It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa Shooting: Deputy Robert Bates Facing Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
According to CNN Bates, the 73 year old deputy who shot Eric Harris rather than using his taser, will be charged with seconds degree manslaughter.

Link

Wow. How the tide is turning when things are caught on video. However, unlike the killer in SC, Deputy Bates could be heard on the video, clearly shocked that he shot, rather than tasing, Harris.

I think the other cop who said "F your breath" is worse than this old guy who clearly made a mistake, btw. Wonder how many more LEO's will be charged for these sorts of actions??

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm seriously starting to think there is some kind of mind control of these officers going on.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

I just don't really understand what he was doing there in the first place. It was an undercover operation related to buying weapons...Idk what Deputy Grandpa was even doing there. They claimed in the article that he's been a part of over 100 of these types of activities...in a supportive role only, not as a part of the arresting team, or whatever they call it.

It's just weird.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
Give enough money/cars/etc to the police and you get to go on an urban safari with them?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is another article that goes into the Deputy's background a bit more. Apparently he is an insurance exec who shelled out a lot of money and donations and was bestowed with being crowned a reserve deputy for his generosity.

That's just insane to me!!

Link

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I think the other cop who said "F your breath" is worse than this old guy who clearly made a mistake, btw. Wonder how many more LEO's will be charged for these sorts of actions??

That guy should have his mouth sewn shut...good to see something being done at least.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think the whole department should be indicted for this man's murder. You know, like when any other murder is committed during the commission of a crime, everyone involved is culpable.

The cop who said "F your breath" is just as culpable as the the police chief that made the BAD decision to arm a 73 year old volunteer and put in the center of sting operation like that.

I'm surprised the NRA isn't getting involved, complaining about the victim's constitutional right to private gun sale!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Is this normal that they are using VOLUNTEER police force? That just blows my mind! Forget the fact that you have a 73 year old man out there but even in all the articles I have read they do NOT have the same training and background checks that a normal cop would go through.

Then you add in all the donations that this man had given the department (after only working there full time for 1 year, 1964-1965); and it sounds like someone bought the opportunity to play cops and robbers in real life. Scary scary.

edit on 4/14/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join