It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.5 Mag earthquake Nepal - Upgraded to 7.9 USGS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Reports so far of 18 bodies recovered at Everest Base Camp.

Many victims in Kathmandu, with the Dharahara Tower no more......

Zee News

The source is Zee news, an Indian site.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a live news feed
NDTV News

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is somebody paying attention to the map? Last big earthquakes and volcano eruptions were around the "Ring of Fire". Considering Nepal the farthest location, but put it together in the map with :

M6.1 - Haida Gwaii- West Coast of Canada.
Calbuco Volcano -Southern Chile.
New Zealand (5.9 mag, yesterday).

All that in just 3 days.

Calling all ATSers, should we start monitoring the Nazca Plate and California area right now?

www.worldatlas.com...
edit on 25-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Looks like all the areas hit are making a sort of circular link.... when they've all been connected, all areas on the link will sink into the Pacific!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would say for the North American west coast to be ready, yes.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nepal is nearly opposite to Chile on the globe is it not? I feel like the volcano eruption could have caused this..

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
live streaming of cnn and other channels of your choice..

www.stream2watch.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jessme2
I would say for the North American west coast to be ready, yes.

Not trying to scare people and I'm not an expert, but take a look to the 2 spots (I made red circles with a "!"). Those 2 areas are too quiet and energy wasn't released for a long time. It's building up ?....I hope no but the map is clear.

earthquakes.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Calling all ATSers, should we start monitoring the Nazca Plate and California area right now?

It's better to be safe than sorry; any major quake that occurs near the ring of fire reverberates around the globe- however the Indian subcontinent is the reason why we have the Himalayas to start with so there is a good chance that that quake will be localized-but try telling that to those poor folk in Nepal.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Is somebody paying attention to the map? Last big earthquakes and volcano eruptions were around the "Ring of Fire". Considering Nepal the farthest location, but put it together in the map with :

M6.1 - Haida Gwaii- West Coast of Canada.
Calbuco Volcano -Southern Chile.
New Zealand (5.9 mag, yesterday).

All that in just 3 days.

www.worldatlas.com...

This gave me chills. This morning I had a dream of there being a large EQ here (California) and I wake up and read the news to see a 7.9 has hit Nepal -- first thing that came to my mind was all the seismic/volcanic activity as of late could be a prelude to "the big one" getting ready to strike in California.
Best prepare myself.

Cheers,
~Sovereign

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Upgraded to 7.9 USGS

Globe with Earthquake Location
M7.5 - NEPAL

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude 7.5
Date-Time
25 Apr 2015 06:11:25 UTC
25 Apr 2015 11:56:26 near epicenter
24 Apr 2015 22:11:25 standard time in your timezone
Location 28.165N 84.725E
Depth 11 km
Distances
35 km (22 mi) E of Lamjung, Nepal
60 km (37 mi) NNE of Bharatpur, Nepal
75 km (47 mi) E of Pokhara, Nepal
76 km (47 mi) NW of Kirtipur, Nepal
77 km (48 mi) NW of Kathmandu, Nepal
Location Uncertainty Horizontal: 8.5 km; Vertical 4.0 km
Parameters Nph = 117; Dmin = 1251.7 km; Rmss = 1.08 seconds; Gp = 35°
Version =
Event ID us 20002926
For updates, maps, and technical information, see: Event Page or USGS Earthquake Hazards Program

So sad to hear. Nepal is an amazing country.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If I lived in Southern CA, I would seriously be looking to move like yesterday. Looking at the images here, it's clearly black and white (I know I know, it's in color) but hey it's coming and I believe it's coming within weeks. The question is, how strong and how much damage. People are taking a gamble by staying. That Nepal quake was devastating. Buildings collapsed, almost a thousand dead so far, it looks like an A-Bomb went off. I guess some people like to live on the edge.....literally.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianoasis
Nepal is nearly opposite to Chile on the globe is it not? I feel like the volcano eruption could have caused this..

Yes I think I think it's a close antipode.

Death toll is approaching 1500 now.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That map is really scary. I don't like how quiet California has been and the fact there have been so many sea lions stranded along the coast has me worried. Over 1,600 pups have washed ashore and Sea World had to suspend its sea lion show to focus on rescuing them. There were 5X more pups this year than previous years.

Some suspect it's because of warm water, others suspect the fish their mommas use to feed them have gone to deeper waters so it takes longer to hunt.

Maybe there's a connection with an upcoming California earthquake? Pure speculation on my part but it's a little chilling.
edit on 25-4-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm on the west coast of BC.
I'm not in a position to just move or even leave. I wouldn't say we're trying to live on the edge. It's just where you end up living.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Over 1,600 pups have washed ashore and Sea World had to suspend its sea lion show to focus on rescuing them. There were 5X more pups this year than previous years.

That's something I'd be paying attention : Animal behaviour in the hot areas. Everything counts when we talk about prevention.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SovereignEve

In all seriousness, how do you prepare for "The BIG One"? Do you leave the territory or plan to stay and somehow live through it? I'd like to know your plans as I'm sure there are others with the same.

Would you be so kind as to fill us in. Thanks

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm on the west coast of BC.
I'm not in a position to just move or even leave. I wouldn't say we're trying to live on the edge. It's just where you end up living.

You know, a friend of mine just had a close call with death.....and wouldn't go to the hospital even though I was begging him to do so. He survived but isn't fine yet. His reason? He doesn't can't afford insurance nor the hospital bill.

My question: At what point does your life matter more than money or living circumstances? That's why it's a gamble I guess. Because when it hits, you're a victim of the event and not much you can do while your house comes crashing down around you. At least consider sleeping in a tent.....seriously. I read about it but can't find it now how people afraid of earthquakes slept in tents away from their homes and trees.

Back on topic, I read about this earthquake

On November 1, 1935, another strong earthquake occurred near Timiskaming, Canada and was felt over an area of the United States estimated at one million square miles.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

That's one heck of an EQ and I imagine CA's will be even bigger and cause Tsunamis.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

In all seriousness, how do you prepare for "The BIG One"? Do you leave the territory or plan to stay and somehow live through it? I'd like to know your plans as I'm sure there are others with the same.

Being in a SF I fear I am in the worst possible spot to be. Therefore, I'm going to be moving further south of the bay to another metro city to stay with family and just commute to SF from there.
By planning I mean buy and store a lot of non perishable foods and water in safe places because going to the store would be out of the question after "the big one" -- I am stuck in this area until I'm done with schooling so I don't have the luxury or funds to pick up and leave. Fortunately, the area I'm moving to is very close in proximity to large mountains so if we need to evacuate to higher ground for any reason we have that option available.

Cheers,
~Sovereign

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SovereignEve

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Being in a SF I fear I am in the worst possible spot to be. Therefore, I'm going to be moving further south of the bay to another metro city to stay with family and just commute to SF from there.

By planning I mean buy and store a lot of non perishable foods and water in safe places because going to the store would be out of the question after "the big one" -- I am stuck in this area until I'm done with schooling so I don't have the luxury or funds to pick up and leave. Fortunately, the area I'm moving to is very close in proximity to large mountains so if we need to evacuate to higher ground for any reason we have that option available.

Cheers,

~Sovereign

I'd buy some antibiotics, too. Just in case.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join