It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS enterprise looking starship coming this way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
2nd picture.

The saucer and deflector dish is pretty obvious!

www.gemini.edu...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
2nd picture.

www.gemini.edu...

Erm, it's a dust ring. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Sensationalist headline

From the link,

Figure 2. Gemini Planet Imager’s first light image of the light scattered by a disk of dust orbiting the young star HR4796A. This narrow ring is thought to be dust from asteroids or comets left behind by planet formation; some scientists have theorized that the sharp edge of the ring is defined by an unseen planet. The left image (1.9-2.1 microns) shows normal light, including both the dust ring and the residual light from the central star scattered by turbulence in the Earth’s atmosphere. The right image shows only polarized light. Leftover starlight is unpolarized and hence removed from this image. The light from the back edge of the disk is strongly polarized as it scatters towards us.

You know well what this is you read the link.

No 'spaceship' here...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, it's a dust ring. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Oh darn... For a while there, I thought they have picked my temporal distress beacon and have come to my rescue.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
2nd picture.

www.gemini.edu...

Ultrasound fail.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Nice try. needs more cowbell.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I like the dust ring shot that looks exactly like the TNG ship's "Beauty Pass"

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Well, thanks for the the data, but I have to express some concern over the manner in which you presented it.

Simply put, this image of a dust cloud ring in the depths of space is amazing in and of itself, and we really ought to be able to interface with that amazement in an honest fashion. There was no reason to believe that the image to which you refer in your OP was anything other than what the article states it is, none what so ever. And yet, here we are, with a thread whose title has nothing to do with its actual contents.

I would be pleased as punch, and very excited indeed, to hear of any legitimate recorded instance of a deep space craft from another civilisation passing through the cosmos. That would, of course, be such a vastly important occurrence that it would rock the foundations of many a cultural and political landscape. However, it is of the utmost importance to the validity of these forums, that the membership pay close attention to not only the data they provide, but also to the manner in which they present it. To clarify, threads like this further entrench the opinion amongst some people, that persons who discuss these topics at length are deluded, or simply intellectually vacant, and this stereotype must be countered at every possible opportunity.

That counter action begins with honest appraisal and presentation of information, and in that vein, this thread fails. Once again, I appreciate your posting the data from the source, as I might not have heard about it otherwise, but the suggestion of there being a spaceship involved rather saps the validity of the post, and the thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wrong forum, should have been jokes and p...........

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sorry about that TrueBrit, just can't resist myself.

THis find is a jewel you can't believe how many links to links I have clicked to trace the source of the picture, seriously, the initial page results (in google) I received from the code of the planet is less than ten!

originally posted by: hotel1
I like the dust ring shot that looks exactly like the TNG ship's "Beauty Pass"

Yeah, it looks like the ship "on screen" at maximum detection range. The first pic looks like it had four warp nacelles going in hot at maximum warp.

I always wanted it to be real, Ironically, I do have the know-how at least for a non-Newtonian propulsion and a working but crude and highly inefficient concept for an electrostatic force field.

Makes real life looks like a parody of what if greedy and selfish people ruled the planet.
edit on 24-4-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join