It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aaron Hernandez GUILTY of FIRST Degree Murder, Guilty On All Charges!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Breaking news on CNN...Hernandez was found guilty on all charges, including first degree murder. Jury deliberated 35.5 HOURS!

Justice was served. Makes me sad because he used to be one of my favorite NFL players. Go Pats!

Link to CNN article. Sorry my post is so short, but I have a flight to catch!

Link
edit on 15-4-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Funny how the nba has the "thug" image. The nfl has done more to earn that title.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Found guilty and sentenced to prison for life with no chance of parole. Also , 2 other murder charges waiting on him in Boston. What does it take to make an NFL star commit such ? I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What does it take to make an NFL star commit such ? I have no idea.

Money. Clearly all his monies went to his head...only answer i can quickly reply with...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

It's the Daryl Strawberry syndrome. We all have an internal image of ourselves and work continually to reinforce and retain that image. When things threaten that self-image (good or bad) we will do what's necessary to maintain it. When some people are suddenly thrust into 'another life' where they suddenly have fame, success, money, etc. and where their original, core image is one of poverty, deprivation, crime, etc., they will often exhibit behaviors that sabotage their new life in order to reclaim their original self-image. It's subconscious, of course, but it happens. Like Daryl Strawberry and so many others.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Can you say APPEAL???

No murder weapon and life in prison without parole?

Look, I am not fan of this dirtbag a-hole....But how isn't the defense able to get the sentence much lower with no murder weapon and no immediate witnesses to the crime? Granted this doucher probably killed his "friend", but I just don't understand this trial...AT ALL!! I am all for justice, but it seems kind of crazy to have this verdict handed out with no gun!

Oh well, hopefully he stays in prison if this is true and he did kill him....But what if he actually didn't? I don't know, something here just doesn't sound right to me....

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

There's an automatic appeal in Mass. when it's a life sentence. Apparently the jury thought there was enough evidence, even without the murder weapon, to convict him. They don't even have to prove he pulled the trigger either. His lawyer admitted he was with him that night. No murder weapon, but there sure is a ton of other circumstantial evidence. The video of him with a gun, text messages, etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

I understand there was evidence there...But is circumstantial evidence enough to send someone to prison for life without parole when nobody can place him at the scene, nobody can eye witness him pulling the trigger, nobody found the gun, not to mention there were others with him....How much evidence could someone have without being able to prove the most important facts here to put someone away for life without parole?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm not sure, I wasn't on the jury. Aside from that, before they came out with the verdict the defense lawyer said that Hernandez was there during the murder. Just to emphasize that, it was his OWN lawyer who said he WAS THERE when Lloyd was murdered. Apparently at least some of the jury was shocked to hear that. He said it in his closing arguments.

You really have to wonder if that's a big part of the guilty decision and why the heck his lawyer would admit that. There was plenty of circumstantial evidence to say Hernandez was there, but not 100% proof...but his lawyer took away any doubt. HIS lawyer, what the heck?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah something smells fishy here....I can't understand why his lawyer would do this and how a jury came to the conclusion they did...Even if he WAS there, why does that mean he is guilty of killing him? There were others there with Hernandez at the time! Also, how does killing 1 person (regardless of the other 30+ charges, the main one is murder) get you life in prison without parole? This whole thing stinks to high heaven for me for some reason!
edit on 4/15/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe we're finally moving beyond the OJ Simpson years. You know those years in which, if you were rich enough, you could buy a non-guilty verdict.

Glad justice was served here.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"

(appropriate Dave Chappelle reference)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is America, where you are guilty until proven innocent by a jury of your social media peers. Unless you're black, then you're guilty on all accounts, always.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So he's taken one life and threw his in the garbage in one act.What was he possibly thinking?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
What was he possibly thinking?

"I am rich and untouchable."

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You really have to wonder if that's a big part of the guilty decision and why the heck his lawyer would admit that.

Maybe the lawyer decided to do the morally correct thing versus the morally lawful thing to do?

Heck maybe the Lawyer wanted a book deal and a guilty verdict would bring in more value?

Interested to hear how he interacted with his lawyers and what he stated behind closed doors.

Definitely interesting as to why that comment was made.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Unless you're black, then you're guilty on all accounts, always

Not sure what MSM news you been watching , but the majority of news I see on the MSM the White Cop is automatically a racist murderer.

edit on 11430America/ChicagoWed, 15 Apr 2015 15:11:12 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It seems odd to me that someone could get sentenced to life without parole on solely circumstantial evidence. Even Charles Manson goes up for parole.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
Also, how does killing 1 person (regardless of the other 30+ charges, the main one is murder) get you life in prison without parole?

Right? Should just gas him and be done with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
To me a murder in the first degree conviction should be life in prison without parole. I mean, you intentionally plan to and carry out a killing, you should be done with the rest of us for life. Lloyd's parents and sister will never see him again, why the heck should Hernandez ever be free again? Unless of course he didn't do it, but that's another issue entirely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join