It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daredevil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Anyone watched/watching this?

I'm at episode 2, and have the whole season lined up for a binge over the next couple of days.

Much darker and grittier than current Marvel shows/movies, which I'm fine with.

Glad they get the chance to fix what they did with the movie too!

No spoilers please!

edit on 12/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I'm on the 4th episode.

It's quite good. I"m happy that they gave him a fighting style that makes sense as well. None of this, I never get hit, I'm a karata master nonsense.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yup he keeps getting his arse kicked, and comes back for more lol

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Is it on Amazon or Netflix?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Netflix.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Looking forward to beginning it this week! Marvel has been doing good work.

👣

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Looking forward to beginning it this week! Marvel has been doing good work.

👣

That's what happens when you partner with Netflix. They don't have any rules for content, no stock holders to make happy and that results in fantastic content.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The Mrs is on episode nine right now, and i am accepting PayPal and Visa to not provide spoilers.

But i think it's OK - not my natural cuppa, but it does raise a few smiles for violence and darkness

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
yeah am watching it too, its very good, like really good, probably the best superhero show I have seen and I watch a lot of them.

I love the dark and gritty feel yet at times it feels like i am watching suits with some of the legal babel.

Its a very good show!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
yeah am watching it too, its very good, like really good, probably the best superhero show I have seen and I watch a lot of them.

I love the dark and gritty feel yet at times it feels like i am watching suits with some of the legal babel.

Its a very good show!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh man now I'm psyched 🙌

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm really digging it as well. Really smart to let you get to know the character, before they ask you to root for a hero in spandex!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm on ep. 6. Better than I anticipated. I think they did a good job on the fighting too. Very quick and creative movements and skill approaching an almost spiderman level of skill yet still human and real. No CGI or anything. So far I'm enjoying it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm on ep. 6. Better than I anticipated. I think they did a good job on the fighting too. Very quick and creative movements and skill approaching an almost spiderman level of skill yet still human and real. No CGI or anything. So far I'm enjoying it.

What's everyone's thought on Kingpin?

I read an article with the actor where he said.

" this will be the ONLY kingpin people think about when they think kingpin".

Well honestly I was a little disappointed when he first appeared.... However he is really growing on me now. Not quite ready to say I LOVE him..... Yet, but I do love the "justified" type way they are focusing on both daredevil and kingpin. Like they are both the 2 main characters.

Justified is a cop show based in Kentucky. It's awsome!!

It follows these 2 people who grew up togather. One a federal Marshall and the other a crime boss. But it gives both characters roughly equal time. Hell I like Boyd crowder more then the hero!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I think he'll make a good kingpin. He's an great actor. Two great characters he's played is Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket and he played a crazy meth dealer named Poo Bear in a movie called The Salton Sea. Once they start showing him where he gets to show his strength he's really going to shine.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I think he'll make a good kingpin. He's an great actor. Two great characters he's played is Private Pile from Full Metal Jacket and he played a crazy meth dealer named Poo Bear in a movie called The Salton Sea. Once they start showing him where he gets to show his strength he's really going to shine.

Already did!!! Scene with the Russian who interrupted him..... And him and DD tie up in about episode 8.

2 more left and mad I have to wait till season 2!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Made it to episode 6. Totally digging it. The cast is great, the writing is great, the feel is great.

I like the depth they are giving to Kingpin. Totally unexpected...

👣

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You're right I almost forgot about the Russian.

I'm also interested in the female roll with Rosaria Dawson9(sp?). At first I thought they were going to use her for Electra but I read online she's actually a character combination of Night Nurse and someone else. But I love her as an actress I look forward to seeing where they take her too.

Don't ya hate it when you catch up too fast like that. I do the same thing. Most recently started watching Black Sails and watched all the way up then started having to wait each week for the new ones. Drives me crazy. I just want them to all be there so I can watch it straight through.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Love the show! Not sure I like the suit....

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If they carry on making good shows, you may not have to wait until season 2. Upcoming: Iron Fist, Luke Cage, "AKA Jessica Jones", and the Defenders, which brings them all together. I would hope they're timing them to give not too much of a gap in between.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join