It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8 summit, Evian : Cops disguised in Thugs enters in a Genova Sqatt and attacck pacifist militants !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
[Quote] This is a translation of an article in the french newspaper Lib�ration

Deguized in "breakers", the face masked or covered of a keffieh, armed with a telescopic bludgeon, a dozen legal police inspectors geneva intervened in the night of Sunday to Monday in "the Factory", high place of the counter-culture genevoise, hostile at the top of G 8 in Evian. Urs Rechsteiner, director of the Criminal Investigation Department, gives her version of the facts:

"We knew that breakers had taken refuge in the Factory and we want to carry out interpellations. The door was closed. My men intervened and in confusion, the blows left, including against people who were not violent one."

Pulica Calzini is a journalist in the alternative center of press Indym�dia. Its version is very different: "I was with the coffee opposite the Factory and suddenly, I see the people equipped in" Blacks Blocs "(1) with an orange arm-band. I take my video and I approach the scene, close to the door of the Factory which is opened at this time. I discover, with their arm-band, that this threatening group which approaches the building consists of police officers. Very quickly, they leave their bludgeons and start to strike us. I did not even have time to open the mouth which I was wounded with the head. Any dialogue was impossible.
" Brought to the hospital, it had to be made pose, along cranium, several points of joining. Other people were slightly wounded. According to Paul Rechsteiner, "the intervention was completely justified. But in terms of communication for general public, it is true that it is not very skilful to utilize police officers thus equipped, even if it is perfectly legal ".

Still under the blow of a "aggression that nothing justified, whereas I made only my job", Pulica Calzini is on the point of carrying felt sorry for. Yesterday evening, Geneva prepared with living a second night of clashes between demonstrators and police officers. For the first time for twenty years, those have used rubber balls.

(1)Black bloc : Groups organized in abstract networks which in particular were in the heart of the confrontations in Genoa.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Yep, you knew they were going to make sure nobody "unapproved" could get into Evian.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Yep, you knew they were going to make sure nobody "unapproved" could get into Evian.

No, Genova is a big town, bigger than Evian, and it's not really near because it's on the other side of the Leman Lake. They take advantage of the "events" of this week-end to break some squatts in swiss. there are many youth sk8er and artists squatt in swiss.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm actually very serious about this, because of French prison reputations and such.

Why is it the French can't seem to beat up anyone but themselves?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderer
I'm actually very serious about this, because of French prison reputations and such.

Actually, french prisons have the rep to be "full of hole" !

There is at least one escape per week !

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Again, no offense, but Nans, do you guys have ANYTHING left worth something?

I mean, you haven't had a sweeping military victory since gosh, the hundred years wars?

Well...you guys did manage to win fame with the Babylonian Captivity of the Popes but...come on

Now even your prisons are full of holes....

Maybe you're still the center of the art world or something...but yeesh, the way things are going?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderer
Again, no offense, but Nans, do you guys have ANYTHING left worth something?
I mean, you haven't had a sweeping military victory since gosh, the hundred years wars?
Well...you guys did manage to win fame with the Babylonian Captivity of the Popes but...come on

Now even your prisons are full of holes....
Maybe you're still the center of the art world or something...but yeesh, the way things are going?

Anyway, Genova is in swiss, not in France, and the events related there happened in Swiss...

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Woops, my bad...got me there

But the swiss, you know it's sad, at least the French fight wars, the Swiss haven't fought a war since the crossbow left their hands and be came a popular weapon in the 1400s.

join