It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cargo plane with two pilots on board missing after departing YVR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

"Carson Air Flight 66 was supposed to land in Prince George at 8 a.m. but Vancouver Airport Authority says it lost contact with NavCanada’s Kamloops Flight Information Centre at about 7:10 a.m. Carson Air is based in Kelowna."

Cargo plane with two pilots on board missing after departing YVR

In light of the many air incidents that have occurred recently, there appears to be yet another missing plane...
This time it hits home for me.

allegedly no contact was made before it disappeared from the radar.

The JRCC has dispatched two cormorant helicopters and C-130 and Aurora aircrafts to help with the search. North Shore Rescue has also been called in to help.

Let's hope there is a happy ending to this disappearance.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Looks like it was a Swernigen SA 226. The type was introduced in 1972. This makes 19 losses since 1980.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Damn, I hate to read about these things. It's been missing for over 12 hours now. I sure hope they find the plane soon and that by some miracle the pilots are safe. Dense forests on the flight path. Let's hope the trees broke their fall, although it won't be easy to find. Is there no transponder on cargo planes?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

There is, but smaller aircraft are slower to get the newer transponders. If they're in a radar gap no one will see it happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I hate this stuff as well. Zaphod is right this airplane is a squirrel. It has a few bad habits but as long as it well maintained it is generally safe. It has electric steering which is difficult to become accustom. I had a battery runaway and melt it's way out the bottom of the right wing while I was having lunch. In some situations it is hard to slow down on approach. All in all, I was glad to get out of this bird and never bid for captain in it.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

The Army flew the stretched version in Hawaii. They called it an Anaheim sewer pipe because it was so long and skinny. Hardly ever saw it because apparently it spent a lot of time decorating a hangar.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

well, looks like an update:

The extensive air and ground search underway on Vancouver's North Shore for Carson Air Flight 66 has located debris and the strong smell of aviation fuel believed to be from the aircraft.
Sourcetastic

It's been gloomy skies and lots of rain here for the last 3 days, hopefully those pilots survived and are found soon.
edit on 13-4-2015 by kathael because: source added

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kathael

Yeah I heard there was bad weather in the area.

I'll put $10 down that the aircraft just went through major maintenance though.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I think it's called a C-26. The AFNG had one at Rickenbachers AFB many years ago.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yeah, C--26 Greyhound. No thank you. As skinny as I was at the time, I had to turn sideways to fit down the aisle.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's been confirmed that wreckage found yesterday in the North Shore Mountains came from the aircraft. It included part of a wing.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

And both pilots were recovered, deceased unfortunately.

What caught my interest was when they stated that the plane fell from the sky in an uncontrolled dive, consistent with uncontrolled flight. No call, no emergency declaration... too bad no flight voice recorders on cargo planes.

The remains of the pilots, aged 33 and 35, have been removed from the wreckage of the twin-engine SA-226 Metro II and their families have been notified.

Yearwood said all indications are the two pilots suddenly lost control of the aircraft, dropping from an altitude of 2,400 metres to about 900 metres — the height at which the wreckage was found — in less than a minute,

Carson Air SA226 plane
The crashed plane is a twin-engine SA-226 Metro II similar to this one. (Carson Air)

"The radar track showed a very steep descent," he said. "The crew did not call, declare an emergency or have any stress, which gives us an idea that whatever happened, happened suddenly. The radar track gives us information on how fast it was descending ... and that is consistent with uncontrolled flight."

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kathael

Fly on brave souls, past the clouds and out to forever.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Another tradgedy and my thoughts go out to the loved ones and may the deceased rest in peace.

A sharp-sudden descent,no May Day call these are all the hallmarks that the vast majority of these fatal crashes have experienced.

This is exactly fitting of complete electrics failure due to EMP as I have outlined in this thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
This is exactly fitting of complete electrics failure due to EMP as I have outlined in this thread here...

Wow, what a great explanation. Only there wasn't an EMP and there isn't a Nibiru. Other than that, it's perfect.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Of course it is. Because everyone knows planes don't crash without an EMP hitting them. And everyone knows this type of plane is incredibly stable and easy to fly. [/sarcasm].

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
My condolences over the tragedy.
Looks like technical or mechanical failure

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Of course it is. Because everyone knows planes don't crash without an EMP hitting them. And everyone knows this type of plane is incredibly stable and easy to fly. [/sarcasm].

There is nothing on-board this plane that would be affected by EMP! The controls are all mechanical not electronic.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Exactly. But apparently every plane crash that has happened recently is the result of massive EMP burst by Planet X.

Disclaimer: The above is not my belief, but has been posted multiple times in multiple threads, every time there's a plane crash.

top topics

join