It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica and its ufo's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I know that when people go to this link you will see initially that this starts with "Operation high jump"...and i know this is covered on ATS already,what i found of real intrest (and information i havent seen before) is the rest of the information regarding sightings long after the "apparent " end of ww2.

www.violations.dabsol.co.uk...

whatever your point of view on the ufo issue? i personally believe this remote part of our planet holds more secrets than anywhere else and i do believe that its got some serious nazi secrets locked up in it.....the bit i find most exciting is the fact that germany declared antartica as its own on the eve of ww2?.....strange to be so far away from the hub of the greatest war in history and attach so much effort and investment in a place that appears to us all to be nothing more than an isolsted block of ice?

Regards.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yup yup.

another story with some pretty intriguing, almost convincing elements....

keeps us up all nite wondering, pondering, hoping even...

sadly most of us ATSers will have to wait until another ATSer with a knockout combination of altruism, money, integrity, and 'lust for the truth' comes around and investigates antartica personally.

dont worry though; before we realize all the wait and speculation is pointless, we will surely have a heated debate over 'maybies'

what fun.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its a very interesting read (still reading through it). But one thing that maybe explainable is -

On 5th March 1947 the �El Mercurio� newspaper of Santiago, Chile, ran the headline �On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas� which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta. "Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defence measures against hostile regions. The Admiral further stated that he didn�t want to frighten anyone unduly but it was a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds.

Could this be interpretted as Ballistic Missiles flying over the poles to reach mainland US? (I know the likelyhood of any ICBM's travelling from the USSR are likely to travel over the Arctic and not the Antarctic). Perhaps they went to install Oceanagraphic and aerial monitoring stations (These 'sciences' still in their infancy) and perhaps they also foresaw launches of ICBM's from submarines.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Its a very interesting read (still reading through it). But one thing that maybe explainable is -

On 5th March 1947 the �El Mercurio� newspaper of Santiago, Chile, ran the headline �On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas� which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta. "Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defence measures against hostile regions. The Admiral further stated that he didn�t want to frighten anyone unduly but it was a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds.

Could this be interpretted as Ballistic Missiles flying over the poles to reach mainland US? (I know the likelyhood of any ICBM's travelling from the USSR are likely to travel over the Arctic and not the Antarctic). Perhaps they went to install Oceanagraphic and aerial monitoring stations (These 'sciences' still in their infancy) and perhaps they also foresaw launches of ICBM's from submarines.

Spacemunkey

nice job of 'scraping off the barnicles' & getting to the basics/ original premis....even back then (1947) the former german reich scientists like von Braun & others had envisioned rocket launchers and atom bomb payloads.

besides the S. Pole was the only open landmass in the south to station a community year-round which experienced weather conditions like N. Pole & Alaskan conditions

just a side-note question...notice the name 'ATTA' highlighted in the quote...
is there coincidence here or a symmetry, weaving thru time- consciousness-and our mythic subconscious???

top topics

join