It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armored vehicle makes traffic stop after driver flips the bird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
a reply to: infolurker

What an annoying little punk who is full of crap. Claims prior service, doubt it. Then what did he say, some city councilman, looking like that? Just a rich little brat being a douche.

ID

While perhaps true, it is beside the point.

What we're looking at here is Threshold. Everyone's is different.

I personally defined the ex-Navy, wannabe city councilman, a douche. He provoked a response. He got what he was asking for. He's lucky he didn't push the situation (cowardly IMVHO) and get the living Hell beat out of him.

I seriously doubt the cops in the video made the personal call to patrol in that armored vehicle. They were most likely driving the vehicle to which they were assigned (the mayor's fault when you get right down to it). I'd also commend the cops for not escalating the situation and taking advantage of their ability to do so as LEOs.

This is the kind of crap that gets people shot for absolutely no reason (except the manufactured kind).

Hopefully this guy won't have kids.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
a reply to: infolurker

What an annoying little punk who is full of crap. Claims prior service, doubt it. Then what did he say, some city councilman, looking like that? Just a rich little brat being a douche.

ID

While perhaps true, it is beside the point.

What we're looking at here is Threshold. Everyone's is different.

I personally defined the ex-Navy, wannabe city councilman, a douche. He provoked a response. He got what he was asking for. He's lucky he didn't push the situation (cowardly IMVHO) and get the living Hell beat out of him.

I seriously doubt the cops in the video made the personal call to patrol in that armored vehicle. They were most likely driving the vehicle to which they were assigned (the mayor's fault when you get right down to it). I'd also commend the cops for not escalating the situation and taking advantage of their ability to do so as LEOs.

This is the kind of crap that gets people shot for absolutely no reason (except the manufactured kind).

Hopefully this guy won't have kids.

Like I said, I can be objective. He provoked a response that was easy to anticipate but, wouldn't we all be more impressed if they didn't take the bait? Who should be held to the higher standard?

To me the more important fact of this case is that there is no actual justification for rolling down the boulevard in an MRAP. It should certainly not be used as a squad car.

I must admit that the public sector union component of this severely colors my interpretation of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

To me the more important fact of this case is that there is no actual justification for rolling down the boulevard in an MRAP. It should certainly not be used as a squad car.

I agree.

Before, I said it was on the mayor ... but I guess I should have laid this at the sheriff's feet. Elected officials deserve a helluva lot more focus than the guys carrying out their instructions. That one deserves 'the bird' from everyone in the county.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Crazy how militarised the US cops are getting,but as for being stopped because he gave the finger,I would expect that anywhere really.
That behaviour would make the cops think you hated them maybe because you were up to no good,so they would want to stop you.
Its not rocket science-if this guy had not insulted the cops,he wouldn't have been stopped imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join