It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Open Carry: Heading Back For Vote ... (another panic?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The bill to allow holders of Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL) to openly carry handguns is heading back to the House floor for a vote on Friday.

The bill came to the floor for a vote earlier this week but was sent back to committee due to a technical glitch.

Chairman Larry Phillips (R-Sherman) opened the hearing for testimony on both the Open Carry (HB 910) and the Campus Carry (HB 937) bills.

During the hearing the [progres-o-puter?] computer system reported that anyone testifying for or against either bill as testifying for or against both bills, according to a House staff member close to one of the bills.
Open Carry Bill Heading Back to
Texas House Floor for Vote

-
OPINION:

The 'Progressives' in Texas will most-likely do a ... Double-'Panic'.

( and/or ... will I get another 'ugent phone call'? )

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is a fun lawmaking process. It's not so much about Open Carry as it is about naming names in the electorate.

We all know none of them lawmakers _want_ it ... but their constituents certainly like their freedoms. As I see it, that's what it really boils down to ... who is voting to curb freedom. I don't care what guise it's under.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Personally, I have absolutely no desire to advertise the fact that I even have a firearm in my posession. Concealed is more than sufficient for me. Much less likely of having some thug take it and use it on either me or some other person. Yep, I prefer concealed carry.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I believe that any CHL-Individual would have the choice to ...

'Conceal'-or-'Not Conceal'.

-
OBSERVATION-n-OPINION:

Not everyone wears a Suit-n-Tie ... (nor a coat in the summer).

( i.e. what are the disadvantages for ... 'conceal-carry' only? )

edit on 16-4-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Well, I'm just another common laborer and don't even own a suit and tie. I don't wear a coat in the summertime either but none of this says anything about whether I carry or not. I know law enforcement that conceal carry off duty and none of them wear a suit and tie or a coat in the summer. There are some disadvantages to CHL in that it dictates that you dress appropriately and it also makes it a little harder to get to but I have no desire to flaunt it in the public's face. I still say open carry probably opens you up to potential confrontation and that, I can live without.

Edit: The one thing open carry would do that benefits CHL is that preventing imprint would not be such a problem.
edit on 16-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Another Edit: If I did CHL, I wouldn't try carrying a Ruger 44 mag. with a 12 inch barrel either.
edit on 16-4-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Edit: The one thing open carry would do that benefits CHL is that preventing imprint would not be such a problem.

Yep. Anything to keep the 'harassment' down is advantageous. I always saw 'printing' as a rule designed to elicit just that ... and push people a little further away from easily exercising their Constitutional rights. Sounds like an infringement to me.

Thing that's funny, I've never been called out for printing unless I was at a range. It's amazing how many douche bags hang out in such places. Nobody else seems to notice, or maybe, they just don't give a fat baby's ass!!

top topics

join