It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mig-25 Altitude Record

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

wrong, part of the hidraulic sistem was removed, radar, fire control too, also the afterburner gets more fuel feed, the basic maneuvre was accelerate to max at low level, then jump the zoom climb ,they knew that the f100 had problems of stalling and power at medium- high altitude, the mig25 has better t/w ratio at medium heigh.

The Mig-25 also weights a hell of allot more.

about the poland case i dont have information, but about the libian problems, well i had explained that before, its not only about the plane, but also the pilots, and........the carriers in the mediterran, whe know whats the performance difference of the mig29 between iraki pilots and german pilots, the mig 25 have much better supersonic maneuverability than the sr71, there reports of virtual kills made by mig25/31 in the north of russia, the sr71 never flew too close of russian territories

From what I remember the main flight path took it right through parts of Russia. It was also the same flight path each time.

I'm quit sure if they could have shot it down they would have; Just like they fired on U-2s all the time.

is stupid that blinded defence of the sr71,it never lacks the one that says that the max speed is M4

It would destroy its airframe and engines at such high speeds that probably would be capable in a steep dive.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I used the MiG-25 in my novel THE HIVE. In a part of the story of combating alien invaders, MiG-25s are fitted with solid rocket motor boosters to briefly fly up to about 100 Km. to deliver and air to air nuclear weapon tha has been modifed for use in a vacuum. (thrusters instead of fins) See for yourself: www.freewebs.com...

<< 1   >>

join