It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican goes on offensive to defend Franciscan missionary. Father Junipero Serra, California Mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

San Mateo back when the bridge was still a draw bridge.

Nice dude, yeah. Serra High School, where my brother went, is in San Mateo.

I grew up a few miles south, in San Carlos.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: misskat1

yeah, this sort of crap is what drove me away from the church.

Then I started to read, lol

Even if I was illiterate I would have left. Its so foreign to me now...something that was so dear. Its weird.

Screw organized religion and its "heroes".

The real "Heroes" did what they did not because of the church. Some were outright killed and served injustice by it so as to preserve a narrative and a mechanism for control.

Saint....more like sadistic meat bag.

All one has to do in a modern regard to be disillusioned by the Catholic Church and social justice is to see its repression of the "liberation theology" Catholics in Latin America who not only advocated for the rights of indigenous peoples and needed land reform in Latin America but also protested both the iron fisted dictators extant AND the support of these dictators and basically war crimes by the CIA and US leadership. Many of these "Catholic" dictators ordered these priests and lay people executed by death squads. Those death squads, in places such as Guatemala and El Salvador, were supported by the US.

books.google.com... -_lS2WS4OxOXYpuias&hl=en&sa=X&ei=So07VbzjLOa0sATpoYGQCA&ved=0CDMQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=el%20salvador%20death%20squads%20liberation%20theology&f=false

new topics

<< 1   >>

join