It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armored vehicle makes traffic stop after driver flips the bird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah,

A SWAT team makes a traffic stop, Can anyone say "AUTHORITY COMPLEX". I think this crap is getting way out of hand. Video at the news link.

www.ocala.com...

The incident – including the conduct of the deputies – was placed under investigation, according to ASO spokesman Art Forgey. “We just saw the video this morning and we are investigating the incident,” Forgey said in an email. Later he added, “It will look at everything from the stop, conduct and did (the deputies) violate any directives.”

edit on 14-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ranked list of deadliest jobs in the US

LEO's rank#15 behind, farmers, construction workers and taxi drivers. They kill the most though.
edit on 14-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Yeah,

A SWAT team makes a traffic stop, Can anyone say "AUTHORITY COMPLEX". I think this crap is getting way out of hand. Video at the news link.

www.ocala.com...

The incident – including the conduct of the deputies – was placed under investigation, according to ASO spokesman Art Forgey. “We just saw the video this morning and we are investigating the incident,” Forgey said in an email. Later he added, “It will look at everything from the stop, conduct and did (the deputies) violate any directives.”

Is this your video? the one in the link won't work for me....the guy is stopped for a couple of reasons...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In the city I live in there are two big dark blue vans, they have a big ladder on the back and a platform on the top.

These are. On patrol and on call SWAT they just drive around looking and waiting for trouble. I've seen them stop cars on the side of the road, bust into underage parties, etc.
If it's police, then it's police, hell I've even seen the marine unit with their boat in tow pull someone over.

Edit: After watching the video I find it funny how about 2 minutes in the dude is trying to think of every excuse in the book to get out of it haha.
edit on 14-4-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
looks like both the cops and the guy were being a@@holes.
you can tell the guys listens to to much fringe info, and hates cops.
and the swat team just wanted to mess with him.

people need to grow up.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The improper hand signal BS excuse to intimidate. If a cop is that thin skinned they shouldn't be cops. Their job may be tough, but that is no reason to go around intimidating people, abusing their power for nothing more than their ego.

If they want to play soldier then they need to join the military, but I can tell you for a fact they wouldn't get away with the crap they are pulling on American citizens in any theater of operations.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What an annoying little punk who is full of crap. Claims prior service, doubt it. Then what did he say, some city councilman, looking like that? Just a rich little brat being a douche.

ID

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

I agree he was an annoying brat, but cops acting that way didn't make them any better.

Instead of ignoring it being the better man they flexed their muscles and gave people more of a reason to flip them off or at least want to, but I guess they would rather bask in the illusion of respect rather than actually have peoples respect.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looks like he did run for city council and was in the US Navy. Just saying to squash those kinds of thoughtless comments.

Linky

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Holy crap....are the police always like this? with all the heavy duty stuff?.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I so far only watched 2 1/2 min. of the vid.....I see the douche ASO guy is wearing a wedding ring ---- I can only hope his wife.... mother, sister, aunt, daughter or any family member get treated the same way by some other douche ASO.

They may think they are immune from the abuse they dish out to others but, when TPTB are done using them, they will be treated no different than any other slave.

That will be one H of a rude awakening for them all...and they will deserve it for treating American citizens the way they do.

They like to make up laws as they go along and don't bother to know the law they enforce.....their day will come.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Holy crap....are the police always like this? with all the heavy duty stuff?.

Nice to see that they have these APC's and all but maybe they should buy the officers a notebook or a tablet to take notes instead of their hands.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
America needs to hold a MIDDLE FINGER APPRECIATION DAY.

Think they will get the message?

edit on 14-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seems legit...an apc and a few cops on tax payer money patrolling the neighborhood looking for smart asses who need some reprimanding ...

edit on 14-4-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They say they were pulled over for "improper hand signal" because he flipped them off. It sure sounds like a proper hand signal.LOL

That and they suspected the woman of giving the driver head while he was driving. He said she was sleeping, which is much more likely.

Flipping off a cop isn't illegal. Improper hand signal is a lame BS excuse to pull them over. Cops are just Ego maniacs who think they are allowed to do anything to anybody with impunity.
edit on 14-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So, remember, these guys are unionized against us.

I am curious if there is anyone here who will defend that.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

What an annoying little punk who is full of crap. Claims prior service, doubt it. Then what did he say, some city councilman, looking like that? Just a rich little brat being a douche.

ID

While perhaps true, it is beside the point.
edit on 14-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
For someone who supposedly was just flipping the bird to these cops he sure seems pretty respectful after he was pulled over. To be quite honest, if I was in that situation where I had been pulled over after doing nothing illegal, I would probably have been much more of a jerk.

Specially while filming, I definitely would have called those cops some choice names. Not because I'm a jerk, but because I can (it's completely legal as long as I don't make any threats) and they deserved it and I think it would help to prove a point. Pulling someone over for giving them the finger is nonsense.

Sure, he would be considered a jerk, but he could be standing there calling those guys every name in the book and it's perfectly legal. Pretty sure there's some document that covers that, although maybe these cops wipe their butt with it and don't actually read it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I had a US Marshal tell me once that local PD guys love to dress up and play army.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Training with the toys that the Feds gave them to militarize the local law enforcement...if it saves police officer's lives ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join