It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help...I need an indestructible tablet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have been hiven the task to buy a tablet for a guy with autism but he loves to throw things about and need it as indestructible as possible.
Money is more or less no object.
Any suggestions would be a great help for me and my dude.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I have been hiven the task to buy a tablet for a guy with autism but he loves to throw things about and need it as indestructible as possible.
Money is more or less no object.
Any suggestions would be a great help for me and my dude.

No such thing. Buy a good case.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Have you tried stone?.... Sorry

I don't know about the tablet but they make all kinds of tough cases. That might be a better place to focus.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Oh I will get a case also...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hi ya , I only have experience with iPad, it does not get thrown around but at my daughters school the iPad s have a big rubber protector thingy around them much like on a builders cell phone. Probably can get that type of thing for any tablet. Or ask Moses didn't he look after some tablets from God, not sure of the exact story. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You will struggle with an indestructible tablet, but you can get some decent cases

Military Grade Ipad Case

These will allow for tablets to get dropped, thrown and keep the tablet secure,

(Had to look into this last year for my work!)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
trimble ? i havnt suggested a model - as not sure what you want - but they are the industry standard for rugged computing

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Have you looked into Iballz?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If money is no object (more or less) then why not buy a dozen cheap*** Asus tablets.
They're quite sollid. My cats both love playing with mine and it has a few scratches (on the back end of it) but not on the glass. I can tell you: my cats do not play gently.
but anyway: I would still suggest an otterbox case for it.
This will set you back about a 1000 bucks or so.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Oh android compatible if poss due to the apps I have found for my dude.
Money isn't a question I did a presentation on the way tech can help my dudes and I have veen given the green light.
Any tips are great.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I threw my kids ps3 because they wouldn't clean their room. It still work very well. Idk if that means their tablets are that good through.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You should check out the kindle fire hd for kids. It's made to be thrown around a bit and also comes with a two year "worry free" guarantee from Amazon.

It has a quad core processor and runs android. My wife has the adult version and loves it compared to her IPad mini.
consumer report:kindle fire hd kids
edit on 15-4-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My son has an autistic step child and got him an ipad with a rubbery childproof case, and he got a lot of android based apps for autistic kids too. No problems with sturdiness, except the kid lost it once.

top topics

join