It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Poll: What Is Your Political Affiliation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Libertarian.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: tothetenthpower

A Tea Party Libertarian is that.

That is the American version of Libertarian... the Tea Party kind. See my sig.

No matter how many times you falsely accuse us of that it still doesn't make it true. That is a liberal elitist attitude. No matter what anyone says, you scream them down because f@?# any opinion that doesn't line up with yours. Try all you want, but you're not going to force us into your box of lies no matter what Noam Chomsky says.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am unafilliated.
It TOTALLY makes polls and predictions HIGHLY difficult until I actually vote and keeps the right people in fear.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Either there are people out and out lying here or what they post on the board isn't what they believe.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Either there are people out and out lying here or what they post on the board isn't what they believe.

I was thinking the same thing, intrepid.

I voted, but it wasn't "none" or "libertarian" - I fully expected those two "choices" to reign.

I voted for "mostly liberal", which was toward the bottom of the list.

YET: I just went back to the "poll" OP to see the options, and SEVERAL OF THEM have been removed.
wow

I didn't do a 'screen capture' of my vote, or the list from which I chose an opinion, but NOW, the list is significantly different than it was when I cast my vote.

EDIT: In fact, it was Number One when I just checked it again, to screen capture and prove my point......

Now, well -

Whatever.
I give up.

edit on 4/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Man, lots of libertarians. Are they the crazy paranoid Conspirianity nuts running around shouting about how politics is a sham and both parties are controlled by some mysterious shadow government?

👣

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'd really be interested in seeing how the people that pick "None of these describe me" actually describe themselves.

In my case I describe myself as independent/constitutionalist. The left vs right paradigm is a farce! It's there to give us the illusion of choice. Every one of those political dogmas listed fall into a red or blue bracket just different shades. It's 50 shades of red and blue.

You can vote 3rd party till the cows come home but at the end of the day your elected official and the person in the oval office will be either blue or red. Until we do away with corporate lobbying and donations our politicians will bow to corporate interests not ours. Of course there are about a few hundred other things I see that need fixing as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I must admit I'm rather surprised the results are not "mostly conservative" as this site is loaded with right-wingers/anti-liberals.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Acatalepsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
every time i check these polls, i never see the actual poll, why is it invisible to me? am i looking in the wrong place?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Suggestion for a new poll option

Political Athiest - as defined by the urban dictionary (athiest not the religious meaning)

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To those who think this ;"Having a 'choice' of two political parties is the silliest thing I've ever heard. Especially when one is right wing, and the other is right wing masquerading as a left wing party. Wolves in sheep's clothing. "

I say i think you have it backwards. IT is that one party is spouting the Communist paradigm, following the manifesto (D) and the other (R) pretending to be the opposite with some presenting the opposition telling us vote for them while their party find ways to pass laws that further the cause of the manifesto. Premier Kruscheiv said the commies would take the USA without a shot. President Lincoln observed that the only way the US of A could fall would be from within. I see connectable dots.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
To those who think this ;"Having a 'choice' of two political parties is the silliest thing I've ever heard. Especially when one is right wing, and the other is right wing masquerading as a left wing party. Wolves in sheep's clothing. "

I say i think you have it backwards. IT is that one party is spouting the Communist paradigm, following the manifesto (D) and the other (R) pretending to be the opposite with some presenting the opposition telling us vote for them while their party find ways to pass laws that further the cause of the manifesto. Premier Kruscheiv said the commies would take the USA without a shot. President Lincoln observed that the only way the US of A could fall would be from within. I see connectable dots.

Indeed! The Bolshevik's plan was far better than the US plan and though it took a while it is working like a charm. You are correct as are so many these days who are waking up to realize that we do not have a choice between two parties, but NO choice whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The problem you are seeing is that on ATS,
both the conservative label and the liberal label and the progressive label
are demonized regularly
and excoriated regularly.
Don't even start on the Tea Party label, they are practically
called baby eaters on ATS.

No one wants to choose a label on ATS that
turns them into metaphorical monsters
to 1/2 the ATSers

Back on page 4 I listed my affiliation.
So I didn't vote because my political leanings are a mix
of libertarian and conservative, depending on the issue,
even Tea Party when it comes to some issues
like over regulation and intrusive government into
personal and private lives.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acatalepsia
I must admit I'm rather surprised the results are not "mostly conservative" as this site is loaded with right-wingers/anti-liberals.

The opposite is quite true too.

One just notices the people who disagree with you more than the ones who agree.

I think it is actually more like 1/2 and 1/2 overall, liberal/conservative.

Trouble is definitions
liberals are really two camps
neo-liberal
and
classical liberal
(see my post page 4)

But so are conservatives a mix.
For example I am conservative on
governmental issues
and
libertarian on social issues
and
a little bit of
anarchist
on some social issues
(i.e. all drugs should be legal and
over the counter including prescription)

Back to your comment. It is the comments that disagree with you
that get your adrenaline going, which impresses the comments
more deeply on your brain, which in turn causes you to
remember them more than comments you agree with that
do not activate anything in you so that you remember them.
It's physiology.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: tothetenthpower

A Tea Party Libertarian is that.

That is the American version of Libertarian... the Tea Party kind. See my sig.

No matter how many times you falsely accuse us of that it still doesn't make it true. That is a liberal elitist attitude. No matter what anyone says, you scream them down because f@?# any opinion that doesn't line up with yours. Try all you want, but you're not going to force us into your box of lies no matter what Noam Chomsky says.

You are referring to a neo-liberal,
Today's neo-liberal is not a classical liberal at all.
The neo-liberal is really totalitarian but won't admit it.

The neo-liberal believes strongly in thought and speech control,
with social ostracizing (or social media hounding)
or actual punishment for violators
of what the neo-liberal considers incorrect thought or speech.
For example: Global warming far left leadership
calling for the jailing or killing of non-believers;
death threats for hypothetical answers to questions
regarding LGBT with the "wrong" answers;
quick to call racism and for punishment for racism,
before all the facts are in.
A strong desire to regulate what the citizenry eats,
does, thinks etc to force them to agree with
what the neo-liberal thinks is best for the
collective social order.
(see my post page 4 for what a classical liberal
is, modern liberals are not real liberals any longer)

edit on 8Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:53:59 -0500am42404amk245 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I've noticed that as time goes by the less and less I subsribe to either left or right wing.

I find it exceedingly limiting, when you take one political view you get "when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail"-situation where you approach every problem by how you could fix them by applying your principles.

As terrible as it sounds I believe there are times when, for example, strict totalitarian undemocratic regimes are needed(not always though). It all depends on the circumstances and issues. Sometimes democracy, freedom and equality work well. Sometimes less. Key is to have a clear undistorted view of the current state of events.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: quantumist
I've noticed that as time goes by the less and less I subsribe to either left or right wing.

I find it exceedingly limiting, when you take one political view you get "when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail"-situation where you approach every problem by how you could fix them by applying your principles.

As terrible as it sounds I believe there are times when, for example, strict totalitarian undemocratic regimes are needed(not always though). It all depends on the circumstances and issues. Sometimes democracy, freedom and equality work well. Sometimes less. Key is to have a clear undistorted view of the current state of events.

Have you read 1984?
Not seen the movie, not think you know what it says but really read it?
I suggest you do before saying you think totalitarianism has its benefits.

Because once totalitarianism is established, it only grows and
can not be gotten rid of, except through bloody
revolution followed by lawless anarchy for a long time.

I also suggest you read The Giver
the movie did not do the book justice and left out some of the most critical totalitarian points.

This is a newberry award winning "children's" book.

The Giver is a quick and easy read, which tells of a utopian totalitarian society, like the one I think you are referring to in your post.

In The Giver all people are equal and equality and being nice
to each other are some of the highest values, along with
everyone being content within the society.

In The Giver, everyone shares equally in the wealth and lives a very nice middle class lifestyle.

edit on 8Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:18:30 -0500am42404amk245 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
^everyone has read 1984, don't worry

see recent history of singapore for the benefits of "controlled totaliarianism"

leewatch.info...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: quantumist
^everyone has read 1984, don't worry

see recent history of singapore for the benefits of "controlled totaliarianism"

leewatch.info...

I like my gum. Think I'd fail as a Singapore citizen.

Don't they also have cameras that are watched literally everywhere and all the time?
Ick, ok for a visit, but ........ too creepy an overall society for me.

Have you read "The Giver"?
It is really an easy and fast read, I highly recommend it,
it is really more along the lines of how Singapore is
evolving. The people are all middle class and live well
overall, they are content, they are all equal, they are
all nice to each other all the time.

edit on 8Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:38:15 -0500am42404amk245 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

Funny how it's you screaming (and that other dude that was so offended by my words) and not me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join