It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Norming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yeah it's not spelt wrong.

To me it makes perfect sense that an ice age is slowly followed by the heating of the Earth, why wouldn't it?

The ice retracts, the oceans rise. Yes, this happens, last time it may have coincided with an asteroid collision, but it has nothing to do (imo) with our disrespectful treatment of earth.

However, unless there is another cataclysmic meteor to cover the earth in cloud and cause the next ice age, guess what else will cause it?!

WW3 and a nuclear war.

So guess what? In a somehow ironic turn of events, we have created something that will stop global warming, a nuclear holocaust!

If we survive that, the only way to survive the fall out is to live in Africa which is why it is believed life Emirates from there...why would anyone nuke Africa?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

…why would anyone nuke Africa?

Well, for starters theres the Suez Canal. Damn important "Geo"political asset. Then theres a ton of military bases throughout, oil fields and refineries, cities, people that work in factories, power plants, bridges… blah, blah…

'target rich' environment.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

S&F for both the pun and the statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
here here!
I like global norming.
I think you have coined a new term .
I also think this video is one of the most compelling
as to whether a new ice age on our doorstep.
iceagenow.info...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Why is it every generation insists on being the center of all existence and where everything happens?

Sorry. There's not going to be a World War 3. Sorry. There's not going to be a cataclysm. Sorry. Earth isn't going to blow up for another 3.8 billion years.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I like this one. And I agree. People say that the problem is we have accelerated global warming or "coming out of an ice age" because of our over use of fossil fuels, methane emissions, and carbon dioxide emissions. Maybe it did happen a little faster then it should have, but what difference does it make. I don't agree with all the fossil fuel use. In fact I think its embarrassing for our human race that we even use it when other technologies could easily take us out of fossil fuels. Ladies and gentleman. Our governments simply withhold this from us.

As for global norming, You are bang on. And we will be fine.

The survival of our human race is important, but people should relax. We will die no matter what. People act like they'll never die. If you accept the fact that you may die, even because of a repercussion of global warming, ie. Flood, tornado, hurricane, or other, then you can just live life as you were intended. Stop worrying. But get off oil....
edit on 5-4-2015 by drz400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Can I have some of the stuff you are on?
you make no sense

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Yeah it's not spelt wrong.

To me it makes perfect sense that an ice age is slowly followed by the heating of the Earth, why wouldn't it?

The ice retracts, the oceans rise. Yes, this happens, last time it may have coincided with an asteroid collision, but it has nothing to do (imo) with our disrespectful treatment of earth.

However, unless there is another cataclysmic meteor to cover the earth in cloud and cause the next ice age, guess what else will cause it?!

WW3 and a nuclear war.

So guess what? In a somehow ironic turn of events, we have created something that will stop global warming, a nuclear holocaust!

If we survive that, the only way to survive the fall out is to live in Africa which is why it is believed life Emirates from there...why would anyone nuke Africa?

Negative feedback with a steady state input of universal energy and human technological progress.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah I went off on one half way through my mind bramble!

My point was I think the Earths cycle is this.

Earth creation - life forms (dinosaurs) - event (meteor) - ice age - earth warms, ice retreats life forms (our era) - event (anything) - ice age - earth warms - life forms

Sooner or later, once all the ice has melted and we are living happily on a slightly different shaped landmass, another comet is going to smash into earth and it will all start again.

new topics

top topics

join