It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The religion of peace strikes again!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
First off I'd like to state that there should be a form for Religious Madness just like US political madness.

Apparently there were 105 immigrants trying to make the crossing from Africa to Italy. 15 Muslim passengers threatened to throw Christians overboard. I do not want to hear claims about radical Islam this time, unless you also make the claim that Islam is the religion of cowards? There were other Muslims on board that should've prevented this, at this point I'm not sure if they were just cowards or silently condoned what was happening. In a separate incident another 41 Christians are Feared dead.

I have routinely focused any anger over these events at radical Islam. But situations like the following have begun to cast doubt on my own opinion about the true motivation of Muslims?

Palermo police said they had detained 15 people suspected in the high seas assault, which they learned of while interviewing tearful survivors from Nigeria and Ghana who had arrived in Palermo Wednesday morning after being rescued at sea by the ship Ellensborg. The 15 were accused of multiple homicide aggravated by religious hatred, police said in a statement.

Religion of peace?

edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree not once in the last couple of weeks have i heard anything good about the muslim faith...a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I do not want to hear claims about radical Islam this time, unless you also make the claim that Islam is the religion of cowards.

Why discuss this then? You seem set in what you believe. Want a pat on the back from the few that will agree with you? Most see that there is a difference. Sorry you can't.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I posted it to try to enlighten people to what is actually happening. But apparently you seem set in your beliefs and want to post a comment so somebody will pat you on the back.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ouch that was a bit rough but true..

**Thread Closed**

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

What he fails to see is that there were plenty of other Muslims on that boat that could've prevented this yet they failed to act.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I posted it to try to enlighten people to what is actually happening.

No you didn't. You posted it with the caveat that only Muslim bashing is allowed. Then proceeded to slam over a billion people with this.

But apparently you seem set in your beliefs and want to post a comment so somebody will pat you on the back.

Whoa. Did your imagination break coming up with that retort?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They were in fear lets be realistic if it was radical Christians throwing muslims over board they wouldnt have helped or intervened either ... reply to: Greathouse

out of fear they did not get involved just like 9/11

edit on 16-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Honestly I wouldn't care who it was I'm a human being I would've intervened.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No you didn't. You posted it with the caveat that only Muslim bashing is allowed. Then proceeded to slam over a billion people with this.

But apparently you seem set in your beliefs and want to post a comment so somebody will pat you on the back.

No you must've stopped reading at the part that angered you in the OP. I have never blamed all of Islam for the radicals actions. But after this event I'm beginning to wonder if their actions are not silently condoned.

Read the whole OP you'd make a much better moderator then.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That is what you say now alot of people in crazy situations either freeze or choke up only a small limited amount of people react!!!a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

No you must've stopped reading at the park that angered you in the OP. I have never blamed all of Islam for the radicals actions. But after this event I'm beginning to wonder if their actions are not silently condoned.

Fear dude. They've been dealing with these extremists for WAY longer than we have. Secondly I don't buy that WE would act any differently. In fact I think people of the West would be more apt to tape it than they would be to interject themselves into the situation.

Read the whole OP you'd make a much better moderator them.

Seriously man. If your going to insult someone at least spell properly. Ignorance is bad. Ignorance and poor syntax is just embarrassing.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The reason there were Christians on these boats is they are being ethnically cleansed from the Middle East. I watched a TV program last night called Killing Christians on UK TV, oh my life Christians have had it everywhere in the ME bar Lebanon

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Is this a thread or a slagging match?

Op, I don't think you read that article carefully...

"Believed to be christians"...

But more importantly, no where does it say there was other Muslims on board.

Overall, maybe you could tell me which Quran verse I missed that said I could throw people off a crowded boat...

That may come in handy one day...

/sarc

Or is it /sarc, I leave you to wonder about all us Muslim cowards.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey show a little respect all he was doing was asking you a question no need for the disrespect sir.a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

As for my spelling you're grasping at straws I'm using voice dictation Einstein.

Exactly how many canned replies do you have?

Launched an attack on me without reading the entire OP or you would've known what I meant.............

routinely focused any anger over these events at radical Islam. But situations like the following have begun to cast doubt on my own opinion about the true moti

As you stated it's "fear man". So apparently I was right when I use the word cowards.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

First paragraph Charlie did you skip it?

Italy's migration crisis took on a deadly new twist Thursday as police in Sicily reported that Muslim migrants had thrown 12 Christians overboard during a recent crossing from Libya, and an aid group said another 41 were feared drowned in a separate incident.

As for Muslims being on board it's only deductive reasoning. Unless you think 15 people can assault 90 people and get away with it? (Sarc)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

As for my spelling you're grasping at straws I'm using voice dictation Einstein.

Exactly how many canned replies do you have?

Launched an attack on me without reading the entire OP or you would've known what I meant.............

routinely focused any anger over these events at radical Islam. But situations like the following have begun to cast doubt on my own opinion about the true moti

I knew exactly what you meant. Reading comprehension is not a problem of mine.

As you stated it's "fear man". So apparently I was right when I use the word cowards.

OK. What are you doing about this Spartacus? Aside from posting an extreme, and extremely false, thread on the internet?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I feel for the many people who are chancing their luck by trying to get into Europe. I also feel that they should be returned from whence they came at the earliest decent opportunity and not allowed to settle. It has come to the point when Europe needs to draw the line and (politically incorrect, I know) admit that some cultures cannot - and do not - allow integration.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No you must've stopped reading at the part that angered you in the OP.

And… you must have relied on only one source for your bias confirmation.

All it takes is a moderate search of Google News for "Muslims Throw Christians Overboard" to obtain multiple accounts of the story, some of which indicate the Christian refugees started the brawl. Now, that's certainly no reason to throw people overboard, but apparently it's a good enough reason for click-bait headlines all over the place.

Also, additional similar news searches will reveal that brawls, murders, and even… wait for it… tossing people overboard, is a common occurrence on these insanely dangerous and almost always violent refugee journeys. It's just that, in this case, the media had the golden opportunity to blame muslims and sensationalize a tragic event.

There's no such thing as a "religion of peace" as all religions contain either violent histories, or violent sects. That phrase has been adopted by the insane-right pundits in obvious sensationalization efforts. Let's not forget that Extremist Christians are responsible for that recent ISIS Hit List.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join