It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Mayor Ordered Cops, 'Let Them Loot, It's Only Property'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Speculation running wild now that some "sources" are claiming Baltimore Mayor Blake actually *DID* give direct orders to not interfere with looting and rioting the other day.

Many newsreels show this could be true because of the obvious "tolerance" on display by police.

And of course we have her on video saying as much and later in total denial.

Lots of questions with the whole Baltimore issue.

It *does* seem a bit odd that all the officials involved are so cool calm and collected as if the whole thing is part of a scripted plan.

Maybe the whole point was to make the local police look weak and inadequate in order to justify larger forces from the outside.

Perhaps the goal is to establish "permanent" Federal forces in the big cities.

Hmmm.

warning: the "source" is from FoxNews take it or leave it.

Fox News' Leland Vittert is reporting that on Monday, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake gave a direct order to the police to stand down and not confront the rioters. While not named Vittert's sources were senior law enforcement officers.

My source tells me and it's a senior law enforcement source involved in trying to deal with these riots from the very beginning, that they were told by the mayor, the direct quote is, let them loot. It's only property. And the video tells a very telling tale. This is where I was standing on Monday night. This store behind me was looted. The liquor store across the street was looted and it wasn't on for hours. The other liquor store, the green building right there was looted as well. When all of that was happening, the police were standing the whole time. Just about at the top of the hill right there, they watched it all happen and did nothing, Dana. My source tells me that that was a direct order from the mayor down to the chief of police and then down to their police force to let this happen on Monday. Let the brick throwing happen and rioting happen.

The report on the Fox website adds, "Asked directly if the mayor was the one who gave that order, the source said: 'You are God damn right it was.'"

Baltimore Mayor Ordered Cops, 'Let Them Loot, It's Only Property'

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How many people are going to be kicked out of their apartments/homes because their workplace was burned down? Top to bottom there is nothing good about this script...err I mean situation.

As I watched this unfold, I thought the police response was weak, as in the opposite of the riots and looting in Ferguson, MO. It was like the police learned the wrong lesson in MO. So the "let them loot" order makes sense.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Ettenurb because: added thoughts

edit on 29-4-2015 by Ettenurb because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What, what, what!?!

Government's SOLE purpose is to protect private property [to include rights, they are property] and to prevent the theft of or unlawful conversion of private to public property.

If legitimate... That quote...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ettenurb

How many people are going to be kicked out of their apartments/homes because their workplace was butned down? Top to bottom there is nothing good about this script...err I mean situation.

That's a good question.

I bet hundreds.

We can add that to the Baltimore long list of failures.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I doubt the question of her orders will ever truly be answered. But I myself would be in favor of the destruction of property versus a loss of life. As long as if she gave those orders she was willing to reimburse the businesses.

As to your mention of federal forces. I am not currently aware of any federal forces involved in Baltimore?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Fox news always has the juicy unnamed sources.

If this really did happen then it was a horrible decision.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I doubt the question of her orders will ever truly be answered. But I myself would be in favor of the destruction of property versus a loss of life. As long as if she gave those orders she was willing to reimburse the businesses.

As to your mention of federal forces. I am not currently aware of any federal forces involved in Baltimore?

Correct, no Federal forces (yet).

But I think the Feds would love to set precedent.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Only property. Something Marxist have no respect for as a personal idea. In this case simply collateral damage in the larger war. State and theater own it all in their minds.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here's the Mayor making the actual statement the other day.

If she said it then, why would she NOT say it to police commanders as well ?????

I say the command was given as the speculation claims.

Baltimore Mayor: We Give Protesters Space to Destroy | Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Press Conference

Baltimore Mayor: We 'Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy Space to Do That' . Baltimore Mayor Says She Instructed Police To Give Protesters Space To Destroy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Only property. Something Marxist have no respect for as a personal idea. In this case simply collateral damage in the larger war. State and theater own it all ion their minds.

Good point.

And obviously true in this case for sure !!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The city government wants these parts of town abandoned so that they can give contracts to friends to rebuild them nicely and move in more upscale business and what better way to do it than to let the locals burn down their own neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was unaware that Baltimore had millions of dollars in surplus budget to pay for everything caused by the rioters and looters.

hmmpf.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Does any one know if a business can make a claim to the city in the event their business is damaged in a riot?
Like outside of an insurance claim? Or would the insurance just go after the city.

Cause if they can, then I can kinda see he thought process here.
Not that I agree, just I can see why one might choose that route if they knew they would be reimburse those that lost property.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My question becomes, was the area alloted [for destruction] public property? Section 8 housing, parks, governmental service and benefit locations, shelters, subsidised battered women and foster care houses, etc?

I smell a massive illegal conversion of private to public in this, though.

Most governments and government agencies have immunity from suits, so, property rights be damned, go get stonewalled by insurance.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I was unaware that Baltimore had millions of dollars in surplus budget to pay for everything caused by the rioters and looters.

hmmpf.

Learn something new every day.

The mayor ordered it,
Let her pay for it.
Forgot to add, she'll need to pay for the 20 officers injured medical bills and disability if needed.
Going to be a pricey little riot for her.
I have to wonder (her being a Democratic party rising star) if she isn't trying to draw this out and get the maximum amount of face time with media since it would be helpful to future campaigns?
edit on 29-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

(post by THESUG removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Baltimore Mayor needs to be FIRED. Yesterday.

Totally unacceptable. She endangered lives. She needs to be fired. NOW.

link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
If that was her intent, she failed rather spectacularly.

link   

originally posted by: THESUG
This site is grotesquely racist.

Time to face the realities of social/political failure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join