It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, it's almost a year since I saw a "UFO" ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And you may ask, why have I not only returned to ATS, but waited so long to share what was an albeit limited, experience? Well, the answer is simple; I've been trying to figure out what it was I saw.

I'm not going to embellish the story with unnecessary details, so this is the bare bones:

It was last summer, and, as far as I can remember, July. I was in my back garden. Bright warm sunshine and a clear blue sky. Little to no breeze. Seagulls were flying overhead. In the playing field at the bottom of my road there was an inter-school football championships occurring. Loads of people, music etc. I was cleaning a glass top garden table. The seagulls were visible in it. Then I saw something else reflected.
Two lights very brights.
Small.
Moving north to south.
I looked up. The lights were travelling parallel and dead straight and fast, in formation and probably only just above the height of my two storey house . There was something between them. Something vaguely circular, almost invisible, hazy. Then it seemed to stop, which made me jump, but it had actually changed direction to upwards and south-west without slowing. Then it vanished.
And that's it.

I've been watching the skies ever since, and have yet to see anything even remotely similar. My first instinct at the time was that it was a seagull with the sun reflecting on its white underside (I live near the sea and there are a lot of them around), but so far have seen nothing even close. They soar, wheel, dip. This thing flew arrow straight.
The only other explanation that I can begin to accept is that it was a large soap bubble, the sort produced by children's entertainers (remember there was a school competition on at the time), but they all seem to be as unpredictable and random in their flight as the aforementioned birds.

So, what was it?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Beamish

Very interesting. Unfortunately I can't tell you the "what" but the haziness effect you describe seems to be a common trait. Thank you for sharing, and hopefully anyone else who has seen the shimmery effect can chime in with their observations.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So, what was it?

I don't know and can't really suggest anything but at least you've considered some of the available options before donning a tin foil hat.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Interesting OP. Did anyone else in your house or neighborhood see anything?

originally posted by: gortex

So, what was it?

I don't know and can't really suggest anything but at least you've considered some of the available options before donning a tin foil hat.

I don't know why the "tin foil hat" phrase is always thrown around when it comes to UFO's. Oh wait, I do, it is social conditioning.

Why is that phrase not used for any other questionable phenomenon, such as possible paranormal encounters? Do people mention tin foil hats when it comes to ghosts and the like?

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I don't know why the "tin foil hat" phrase is always thrown around when it comes to UFO's. Oh wait, I do, it is social conditioning.

Because the tin foil hat stops the Aliens brain probe rays.

edit on 26-4-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Its been about a year since my last sighting also,, its so cool when you see something you can not explain,
Keep watching the skies! i have seen some crazy monkeys up there, ,, not all ufos, i think i have seen helium flashes from stars or something... they are cool,,,,

space is the place!

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The more people pay attention to the sky, the more frequent and normal sightings will be and the more able the public will be to determine the difference between 'weather balloons, lanterns and swamp gas' and real UFO's, and hence furthering the credibility of real sightings, which is a good thing.
edit on 26-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Because the tin foil hat stops the Aliens brain probe rays.

Unfortunately that's exactly what we've been conditioned to think.

Aliens are excessively technologically advanced. You need to wear a tree bark hat, their weakness is Nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
The more people pay attention to the sky, the more frequent and normal sightings will be and the more able the public will be to determine the difference between 'weather balloons, lanterns and swamp gas' and real UFO's, and hence furthering the credibility of real sightings, which is a god thing.

You should probably watch this...

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

Thanks. I have experienced my own sightings and encounters which were more real and intense than on the video.

The point being made in my previous comment is demonstrated by your video, as a lot of the supposed UFO on youtube and reported by MSM are identifiable or hoaxed which does nothing for the credibility of real sightings.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't know what the thing was in the sky but I think it may have had an effect on your cat.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

It was not meant to be antagonistic. I thought you would enjoy the video. I fully understood your original point.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sometime during the holidays last year for me, saw 3 lanterns making a triangular formation, and a fourth just off an about, while all four were moving steadily.

Also saw a white Ufo like a month later, while it could of been a plane since it was close to the airport, I doubt it would have headlights on all sides of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So, what was it?

If we had exact dates, times and location then perhaps we might be able to narrow it down.

All we can say at the moment is that it remains an unidentified flying object with the details you've given us.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who replied. Much appreciated.

I suppose that my question as to "what was it" was almost rhetorical; that it is - so far - unexplained, makes it what it actually is; a UFO.

I'd love to be able to say what was with some degree of certainty, but obviously cannot however, if I were to venture an opinion (based on absolutely nothing at all) my only foray into that unsafe territory would be this: if it was intelligently controlled, then I imagine it was observing the field at the bottom of my road, where hundreds of people were gathered.

I guess "they" use spy drones, too.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Can you not recall the time, date or location?

Or is it simply you wish to protect your privacy (which I completely understand if that is the case).

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Can't recall the date at all. Funny, considering what happened on that date - as in the subject of this thread. Googled it to death and nothing.

I guess reading about anomalous (perhaps) events, and then seeing one, makes what happened just not that unusual enough to warrant embellishing such things on the memory.

As to where, South County Dublin, Ireland. near Killiney and that's as close as you're getting!

new topics

top topics

join