It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Jack Whittakers grand daughter found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In a sad conclusion to a strange disappearance, Jack Whittaker�s granddaughter, who had been missing since December 4th, has been found dead along a wooded roadside. Many will remember Jack Wittaker as the sole winner, on Christmas Eve, in 2002, of the largest undivided lottery jackpot in history. Since then, Mr. Whittaker has been plagued with bad luck including several breakins to his estate and earlier last year a now-deceased friend's granddaughter was found dead at Mr.Whittaker�s home.

www.chron.com
SCOTT DEPOT, W.Va. -- The 17-year-old granddaughter of Jack Whittaker, winner of the nation's biggest undivided lottery jackpot, was found dead today along a country road, more than two weeks after she disappeared.

The cause of death was under investigation. Authorities said there were no obvious signs of violence. An autopsy was planned.

Brandi Bragg's body was identified by tattoos on her neck, said State Police Sgt. Jay Powers. "The troopers had talked to her in the past and knew her," Powers said.

The body was found in a grassy area about 50 feet off a road near Scott Depot. Brandi, who lived in the nearby town of Hurricane, was last seen alive on Dec. 4 at the home of a friend on that same road.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is such a sad story to see how things have developed with this family. Mr. Whittaker has been unable to control himself since winning this money and has had so many problems that it was inevitable something bad was going to happen. This whole situation with his grand daughter is very strange. First, her good friend dies and now her. It makes one wonder if their is something a lot deeper going on here. What could those two have been involved with that has lead to their deaths or is it something that Mr. Whittaker is involved in that has brought this on? At this point we can only speculate.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Never heard of Jack Whittaker. Somehow it doesn't suprise me that a 17 year old with tatoo's on her neck was found dead.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
No one ever heard of Whittaker until he won that record lottery pay out. Since then he's been plagued with legal and other problems and recently his wife said she wishes he hadn't won the money. He was already a wealthy man when he won. Sometimes what seems to be great good fortune turns out to be a curse.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It takes strong legs to carry so much money around, especially when you like the booz (and i would suspect, considering his volatile behaviour, other stuff that goes up the nose too, now imagine you can buy unlimited amounts of that) , i gues that is one person scratched from his inheritance list, who knows what the other potential benefeiciaries are plotting and cooking, dont you just love familly?....

www.wheresmypants.net...

The best thing he could do is move to a more upscale neighbourhood like in Hawaij or Beverly Hills , at least he be somewhat safer from his former white trash vultures circling around him...But I guess he lacks to sophisitcation to blend in with the other rich and famous, would be like Archie Bunker having a penthouse in Manhattan. No he better buy first a new identity and after that a big big range far a way from the local hooters bar or something, that would fit with his cowboyhat.

Also, why that idiot consistenly drives around so many cash in his car, like he some pimp, showing off the bling, just a disaster waiting to happen, at least a real pimp keeps an uzi and a EYE on his money and you think twice, I bet even Bill Gates just drives around with just a lcreditcard and just small change, all the really big purchases, yachts, islands hehe can be done by wire.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Mr. Whittaker's fondness of the excessives of life may have just helped in the death of his grandaughter. Money does something to those who come into large sums of it. I guess in a way Mr. Whittaker is trying to gain and mantain his faux "rich man" image. The death of his grandaughter is sad. I wonder if since she had been missing for two weeks was this a plan to ransome her that went sour? The LOVE of money is indeed the root of all evil.

top topics

join