It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist Reboot Director Reports Disturbing Occurences on Set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The Curse Continues

IGN recently released an article, on April Fool's Day, to report that actors, directors and other crew are having some pretty weird experiences filming the remake of Poltergeist.

During a Reddit AMA (on, er, April 1), Gil Kenan said he and his crew experienced strange phenomena during shooting.

"The location for the house, during shooting, I chose because it had a strange and unnecessary field that the houses of this particular community were built around", wrote Kenan. "And we found - throughout production - that we had persistent and repeatable equipment field only on that strange plot of land.

"For instance, lights that could turn on anywhere else in the neighborhood would blow out the second you'd try to light them on this plot." Kenan confessed to being too afraid to find out what the land used to be, but revealed that they filmed outside of Toronto.

Source

Kenan goes on to tell his experience of being haunted by a woman in black during the filming at the set, and being followed while in the vicinity to where even slept. The article is quite skeptical and it speaks volumes with this little snippet.

Far more disturbingly, Kenan believes (or at least pretends to believe) that he and his crew were haunted by a ghost in the house they rented for shooting.

Tell us - how you really feel IGN! Regardless as to whether or not this is a publicity stunt - the Poltergeist Films have disturbed and tantalized us since the 1980's.

Here is a trailer to the film coming out this summer.

The Poltergeist Curse was born due to the fact that four cast members died during the filming of the trilogy from the years of 1982 - 1988. Let us hope that everyone stays safe with this Poltergeist franchise.

For more info on cast members who passed away visit the wiki page Here

CdT

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hype hype and even more hype.

Build up some dramatic story behind the production or creation of an event and that hype will only serve to fuel interest.

I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm not saying ghosts or paranormal events do not occur. I'm simply stating that when you attach something like a haunting to the production of a horror movie, it has a tendency to come off as a little self-promoting and aggrandizing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This story being reported on April Fool's Day didn't raise any alarms?
edit on 7-4-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
OH god yes!

I really cannot wait until this is released, should be amazing, they have kept so many features and things from the original.

Should be goooood!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes, Yes...

Besides the obvious, and it's amusing implications - there is a curse that surrounds the movie. I can remember hearing about it when I was a kid.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the show myself. I was only 8 - 10 years old. Braces, were not an enjoyable thing to imagine getting after that movie. Nor would I ever drink the worm from a tequila bottle after watching that trilogy! I'm telling you!

Happy April Everyone.

CdT

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
All hype, their were disturbances during the filming of the original too I read somewhere, also a couple of deaths after the movie..

link

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yeah just a campaign to drum up ticket sales for the movie.
Looks like it worked.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
This story being reported on April Fool's Day didn't raise any alarms?

Clearly not! This isn't the only thread taken seriously based on info released on April 1st. A real head shaking moment.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Take a classic. Screw it up.
Seems to be the new formula.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I'm not gona watch it because it looks exactly like the original ' poltergeist' which was a great film! I really don't think a remake (which looks exactly the same) is warranted.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It looks like a good re-make complete with the scary clown (will have nightmares for days !). I have no doubt they probably experienced something. I'm sure the actors got extra bonuses to sign up for the film. There's no way I would have done it considering what happened to the cast in the first movie. Scary

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The Poltergeist is not the only movie out there with a curse hanging over its head.

Who could imagine Rose Mary's Baby not being haunted? The composer of the movie fell dead one year after the filming of the movie from a blood clot in the brain, and a cast member also died the same way during filming. What's more, producer William Castle went through kidney failure soon after the film was made. He reportedly cried out, "Rosemary, for God's sake drop that knife" while being treated. It gets even more bizarre when Roman Polanski (director) bought a house Charles Manson had a grudge against. He moved his pregnant wife in the house, while Manson ordered his commune to murder her. Meanwhile her husband was away in London on business.

'The Omen' is another haunted film. During filming, scriptwriter David Seltzer's plane was hit by lighting, as was star Gregory Peck's, as was the executive producers. They all lived, and I'm unsure as to how common or rare that occurrence actually is. Reportedly - An assistant John Richardson, wasn't quite as lucky. On Friday the 13th, August 1976, Richardson crashed his car in Holland. His assistant was sliced through by the car's front wheel. Richardson said when he looked up and saw a road sign it said Ommen, 66.6km. Also, one of the film's tiger handler's died. A plane that was suppose to be used in the film; was rescheduled and used for a commercial flight instead. It crashed and killed everyone on board. Gregory Peck's son shot himself.

CdT

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

is there any info on why the curse originally started?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Apparently it was filmed on an Indian burial ground and/or they used real life human bones in certain scenes. That disturbed the spirits and caused the curse.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The real scary part was that little medium with the crazy voice

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This abomination of a remake is probably haunted by the ghost of Heather O'Rourke, turning over in her grave that such a travesty should ever make it to the big screen. I'll add this movie to the growing list of movies I wouldn't waste my time or money ever seeing (right after the Ghostbusters reboot).

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Hi Rukia!

Yes. Here's a short clip - but blackmetalists is correct. They used actually human bones, and disturbed the dead for the movies pool scene. Which took about four days to film. Fake skeletons were too expensive.

Now I know in the story, the house was on an Indian burial ground - but I'm not sure if they actually filmed on an actual Indian burial ground to the film the movie.

CdT

join