It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Coup D'etat Happening on American Soil RIght Now (updated 2x)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
WTF?

This is insane.

I dont know if now is the time to fly home.

Looks like the US has some fever before the cure.......

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Screw these cops, what are they standing up for?

Unless they have solid proof the election was rigged what ground do they have to stand on?

link   
a reply to: schuyler

Law enforcement are illegally preventing her from physically getting into City Hall where she must go to carry out her elected office. How is that not a coup?

link   

Kinloch is a cesspool. No one in their right mind goes in there,haven't in years. St.Louis County police have jurisdiction over all of St.Louis co. Thats why she was sworn in there. She'll have County cops come in and take out the others to get in. Those were no County police I can tell you. As you see in the pic those are county in the background. The officers wear a tan shirt with brown pants,Superiors wear a white shirt with brown pants.

Sounds to me like the good ole boys were getting a pay off and with her coming in,the benefits will dry up and they don't want that. Oh well,they never did their jobs and need to go.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Will be nice to see destruction happening in America for a change on TV, instead of other countries.

Action shows need variation to keep ratings high.

Perhaps the Warsaw pact can liberate your freedoms.

edit on 27-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Well thankfully, and unfortunately for you, there is no destruction to witness here. Just a complicated small town matter without tear gas, armored vehicles and armored thugs beating people. You can switch to Baltimore if you want to see that.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae
wonder if the "Pine Lawn gang" still hang around over there? I think they've changed the name now, but I always knew them as the PLG.

Lol. St. Louis County cops. The really corrupt cops policing the "less" corrupt cops. That's funny. Sort of.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Sensationalism again, but then what else can we expect from a bunch of kids foaming at the mouth for a "revolution" they would regret cheering for the moment their cable goes down?

While some of you are desperate to see your country unravel into a Mad Max movie, the rest of the country moves on with things. In this case, a tiny town wrecked by corruption is having a minor skirmish, seemingly because those being replaced are now sh**ing a brick knowing that their dirty deeds are about to be exposed.

Nothing will come of this. Either the corrupt will be allowed to stay, or they'll be forced to hand over control to the newly elected, either way it will not mean anything to billions of people and probably won't see the light of day as a news story.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Considering the OP here, I would have expected a HELL of a lot more sources & sleuthing as an example to the community.

This is not a coup, this is a handful of corrupt bumpkins acting like petulant children. But way to make it seem like something bigger than it is, SMDH.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
More than twenty armed police officers in the St. Louis County city of Kinloch are preventing the newly-elected mayor from entering her office. The police officers were accompanied by political opponents who wrongfully told Mayor Betty McCray had been impeached. Mayor McCray won the April 7th election, and the election results were certified by the St. Louis County Board of Elections. The city attorney, a political opponent, told Mayor McCray she was impeached, but county law requires that the impeachment hearings cannot take place until 30 days after articles were served.

Police Coup Prevents Newly-Elected St. Louis Area Mayor From Taking Office

Local Fox 2 reports that “after election results were certified earlier this week by the St. Louis County Board of Elections, Kinloch’s outgoing administration refused to allow the city clerk to give McCray the oath of office, claiming voter fraud.”
But in spite of these claims, there has been no evidence whatsoever to back it up. Kinloch was elected. The St. Louis County Board of Elections certified the results. But the police are enforcing an illegal “coup” of sorts.

This is a developing story -- more as it becomes available.
I made an iReport on CNN. It's not the best and CNN can take hours or never to verify it, but the commun ity is large enough so that it can still get views. This is just astounding to me. iReport on Betty McCray
edit on 27-4-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Doesn't a coup need to have someone else taking over after kicking someone else out?

I don't see that happening here, just someone not being allowed to take office.

So, by definition, is this a coup? I need to look into the meaning....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Doesn't a coup need to have someone else taking over after kicking someone else out?

I don't see that happening here, just someone not being allowed to take office.

So, by definition, is this a coup? I need to look into the meaning....
Attempted coup? Good question.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Those Crazy Missourians... Lol

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It may not be a big deal to your community, the country, or even the world at large, but it is a BIG deal in that small community who followed a democratic process and force was used to dismiss the results. When you park armed men in front of a Municipal place of business and refuse to allow the new democratically elected leader entry to do their job, that is a coup. And it is rather a big deal.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Perhaps this will shake the crib of the sleeping sheeple, and the MSM will provide blanket coverage exposing the corruption that is rotting out our country.
Oh wait, the NWO controls the media and will lull the sheeple back to sleep with more episodes of Dancing with the Stars and the Kardasheons (puke). And in the end, it will be Bush's fault.
SnF

If blaming Bush bugs you, then wait until the next president is elected....it will start ALLLL over again....(puke)....Sorry I was puking with the idea that another effing terrible Bush will be in office! My lord people just vote and don't care about what they (or their families) have done in the past....The Bush family just runs rampant with corruption and lies...I guess what family of power doesn't? Nevermind, just more of the same I guess...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

The police didn't want her as Mayor anyway. Some resigned over her election.

This also just happened in Parma, Missouri:

Black Mayor Is Voted In and a Small Town’s Staff Empties Out

Not sure if the problem is race though, but more likely simple corruption. Apparently the new mayor is Republican and the several-term incumbent she defeated is Democrat.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Am I reading this right from your link?

On April 7, McCray defeated Mayor Darren Small with 63 votes to his 18.

Hey folks, your vote does count in local elections.

From the other stuff I read that is one seriously corrupt area. Evicting people because they support other candidates using programs to buy properties then purchasing them back for pennies on the dollar t turn around and sell for profit.

They could make a TV show out that place. Instead of "Crime and Punishment" they can call it "Crime in Government".

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For the record, I actually liked Bush, except for the Patriot act and Iraq war. The only thing of Obama I agree with was his belligerent attitude to Israeli exceptional ism.

In any case, I will be following this story over the next few weeks to see what comes of it. This could set a precedent in small town America, you know the places where the Jade Helm exorcises will be mostly conducted??

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They could make a TV show out that place. Instead of "Crime and Punishment" they can call it "Crime in Government".

Like I said. Been like that for decades. Whether or not any Mayor in the past 40 years has actually been properly elected in Kinloch is up for debate. It isn't the most corrupt township in St. Louis County, but it's definitely in the running.

edit on 4/27/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I recall a similar situation happened around 3 years ago in Quartzsite AZ where the newly elected mayor was barred from office due to animosities between himself and the police chief who was able to rally support from the city council.

Real professionals will put aside petty personal differences to get a job done.

Principal before personality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join