It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can my idea be turned into money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So, I have an amazing idea, one I truly believe would be worth some money if implemented correctly, but I have no idea if ideas alone are worth anything to anybody - I don't know if it could be patented, either, but I do know it's worth millions of dollars if not more. Is there a place, person, business that buy ideas from others?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I'm not sure but I have heard of a book titled "How to turn Unbearable Pain into Extra Dollars". It's by the same author as "How to Bonsai your Pets".

Perhaps that would be one you could research?

edit on 13/4/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I have dozens of those types of ideas. You have to have money to make money.

As far as people buying ideas. Nope, they will just steal them unless you have a Patten.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I haven't shared my idea with anyone - This isn't yet implemented ( at least not popular if so ) so maybe the whole idea will just die with me - I don't believe that's how it should be, but my idea is more a convenience than a necessity, so I wouldn't feel too bad.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sorry, for being so pessimistic, it's more of a level frustration, not knowing the answer to your question.
edit on 4/13/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

if you message me what the idea is i can tell you if its worth following up and what investment is needed for it. i work in futures i do this all the time..

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Despite the fact that you started a sentence with the word "So" I will respond even though my answer actually belongs on the depression thread. Despite suffering with depression for over ten years now my kerching instincts still kicked in when I saw your thread title.

Kind regards
edit on 13-4-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well there are tons of opportunities on the web to sell your idea. I don't know if any are actually legit and most will most likely want some type of formal proposal. Here is a link to one such site. Good Luck.

www.inventmyidea.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

no, there is no central clearinghouse for ideas.

and without any insight into what your idea is....there isn't much in the way of direction that anyone can give you other than thinking about companies that are in industries that could use your ideas, then going to pitch it to them. However...you will likely need to get some legal counsel to protect yourself.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

By the time you get off the elevator and start your car....some of those big and small companies will be on the phone registering your idea....as theirs. It happens every single day. Its the business.

You gotta be sooooooo careful talking about it.....

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Perhaps kickstarter or some other source of crowdfunding could be an avenue to consider.

I have many ideas for products or services but from the info I have come across, one generally needs some money to get at least get a provisional patent, and be able to raise money to take it to the next level.I know it's frustrating sitting on an idea that could generate some income, a part of me feels that fears of having an idea stolen are out of proportion to how often it actually happens.Idk, I think someone could take steps to limit that risk, almost makes me want to use a more disposable one just as a trial to learn more about the process.Usually the fear mongers I talk to about stuff like this, are not up to date with modern supply chain process, the internet, venture market, or any new opportunities you use can get something out there, that didn't even exist just a couple of decades ago.

If you talk to someone who has successfully patented an idea/product/or service, that would probably really help.Some of those in my network, have found good companies to work with.The other thing to keep in mind, is that you need to investigate if others have done your idea before you.I've gotten really excited about something, only to find the chinese already beat us to it.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yes, on business forums people will buy ideas. You need to spell it out: Here is my idea, this is WHY it's good, this HOW to implement it...etc. I sold a product idea to a fellow business person on a forum for $200 about 6 months ago. It was a good idea and I don't have time to do it. So I sold it to someone who wanted a business idea and didn't have one. I have also sold leads I don't want.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There is a television programm called dragons den... People propose their ideas by making a presentation in front of a panel of investors. Check it out...

top topics

join