It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this Unidentified Object in NASAs GoPro Cam Footage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
A tiny little flash of light is all it takes for Stephen Hawking's sister to claim UFO?

I often wonder if the syntho-voice is supposed to lend some sense of verisimilitude.

"Ooh, robo babe! That means it MUST BE TRUE!!!1! It's all sciency and stuff!"

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jinzetsu
Please share some insight on this.
I don't really see an object nor does it seem to be "flying".

It's most likely a lens flare caused by sunlight hitting the lens at a particular angle. It probably blinks on then back off because of the related motion of shadows cast by the astronaut. You can see more typical lens flare in the beginning at the top, where it looks like an "orb" but if something is partially blocking a light source you can get a lens flare sliver like the later flare pointed out.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Has the look of noise.

Are GoPro image sensors subject to cosmic ray strikes? Am I correct that they use CMOS instead of CCD?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jinzetsu

originally posted by: Answer
A tiny little flash of light is all it takes for Stephen Hawking's sister to claim UFO?

Come on, that's one hell of a stretch.

Something in space, appears to be traveling, don't know what it is = Unidentified Flying Object? Hell no, get out of here, you high.

That's the problem, it doesn't appear to be traveling.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
Has the look of noise.

Are GoPro image sensors subject to cosmic ray strikes? Am I correct that they use CMOS instead of CCD?
That was my thinking as well. Radiation can cause flashes or specks on an image. At that altitude, it wouldn't be uncommon. Astronauts in orbit often report seeing flashes of light even with their eyes closed, that's cosmic rays striking their retina. The same thing could conceivably happen to cameras in orbit.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jinzetsu
I dont think we have that technology yet here on earth. I believe its alien technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join