It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's drought being caused purposefully because of Fukushima radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The following video lays out a conspiracy theory that could be one of the most important in the history of the United States. It's a simple theory:

The US government is diverting rain from California because they don't want it to be doused in radioactive rain.

This post explains some possible rationale and implications:

There are a few reasons the west coast is in drought but the big one is that CA grows most of the USA's food, if we allow the rain to bring the radiation from Fukushima out of the sky and into the ground, it will kill the best of America. Their plan is to let the rain fall in the central states that are sparsely populated with a lower educated people in a land that can't be used anyway. By the time large storms move to the east coast they should be mostly radiation free and the deluge of rain and floods washes the east coast free of radiation into the oceans. Its a brilliant system to prolong America by destroying natural weather patterns across the globe for our benefit. The problem is that we are hurting the planet even more to save one continent for a few more years than the rest. What happens at the end of those years??? Source: www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-4-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"in a land that can't be used anyway" ...

you mean this ?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm not a nuclear physicist or anything of the sort, but I also wonder how this rain will supposedly be "radiation free" by the time it's further to the East. Also, you potentially could test this conspiracy theory simply by looking at rainfall stats in those central states.

Don't have time to watch the video right now, but this sounds pretty counterproductive to me.
edit on 7-4-2015 by FamCore because:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting theory ... but the Sierra Nevada and Rocky mountain range usually stop rain and wet weather from reaching the inland desert states. That's why they are deserts. Though of course, many believe that there are underground rivers that divert the water runoff from the inland side of the mountains hundreds of feet below the arable land.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Thank you I was going to make the same comment. Apparently this YouTube video claims the plan is to caluse a drought in California from where we get most of our vegetables. Then cause it to rain radioactive fallout on to the very core of our existence the corn belt and the Grainbelt.

Yeah that makes perfect sense to me. I think I'll just file this one under now I've officially heard everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
A great deal of that corn is used to make ethanol. This is worth thinking about.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, regardless of whether or not it is even possible to cause a drought "here" to get rain "there" my main question would have to be: Why hide it?

Surely this would be seen as proactive government dealing with a serious problem, wouldn't it?

I am certain if this were the case that the government would have a water provision solution in the case of such an extreme, if rather ridiculous, plan.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

A large amount of that corn is also used as animal feed, which would put radioactivity right back into the food chain. And where corn isn't being grown, it's soybean.

And even if that radioactive rain gets caught up in the Rockies, there is still a huge problem with this theory, since all that radioactive snowmelt would be used to provide drinking and irrigation water right back into the western states, including California.
edit on 7-4-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Orographic lifting would prevent the rain from moving past the mountains...unless im misunderstanding this.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Sounds pretty silly to be as it would require that fukushima have ongoing atomospheric venting of radioucleotides into the upper atmosphere. As far as I know any atmospheric releases are not even close to reaching the altitudes necessary to carry particles so far. No such ongoing atomospheric releases are being reported - they may be happening but no reports are being made.

Also when it comes to food production, the fossl aquifers that growers are using are quite radioactive in themselves; so I don't this theory holds a lot of weight. While the aquifers in Calfornias Central Valley are not Fossil Aquifers and require snow melt to recharge properly the recharging system/process actually filters the water to what degree I don't know.

God is punishing the US for 'gay marriage' makes as much sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Rained most of the day today in my part of CA. Should I go take KI now?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I put nothing past this administration.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm in Los Angeles and it's raining right now we have a storm coming in.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Some people really need to step away from their computers and go outside for a bit...Some of these theories are getting ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Interesting theory ... but the Sierra Nevada and Rocky mountain range usually stop rain and wet weather from reaching the inland desert states. That's why they are deserts. Though of course, many believe that there are underground rivers that divert the water runoff from the inland side of the mountains hundreds of feet below the arable land.

The conspiracy theory outlined in the quote in the original post isn't exactly the same theory that's asserted by Jeff Rense and Yoichi Shimatsu in the video posted in the original post.

I guess I expected too much for people to realize that the theories were different. I was posting both theories simply to jump-start a discussion on all of these issues.

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Well, regardless of whether or not it is even possible to cause a drought "here" to get rain "there" my main question would have to be: Why hide it?

Surely this would be seen as proactive government dealing with a serious problem, wouldn't it?

I am certain if this were the case that the government would have a water provision solution in the case of such an extreme, if rather ridiculous, plan.

I agree that if the theory is true then it would involve proactive measures to deal with a huge crisis. I don't think Rense and Shimatsu were knocking the course of action opined in the theory. Their take on it seemed to be that we're facing a catch-22 and that if this theory is true, it may actually be the best course of action.

"Why hide it?"

Fukushima by the most optimistic estimates will take decades to "clean up" and/or "decommission", the worst estimates are that those things will never happen. So, if this theory is true, this man-made drought could continue essentially forever. Would people clear out of California if they knew that was coming?

Why hide it? California could become a ghost town, that's why.

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Some people really need to step away from their computers and go outside for a bit...Some of these theories are getting ridiculous.

You're actually stooping to an ad hominem attack like this against Jeff Rense and Yoichi Shimatsu?

This is shameful, I don't think there are two people anywhere who work harder than them for the good of humanity. Then you write "Some people really need to step away from their computers and go outside for a bit", you must know nothing about those men or you wouldn't even think of writing such a thing.

originally posted by: Enochstask
I'm in Los Angeles and it's raining right now we have a storm coming in.

According to the theory, the man-made drought is meant to stop rain that comes directly from the Pacific Ocean because that rain is full of radiation. It's meant to stop California from being irradiated, it's not meant to stop all rain.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Very interesting thread OP thanks

top topics

join