It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Capitol Locked Down After Man Commits Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The U.S. Capitol was placed on lockdown on Saturday afternoon after a man fatally shot himself on the building's West Front. NBC News reports that the authorities are investigating a "suspicious package" that was found on the nearby West Terrance. The package appears to be the man's suitcase.

Not much to add, it's getting late here. I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already. Sorry if I missed it.

Officials told NBC News that a man died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on the West Front of the Capitol Building shortly after 1 p.m., and the suspicious package was his suitcase. "There are no indications at this point of terrorism," one federal official said.

They say he was carrying a sign about justice and taxes. Another product of a broken system. I guess he was in too deep and wanted to make a point. No motive or name has been released.

www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.usatoday.com...

edit on 12-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

How sad. His final statement to his government seems to have been that he just could not take it any more. I hope his death does serve to make some in DC think. RIP to him.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Also from your linked NBC article:

Nandi said a man who appeared to be in his 20s took out a placard, but Nandi couldn't fully make out what it said. He then heard a pop and saw the back of the man's head turn red.

"I grabbed my wife and said, 'Run! Run!' I thought it was a sniper because I didn't see a gun in his hand," Nandi said.

Was it suicide?
Maybe

join