can I ask You a question guys? I have watched CNN just seconds ago, and I saw people in crowd with a banner: "BLACK POWER"....

Hit me if I am wrong, but "WHITE POWER" is soooo racism.

I'm pretty sure if white people were victims of institutional racism there would be a strong sense of unity within your race, and you would want to say white power.

Having lived in the UK all my life and be mixed race my self, when I see what's happening over there with black people it upsets me and angers me. Lynching maybe not acceptable no more but racism on a huge scale is still alive. If i lived in America, no doubt I would be shouting black power.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The word thug, is now just a cover up for the word N.igger.

How you say this man is a thug is a #ing joke.

Are you parroting the MSM? Are we gonna have a funeral for another 'word' in the near future?

You know nothing of the thug in the video. I think he wanted all trecording shut down so one of the other thugs would have an unrecorded opportunity to play the knockout game with Geraldo. Of course, I freely admit I know nothing of the asshat other than what I saw him trying to orchestrate.

Your sensitivity to my unrestrained expression of observation ... is the exact apologetic crapolla that got us where we all are in the first place.

It will please me greatly when your immigrants begin to dictate what you 'consider' freedom of speech. It's gonna happen to you first (lol) and we'll hopefully take lesson from it.

Where's your spine?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Every time blacks scream black power all I think of is, well, exhibit A-frica.

Which ironically, doesnt have prevalent electrical power let alone running water.
edit on 30-4-2015 by jemolombo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The way he smiles and ignores the important issue the young man is addressing riles me up, I give credit to the young man for not getting violent or abusive.

Why would this guy get credit for not being violent or abusive?

Regardless, the MSM works not for the people.

How about giving this guy credit for seeming to be awake...except maybe not if he thinks CNN is on his side. I can't tell where he stands on media overall.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep. I don't care how you wanna 'spin' it. A silver tongue ain't gonna raise you up no further than what your mammy and your pappy taught you. I ain't no different ... 'cept'n I call a spade "a spade" when I seez one.

Yes because thug is the new N word. So as soon as you see a black person that dares to open his mouth to a white man you label him a thug.

That there feller in the video ... he had quite the mouth on him. You think his peanut brain might have had any semblance of an idea of how to fix the problems he wished to articulate?

How do you know that he doesn't have any answers do you know him personally? No he is just another thug running his mouth huh?

Anyone can see 'the problem'

Too bad you can't.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

That's quite obvious what we are talking about is the video in the OP

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If those Baltimore people hustled as hard as they cry about racisms they would get pretty far in life. They won't they will wallow in the own self pity and cry cry cry .

Scrubs going to be scrubs.

Geraldo, along with the other media, is not there for peaceful marches, poverty reports and to cover the poor because that does not bring in ratings. Citizens responding to a criminal's death by committing further criminal activity does bring in ratings.

what is so hard to understand??

Sure there are peaceful protests but when was the last time you have focused on the good things someone does as opposed to the bad things??

Think back when you were a kid. Remember how you could follow all the rules and get no attention... you break one rule and you would get all sorts of attention. Same here...

This guy was just looking for someone to scream at, he didn't want to talk. The only thing you can do in those situations is walk away or scream back with the risk of escalating it to a physical confrontation. #thug

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The black man was 100% right. He's not the problem but he is the solution.
edit on 1-5-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: votan

what is so hard to understand??

I'd ask you the same thing but we clearly have very different ways of thinking.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Every person that rioted that night was a thug. Every person that broke a window, burned a building, flipped a car, stole for themselves, etc. that night was a thug. Sure...call thug the new N-word if you want. But if the shoe fits...wear it. There may be some race problems in our country but the majority of those problems are the fault of one race. In this case...you have a black mayor, prosecutor, etc. A democratic run city and you blame whom for their "problems"? The rich white folk? They aren't even there nor are they in control or government in that area.

The biggest problem with black people in such areas is their refusal to realize they continue to screw themselves. If a group of people decides to do as they wish, riot, deal drugs, etc. they give up their right to complain that there is no economic growth in the area. No one wants to open a business there because the area is full of people willing to burn their business down if they don't get what they want...even though they aren't willing to do anything productive about it.

Look in the mirror.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join