It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...the final solution to the homeless problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is great news!

Columbia South Carolina has solved the homeless "problem" with "quality of life" police.

According to this report, the Columbia City Council unanimously approved the plan, creating special police patrols, that would enforce “quality of life” laws, involving loitering, public urination, and other crimes not necessarily restricted to the homeless population.

Makes me proud to be an American.

According to the Activist Post, the Columbia South Carolina plan is already complete with an urgent Emergency Homeless Response report. And that report includes information about hauling the homeless away in transport vans to an already stationed shelter with workers, phone number for townspeople to report “the person in need,” an officer stationed to control foot traffic, public feeding moved there, more foot patrol officers for the city to keep out the homeless. Oh, and the homeless can’t walk off the premises!

If they want to leave, they must get permission, set up an appointment and be shuttled by a transport van. A patrolman will guard the road leading in to make sure homeless don’t wander off downtown.

Ex-prisoners will be shuttled there unless someone picks them up from the county jail. No foot traffic allowed, only shuttle van arrival. The plan is a city plan and not a federal government plan.

Read more at
humansarefree.com...

A city council plan in Columbia, South Carolina broke open when it was learned that the city manager and police chief seemed appalled and said they didn't go along with the actions, wanting to do things "the legal, proper way."

What was the plan and what makes it a human rights violation that has the manager and chief concerned?

www.activistpost.com...

edit on 22-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Something like that was talked about here in Portland Maine a few years back.

Huge homeless 'problem' because we give them free room and board- they come up on the buses from Boston.

Sadly, it's a systemic problem- there isn't really any "solution" under the existing central banking umbrella government.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Of the 2-3 million persons who experience homelessness annually, ten percent have been identified as chronically homeless due to their protracted spells of homelessness and the duration of their homelessness history. On any given night, this group will represent almost half of those who are homeless.

Alaska GOP lawmaker Don Young has final solution for homelessness: Wolves

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

So what is this? They are prisoners of the town? Its illegal to be homeless now eh? So your place of employment closes up and then they lock you up next. Nice. Amerika strikes again. Just open up those FEMA camps and start herding them in folks.

Sounds like the 'undesirables' are being gotten rid of again,I see.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Dimithae because: added

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There are plenty of people with solutions- but as a homeowner who just got a surprise bill from the IRS (instead of the refund I was expecting), I'm currently sitting in a position where my net worth is less than the value of a check I wrote two weeks ago.
That means I'm basically staring down the idea concept of losing my home and everything I own (including vehicles, which would lead to a rapid loss of employment)- effectively joining the ranks of the homeless.

I've been in a good paying career for a decade- had I been born 20 years earlier I'd be middle class by now.
Instead, I'm borderline homeless. What's up with that?
I know I'll pull through- if push comes to shove there are people I can lean on, even. But this is a mess- we feed them! Some of them are perfectly happy bumming around town begging for cash, bumming loosies, getting their food and shelter at night. I assume most of them are not- and they're stuck.
There are plenty of available jobs- none of them pay well enough to afford housing, and garbage jobs tend to work you on strange schedules- they can hire more people on split shifts, and never have to pay anyone overtime.

It's a mess, for sure- but the solution isn't to round them up and stick them in the for profit prisons- which is exactly what this will end up doing.
But those middle class crooks (the ones working for the banksters) won't have to worry about the less fortunate squatting on their nice green reservoir watered lawns, eh?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Wow

We have come so far as a people haven't we.

How messed up are some of these people?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well that sounds just like a magic trick,a slide of hand and voila..out of sight out of mind......

This is such a broken system,these band aid fixes only have a short shelf life.....no doubt these people will end up in slave labor.....

Interesting how they call this a civilization because there is nothing civil about it
edit on 22-4-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sounds like these A-holes should take a lesson from Utah.

T he surprisingly simple way Utah solved chronic homelessness and saved millions

Being homeless shouldn't make you into a criminal.

You can measure a civilization by how they treat their weakest members.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Very- just look at the psychopaths in charge of everything from banks to governments to major corporations.
Not all of these madmen are in positions of real power- most of them just work for the local citizen harassment squad

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Well, I don't have the energy to investigate every issue but I did watch the imbedded video in your post. In that video, it references Executive order 10990 as giving authority to basically commandeer all modes of transportation and control of all highways and seaports. This is bunk!

John F Kennedy
Executive Order 10990 - Reestablishing the Federal Safety Council
February 2, 1962
Office of the Federal Register
Office of the Federal Register
Font Size:
smallmediumlargemaximum
Print
Report Typo
More Sharing ServicesShare

Share on facebook
Share on myspace
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on favorites
The American Presidency Project

Promote Your Page Too
WHEREAS section 33 (c) of the Federal Employees' Compensation Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. 784), declared it to be the purpose of the Congress to reduce the number of accidents and injuries among Government officers and employees, encourage safe practices, eliminate work hazards and health risks, and reduce compensable injuries; and

WHEREAS section 35 of that Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. 785), further disclosed the interest of the Congress in the promotion of safety in Federal agencies and establishments; and

WHEREAS the Federal Employees' Compensation Act, as amended and as modified by Reorganization Plan No. 19 of 1950 (hereinafter referred to as the Act), directs the heads of Government departments and agencies to develop, support, and foster organized safety promotion, and to keep such records of injuries and accidents to persons covered by the Act, and to make such statistical and other reports upon such forms as the Secretary of Labor may prescribe; and

WHEREAS the preponderance of accidents involving employees in the Federal service occur in field operations, the heads of executive departments and agencies, and through them, their supervisory staffs, including regional and field staffs, must exert leadership in the establishment of a sound accident prevention program at both the national and regional level; and

WHEREAS representatives of Federal employees should share a similar concern for the establishment of such programs; and

WHEREAS the President is authorized by the Act to establish by Executive order a safety council composed of representatives of Government departments and agencies to serve as an advisory body to the Secretary of Labor in furtherance of the safety program carried out by the Secretary pursuant to section 33 of the Act and to undertake such other measures as he deems proper to prevent injuries and accidents to persons covered by the Act:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by section 33(c) of the Act and as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

SECTION 1. Establishment of Council. There is hereby established in the Department of Labor the Federal Safety Council, hereinafter referred to as the Council. The Council shall be composed of a Chairman, to be designated by the Secretary of Labor, and one qualified representative of each of the several executive departments and agencies and of the municipal government of the District of Columbia (hereinafter referred to as members). The heads of the departments and agencies and the Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia shall designate the members representing them, respectively, and may also designate suitable alternate members. The Secretary of Labor may, as he deems appropriate, appoint representatives of national or international unions, having Federal employees as members, to serve as consultants to the various committees established by the Council. The Chairman, members, alternate members, and consultants shall serve, as such, without compensation from the United States.

SEC. 2. Purpose and functions of Council. The Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Secretary of Labor in matters relating to the safety of civilian employees of the Federal government and the municipal government of the District of Columbia and the furtherance of the safety program carried out by the Secretary pursuant to section 33 of the Act. It shall advise the Secretary of Labor with respect to the development and maintenance of adequate and effective safety organizations and programs in the several departments and agencies of the Federal government and the municipal government of the District of Columbia and with respect to criteria, standards, and procedures designed to eliminate work hazards and health risks and to prevent injuries and accidents in Federal employment.

SEC. 3. Council affiliates, committees, and officers. The Council shall include as an integral part of its organizational structure and operations such affiliates, hereafter established by the Council or now existing, in such manner and to such extent as it deems necessary properly and efficiently to perform its functions. The Council shall establish such committees, and may choose such officers (other than its chairman), as it finds necessary for carrying out its functions.

SEC. 4. Regulations. The Secretary of Labor shall prescribe appropriate regulations governing the activities and functions of the Council.

SEC. 5. Administrative and budgetary arrangements. The Secretary of Labor shall make available necessary office space and furnish the Council necessary equipment, supplies, and staff services.

SEC. 6. Continuity. The Federal Safety Council established by this order shall be deemed to constitute a continuation of the Federal Safety Council heretofore existing under the provisions of Executive Order No. 10194 of December 19, 1950.

SEC. 7. Revocation. Executive Order No. 10194 of December 19, 1950, is hereby superseded.

JOHN F. KENNEDY

THE WHITE HOUSE,
February 2, 1962
Citation: John F. Kennedy: "Executive Order 10990 - Reestablishing the Federal Safety Council," February 2, 1962. Online by Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley, The American Presidency Project. www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

I don't have the energy to examine every executive order listed in the video but if the rest are no more valid as the first, I'll have to pass on this post.

PROPAGANDA .

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This isn't quite current news:

Thursday, August 29, 2013

The plan was spearheaded by Councilman Cameron Runyan who doesn't understand the criticism:

We don’t think there is any (constitutional) violation.

This is not about hurting people. It’s about helping them. But we’re not going to allow them to live on our streets anymore.

[...]

There are people who are going to resist it. It’s unfortunate that we’re going to have to give them some tough love.

It seems that many cities eventually come up with some bright new plan to deal with homelessness. I don't think this particular plan even made it to implementation. In other cities, plans actually go into effect and then get scrapped after they are found to not be workable.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It is all part of the great deception on how well this country is doing for those not in the top 1% as we move further into the elites Satanic Globalist Utopia.

If it were not for Food Stamps, Welfare, and rulings such as this, they could not hide their deception from the masses of people in this country.

homeless-man-watches-shelter-destroyed
www.huffingtonpost.com...

These are fairly recent 2014 - 2015

us-cities-criminalize-homless
www.huffingtonpost.com...

tent-city-sprouts-in-shadow-of-downtown
www.aol.com...

Homeless encampments known as "tent cities" are popping up across the country.

Watch a tent city get bulldozed

Related: Camden shuts down its tent cities
money.cnn.com...

On a bright note, Seattle, instead of bull dozing them, are talking of opening tent city encampments

Seattle mayor defends plan to open tent cities to curb rising homelessness
america.aljazeera.com...

edit on 22-4-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
a reply to: lordcomac

Of the 2-3 million persons who experience homelessness annually, ten percent have been identified as chronically homeless due to their protracted spells of homelessness and the duration of their homelessness history. On any given night, this group will represent almost half of those who are homeless.

Alaska GOP lawmaker Don Young has final solution for homelessness: Wolves

Only in America, Land of the "Free"
Sounds worse than Hitler's Germany

At least they got a shower before being gassed quickly.
In America, if you are homeless and not contributing to the motherland via Taxes and Wall Street Gains, you deserve to be torn to shreds by a wild beast.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
At least they haven't taken the Soylent Green solution: Setting up euthanization centers and processing them into food. I'm not saying that I support their plan. I don't. But, it could be worse.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
At least they haven't taken the Soylent Green solution: Setting up euthanization centers and processing them into food. I'm not saying that I support their plan. I don't. But, it could be worse.

With it looking more and more like 1984, your thought does not seem that far off.
Who says you cant squeeze profits from the homeless dead.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Of course their excuse would be something along the lines of: Look how much resources we saved (produced) now that they aren't being diverted to useless breathers.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So basically they've taken the same approach to dealing with the homeless people as they do stray animals? WTF. What's next? Spay and neuter programs? I hope it's a no kill shelter.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Wow, so basically treating homeless people like stray dogs and criminals? It's about time we started tackling the causes of homelessness, or at the very least, as other posters have said, give them a leg up by providing accommodation as they have done successfully in Utah.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Every day I hear something that makes me question whether we are living in the advanced 21st century. It causes me to roll my eyes so hard each day I actually see my brain. The "most intelligent species" really needs to get with the program already...

It's always the tact of fixing an effect (rashly, usually) rather than preventing the cause. This fix is very unsettling, given we've been down that unfortunate road a few times. Haven't learned the lesson yet apparently.

I'd like to know how bad the homeless problem was in the boom time of the 50's and 60's when the middle and lower classes had a chance to get somewhere. I would guess that it wasn't much of a problem since people were gainfully employed and the family unit was still solid. Generations took care of their families - now it's every person for themselves in an era of employment scarcity and stagnation. I can't understand how people forget so easily a time when blue collar jobs were the lifeblood of our economy and now corporations produce goods in communist countries and blithely sell the products back to an oblivious public. The current service based economy is not sustainable - we need to produce tangible things to flourish. There will never be a society without poor but we are living in a time when almost all of us are one job loss or medical crisis away from being homeless.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
So basically they've taken the same approach to dealing with the homeless people as they do stray animals? WTF. What's next? Spay and neuter programs? I hope it's a no kill shelter.

A "no kill" shelter for humans is called a prison, and those are now for-profit all throughout the country, so I suspect this is the next logical step.

Of course, you can't just throw thousands of people in prison for being homeless (yet)- they would catch public attention.
First, you need to drive them to evil criminal activities such as stealing food.
Tear down their homes, keep them hungry, outlaw feeding them, keep them from getting comfortable... sooner or later they'll unwittingly break a law worthy of sending the citizen harassment squad over to pick them up and cart them off to the nearest "no kill shelter"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join