It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Klingon Symbol Linked to Egypt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know the title sounds like a joke, but look at this...

'nuff said, I think. Dunno.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

It's equally as plausible a theory as anything published by Sitchin, Von Daniken, Hancock or the rest.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

If I keep staring at it I see a 'yield for loch ness' sign. Man its late

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are insinuating a symbol that is Egyptian, is in fact from a fictitious alien species?
Not thinking about fiction writers or designers borrowing from known past civilizations from earth?
edit on 27-4-2015 by randomtangentsrme because: forgot an "n"

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Doesn't that mean "caution turtle crossing"?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Its clearly a symbol of a Key to the pyramid.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Doesn't that mean "caution turtle crossing"?

No, it means caution, deadly, vicious, attack turtle with war hammer crossing!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I'll help you rephrase your own question.... the title of the thread.

"Is it possible that those who wrote Star Trek was inspired by egyptology???!!" *omgzorz*

To which we can all answer.... Yes... Yes, that's quite possible.
But that doesn't mean a damn thing. A lot of ancient bull crap has inspired a lot of modern writing / fiction / film making.

So my question would be.... what the heck does it matter??

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

I was under the impression almost everything in the trek universe comes from human history..

Romulus and Remus...
Vedic's...
The cardassians and their ships are specifically based off of Egyptian history. Hence the reason their ships looks like Ankh's. That comes from the designer himself.

Star Trek and History (Wiley Pop Culture and History Series)
www.amazon.com...

A guide to the history that informs the world of Star Trek—just in time for the next JJ Abrams Star Trek movie
For a series set in our future, Star Trek revisits the past constantly. Kirk and Spock battle Nazis, Roman gladiators, and witness the Great Depression. When they're not doubling back on their own earlier timelines, the crew uses the holodeck to spend time in the American Old West or Victorian England. Alien races have their own complex and fascinating histories, too.

The Star Trek universe is a sci-fi imagining of a future world that is rooted in our own human history. Gene Roddenberry created a television show with a new world and new rules in order to comment on social and political issues of the 1960s, from the Vietnam War and race relations to the war on terror and women's rights. Later Star Trek series and films also grapple with the issues of their own decades: HIV, ecological threats, the collapse of the Soviet Union, and terrorism.

How did Uhura spur real-life gender and racial change in the 1960s? Is Kirk inextricably linked with the mythical Old West? What history do the Klingons share with the Soviet Union? Can Nazi Germany shed light on the history and culture of the Cardassians? Star Trek and History explains how the holodeck is as much a source for entertainment as it is a historical teaching tool, how much of the technology we enjoy today had its conceptual roots in Star Trek, and how by looking at Norse mythology we can find our very own Q.
•Features an exclusive interview with Nichelle Nichols, the actress behind the original Lt. Uhura, conducted at the National Air and Space Museum
•Explains the historical inspiration behind many of the show's alien races and storylines
•Covers topics ranging from how stellar cartography dates back to Ancient Rome, Greece, and Babylonia to how our ""Great Books"" of western literature continue to be an important influence to Star Trek's characters of the future
•Includes a timeline comparing the stardates of Star Trek's timeline to our own real world history

Filled with fascinating historical comparisons, Star Trek and History is an essential companion for every Star Trek fan.

edit on 28-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
I'll help you rephrase your own question.... the title of the thread.

"Is it possible that those who wrote Star Trek was inspired by egyptology???!!" *omgzorz*

... and I shall rephrase yours ...
"Is it possible that those who wrote Star Trek were inspired by Egyptology?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Being inspired by ancient civilisations when it comes to fictional space stories, is quite normal. That's not the point, though. What I'm seeing is, as AnuTyr put it... a key. I think this picture might help to explain the true purpose of those “machines” - it's all about hydrolysis. The sun grows barley, which is ploughed and then put inside the pyramid... then salt water is pumped into it and the sun shines through a thin tunnel so that the heat warms up the saline solution or possibly sets the grass alight. It wasn't just a power plant, but also a factory. Think about this; what would one extract from barley after putting it through sufficient hydrolysis? Auxins maybe?

edit on 28th April 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

[align=justify]Being inspired by ancient civilisations when it comes to fictional space stories, is quite normal. That's not the point, though. What I'm seeing is, as AnuTyr put it... a key. I think this picture might help to explain the true purpose of those “machines” - it's all about hydrolysis.

So if this was your point all along, why is this thesis not a part of the OP?

The sun grows barley, which is ploughed and then put inside the pyramid... then salt water is pumped into it and the sun shines through a thin tunnel so that the heat warms up the saline solution or possibly sets the grass alight. It wasn't just a power plant, but also a factory.

What exactly is the evidence for any of this? And are you implying that the writers of Star Trek have some secret knowledge of the Egyptians that Archaeologists and Egyptologists are unwilling to share with the world?

It's just a little confusing with no supporting data. Especially since Barley isn't plowed, it's harvested. The fields are plowed prior to planting of grain.

Also, what is the tie in with the Hebrew month of Tammuz? anything being planted would have been in the ground prior to mid June/July(the approximation of what Tammuz corresponds to) and wouldn't be harvested for several months yet and the word isn't originally Hebrew, it came from the Babylonian exile, long after and Hebrews were allegedly in Egypt and nearly 2000 years after the GP and over 1000 years after the last pyramid was built. I'm just having trouble seeing how you're connecting all these dots here. Could you expound on the idea a little perhaps?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

What exactly is the evidence for any of this? And are you implying that the writers of Star Trek have some secret knowledge of the Egyptians that Archaeologists and Egyptologists are unwilling to share with the world?

Actually, is that picture even from Star Trek or did somebody just change it? I have no idea, so I cannot imply anything in that respect. The proper Klingon insignia is interesting for sure but in this case there is a pyramid and what looks to me like Hebrew.

Barley isn't plowed, it's harvested. The fields are plowed prior to planting of grain.

True, so let's assume that it is “sheared”. See my below translations which support that notion.

Also, what is the tie in with the Hebrew month of Tammuz?

Tammuz means July and that month has long been associated with both Osiris and Sirius. July was the month of the inundation, which is probably held in great importance because it represents fertility.

Now please don't mind me while I delve into Hebrew... again.

אשר - Asher (associated with trees)
אשור - Assyria, beech
שור - Ox

שעורה - barley - pronounced s‘ora, which could mean...
שורא - pulley, axle, navel, river bank, shore, rampart

Now look at that picture again. You see the axle made from what I can only assume to be either the horns or the pelvis of an ox? Beech... a very tall tree, possibly used to form a long beam pulled by multiple oxen. Shore is also plural for shear, and one might shear the long barley grass. Much of the agriculture in Egypt took place on the banks, or shores, of the Nile River. Navel might relate to a part of the wheel on a carronade, which could historically be linked to a device pulled by oxen. Navel is also a cut of beef from the flank, and flank itself can mean “to turn” or “to lead” (which a pulley might do). Flank may also mean “to the side”, like a “wing” and “aisle” also fits that description. Now then... is אסל Hebrew for aisle? Well, it does translate to “yoke”, and what's one of those? Yep, a pair of oxen bowed together or even “the amount of land ploughed by oxen in a day”. It can also mean “to be enslaved”. Yikes.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Actually, is that picture even from Star Trek or did somebody just change it? I have no idea, so I cannot imply anything in that respect.

I don't know, it's your OP that's why I'm asking!

The proper Klingon insignia is interesting for sure but in this case there is a pyramid and what looks to me like Hebrew.

So where does the picture actually originate then?

True, so let's assume that it is “sheared”. See my below translations which support that notion.

Tammuz means July

But it doesn't actually. The month of Tammuz is a 29 day month analogous to what would currently be mid june to mid july.

and that month has long been associated with both Osiris and Sirius. July was the month of the inundation, which is probably held in great importance because it represents fertility.

Now please don't mind me while I delve into Hebrew... again.

אשר - Asher (associated with trees)
אשור - Assyria, beech
שור - Ox

שעורה - barley - pronounced s‘ora, which could mean...
שורא - pulley, axle, navel, river bank, shore, rampart

Now look at that picture again. You see the axle made from what I can only assume to be either the horns or the pelvis of an ox? Beech... a very tall tree, possibly used to form a long beam pulled by multiple oxen. Shore is also plural for shear, and one might shear the long barley grass. Much of the agriculture in Egypt took place on the banks, or shores, of the Nile River. Navel might relate to a part of the wheel on a carronade, which could historically be linked to a device pulled by oxen. Navel is also a cut of beef from the flank, and flank itself can mean “to turn” or “to lead” (which a pulley might do). Flank may also mean “to the side”, like a “wing” and “aisle” also fits that description. Now then... is אסל Hebrew for aisle? Well, it does translate to “yoke”, and what's one of those? Yep, a pair of oxen bowed together or even “the amount of land ploughed by oxen in a day”. It can also mean “to be enslaved”. Yikes.[/align]

As interesting as it appears, it's still heavy on conjecture when you use a lot of qualifiers such as "I can only assume" , "one might" , "is probably" , "what looks like to me" , "probably represents" etc...

I still haven't seen anything that supports your assertion that the GP was a machine or factory utilized for hydrolysis so if that's the basis for your thesis, why not support it with facts and citations? I'm not trying to bust your balls but the entirety of the OP consists of a picture of unknown origin, some conjecture regarding the Klingon script actually being Hebrew and a novel interpretation attempting to tie it into the GP using Hebrew that didn't exist until millennia after the GP was built and over 1000 years after the last pyramid was constructed in Egypt. It just seems like a really huge stretch of the imagination. An interesting one and something new that I haven't seen previously so I'll give credit where it's due, but still heavy on conjecture and light on supporting facts. Just my take on it.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So where does the picture actually originate then?

Dunno, I ran a Google search for it and there are very few results. Oh, as for where I found it... some random's profile picture on FB.

But it doesn't actually. The month of Tammuz is a 29 day month analogous to what would currently be mid june to mid july.

What I'm most concerned about in respect of July is the helical rising of Sirius. Seems I overlooked something, though... this actually appears to coincide with the low water, not the inundation, in other words the harvest. That actually makes more sense now given what I believe is the depiction of harvesting.

As interesting as it appears, it's still heavy on conjecture when you use a lot of qualifiers such as "I can only assume" , "one might" , "is probably" , "what looks like to me" , "probably represents" etc...

That's because it is conjecture, I'm not stating anything as fact. I'm just exploring something which has become of great interest to me and hoped for some useful input into my idea, which you have kindly done.

I still haven't seen anything that supports your assertion that the GP was a machine or factory utilized for hydrolysis so if that's the basis for your thesis, why not support it with facts and citations?

Exactly, it's a theory... I can't substantiate that because it's not documented. I could go into more detail but there's a certain forum rule which might conflict with my theory, so I'll have to keep quiet on that.

I'm not trying to bust your balls but the entirety of the OP consists of a picture of unknown origin, some conjecture regarding the Klingon script actually being Hebrew and a novel interpretation attempting to tie it into the GP using Hebrew that didn't exist until millennia after the GP was built and over 1000 years after the last pyramid was constructed in Egypt.

The Hebrew, if that's even what it is, could only be symbolic and not in itself particularly relevant. It might as well use hieroglyphs instead.

It just seems like a really huge stretch of the imagination. An interesting one and something new that I haven't seen previously so I'll give credit where it's due, but still heavy on conjecture and light on supporting facts. Just my take on it.

That is how my imagination works. If I could support what I've said then I would be presenting it very differently.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Were you drunk when you started this thread? Put down the doob.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

Drunk? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, I left my glass of port downstairs. Excuse me a moment...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
*sigh* I just did a quick little bit of digging...The central black area of the picture is a stylized outline of some sort of Klingon ship, and the "Hebrew" translates to KAG. The picture is the logo for the "Klingon Assault Group", some sort of fan club/cosplayers/eternal virgins.

Now, if you'll excuse me.... I just spent the last 10 or 15 minutes figuring out which Klingon alphabet that was (apparently there are several) and translating it, so I think I'm gonna go gouge my eyes out with a melon baller or jump off a bridge or something.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join