It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should it be ilegal to feed animals in neighborhood communities?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I live in a gated style community and one of my neighbors seems to be leaving seeds out for birds. We now seem to have a bit of an infestation of crows ducks and other unwanted vermin (not saying ducks are vermin)

Should it be aganst the law to feed ANY wild animal wether it is in a town or park or near a town? I've told my landlord (who lives with us) countless times to talk to her but our neighbor seems to be buying seeds to doing this on purpose ignoring our requests. At first I was thinking she was just trying to unload some seeds she didn't need. But now it seems more deliberate.

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen people around my neighborhood feeding animals they shouldn't feed. There's a guy I saw who looked like he was walking around town throwing seeds to feed crows on purpous. Do the mentally unwell do this or is it a good way of screwing with neighbors? And can it be outlawed officially?

I would have posted this in yahoo groups but it's a god awful form site. I don't think it's really supposed to be a forum community based on the terrible way yahoo groups is set up.
edit on 11-4-2015 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2015 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sigh.

If we make everything a crime, soon we'll all be criminals..or so the saying goes.

I'm a birder, I feed the birds. Birds and vermin exist in your neighborhood, regardless if you feed them or not. Don't want to deal with nature? Go live somewhere without a yard - a highrise or some such.

IMHO.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I feed the birds and feral cats (that I trap, neuter then release again) too, because I cannot stand to see them starve during the Winter term.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I feed birds in my ajoining garden on my street.
So do others what do you have against birds?.
Crows and ravens are majestic creatures.
Maybe lighten up.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seriously,

You complain about this ?

You want a law ?

🏆 you get the trophy...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Or get a cat

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When I clicked on this thread I expected racoons or bears.....
That I think people could understand.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You want to criminalize feeding birds?

I wouldn't want to live in your world.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paranormal78

Also is a gated style community a prison?.
I don't get it..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Perhaps the Op posted this to get the knee jerk reaction they knew so many of us would give. I think we are being trolled.

No one in their right mind would, let alone from this planet would complain about people partaking in an extremely common past time. OP, you do realize stores sell bird feed for such a purpose and the bags are specifically marked FOR WILD BIRDS, not pet birds.

boymonkey74, that is what I was excepting when I opened this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you scared of birds, or something of the like? Having birds in your neighbourhood is beneficial. They help control weeds and insects, and they pollinate various plants. The beauty of your community would suffer greatly if feeding birds became illegal.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Perhaps the Op posted this to get the knee jerk reaction they knew so many of us would give. I think we are being trolled.

No one in their right mind would, let alone from this planet would complain about people partaking in an extremely common past time. OP, you do realize stores sell bird feed for such a purpose and the bags are specifically marked FOR WILD BIRDS, not pet birds.

boymonkey74, that is what I was excepting when I opened this thread.

Birds, such as blue jays, can be very loud and territorial, the same goes for people's dogs. I have to listen to my neighbours dog bark incessently...day and night.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
All together now "feed the birds tuppence a baaag".

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
All together now "feed the birds tuppence a baaag".

That was one of my favourite songs!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I will never admit to that but....

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: InTheLight

I will never admit to that but....

Did you shed a tear?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Birds, such as blue jays, can be very loud and territorial, the same goes for people's dogs. I have to listen to my neighbours dog bark incessently...day and night.

I hope your town/city has a bylaw regarding the barking dogs, nothing is worse when you can't sleep.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I throw corn out for the animals, especially in winter. Birds, squirrels and rabbits eat it. It's nice to have the animals around

edit on 11-4-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: InTheLight

I hope your town/city has a bylaw regarding the barking dogs, nothing is worse when you can't sleep.

Not really because a few years ago, I called the authorities on another barking (incessently) dog and they said they could not do anything unless it was being abused. This dog is left outside most of the day and barks with an angry tone when any animals or any person goes by, or makes any type of noise.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No!

Can you not see that it's that mentality that causes the mess we're in now?

Quite literally, good people unintentionally break the law every day because someone decides we need to get our tax funded law enforcement involved every time they had a slight problem with something someone else was doing?

No we don't need a law for that - get a hobby!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join