It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw my first ghost, old lady in Laos guesthouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I just got back from a two-week trip to Thailand and Laos for the big New Year's festival. I traveled with my husband and a few friends. In Laos, during the first week of the trip, we stayed at a guesthouse that's owned by some extended relatives of my husband. It's right next door (connected, sort of like a townhome) to his brother-in-law's family home.

The third night of our visit, I ended up staying up late to reply to some emails. My husband was asleep already when I went to sleep around 1:30 am, and by 2 am I was awake again needing to go to the restroom. Rather than immediately getting up to go as I normally would, I sat up on one elbow and looked into the nearest corner of the room. Once my eyes focused, I saw an old lady's face. As if she were sitting in a chair with her head turned slightly towards me. She was just looking. Unapprovingly. Straight hair with some gray, pulled back into a tight bun.

Starteled, I yelled out and shoved my husband. He didn't budge. Super weird, because he's a very light sleeper. Sometimes my turning over in bed or coughing will wake him. But a full-on yelp and a shove and he didn't move. I looked back into the corner and the old lady was gone. I grabbed my iPhone and turned the flashlight on to inspect. Nothing.

My heart was racing. I got up to pee, layed back down, and...as if nothing had happened...I fell back asleep. Didn't even give what had happened a second thought until breakfast the next morning when I told the group the story.

Now, a little background info. My husband has seen things like this before. Felt things. He's resistant to exploring his abilities further. After what I saw, I don't blame him. His mom is super clairvoyant. She's a remote viewer, sees the dead, picks up on things that happened in places. She and her family are Buddhists and apparently all this is pretty normal to them.

The next day, I asked my husband to call her and ask about what I'd seen. Her response was only "It's ok. You only have a couple days left there. Have fun!"

I told one of my husband's nieces the story, and she talked with the owners of the guesthouse for me (language barrier). They told her other people have reported seen the same thing. Another relative said the lady I saw was probably a parent or grandparent and that she was just checking me out because I'm not Laotian. Like "who is this foreigner in my house?" She suggested that whenever I stay overnight somewhere like this, I should announce myself. Thank any spirits that may be there for allowing me to stay in their home. Show I'm no threat and they'll leave me alone.

I immediately went back into our room, sat in the floor, and began talking to the old lady. After the first sentence, I got goosebumps on both arms and legs. When I was finished, they went away and I didn't give the experience another thought until we checked out of the guesthouse and headed to Thailand for the final week of our trip.

So...a couple things:

The fact that my husband didn't wake up implied to me that the old lady didn't want him to. Like she put him on pause to check me out. After I was startled, she vanished and after a couple minutes I fell back asleep easily. I got the impression that she didn't mean to startle me and so she left and put me back to sleep.

We just got back last night so I haven't had a chance to quiz my husband's mom further just yet. But I will.

Any thoughts about this whole thing? I've always been slightly skeptical about ghosts and whatnot having never experienced anything myself. Things are different for me now.

PS: The family house right next door to the guesthouse: My niece-in-law and three of her cousins stayed there last summer when my brother-in-law's mom passed. They and their families made a special trip to Laos for the funeral. Two of the girls reported weirdness: one of them heard footsteps in the night, and another saw the grandmother that'd just passed. They didn't talk about their experiences until weeks later. The niece that talked to the guesthouse owners said she didn't think I had seen her grandmother since she had wavy hair and the lady I saw had straight hair pulled back.
edit on 26-4-2015 by fusion47 because: spelling error

edit on 26-4-2015 by fusion47 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fusion47

Sounds like a cool experience.

Spirits are always kind of creepy when they drop in and eyeball you though..lol
My only thought is that it is cool that you had a clear image of her.

Even if you never figure out who it was,
it is nice to get a personal verifier for yourself that we do go on.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My mom saw her deceased step-father a few years ago. It was at a birthday party for her mother. She was putting food on a table and there were several of us sitting and standing around her. She looked up and saw him standing there looking right at her, he was just as solid as everyone else in the room. A split second later, and he wasn't there. She recalls what he was wearing and how he had his arms behind his back. None of the rest of us saw him. I was apparently the closest one to him - he was standing at the end of the couch I was sitting on.

Guess he just wanted to be part of the party too.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting! Now that you feel safe, you can look back and think, wow what a cool experience!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: fusion47

My question now is was she as real as you and me solid not solid, Did you notice what she was wearing? Did you notice the vibe in the air? Did it feel thick, like you couldn't really breathe?

new topics

top topics

join