It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Passover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Blessed art thou, Lord our G-d, King of the universe, who has given to us
holidays, customs, and seasons for gladness,
for the glory of the Lord Yeshua our Messiah, the light of the world.

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, Ill be there.

When the roll, is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder Ill be there.

On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,

Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I never could understand what set this forum apart from the gray area.

This thread strengthened that conviction.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

Yet you still feel compelled to follow it and post in it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was hoping for a good Passover Thread. This one isn't starting out to look like it's going to be that one.

When the Roll is Called up Yonder? "When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more"?

Do you even know what Passover Celebrates? It's not the afterlife or the end of the world.

How is the Passover related to the crucifixion of Jesus the Nazarene? Do you know? It's not just a coincidence that the two supposed events coincide.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sorry, Celebrating the season of the appointed time in my own way. Bless you and your family.

The first of God's seven annual festivals is the Passover (Leviticus:23:5). Passover falls in early spring in the Holy Land and is a reminder of how God spared His people from death in Egypt. To rescue His people from slavery, God took the lives of all the firstborn Egyptian males (Exodus:12:7, 26-29) but passed over the Israelites' homes that had the blood of a sacrificed lamb on their door frames.

The blood of the Passover lamb foreshadowed the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which passes over the sins of people who repent in order to spare them from eternal death.

The New Testament makes clear that Christ is the true Passover Lamb (compare Exodus:12:21 with 1 Corinthians:5:7).

In observing His last Passover with His disciples, Jesus explained that the symbols of bread and wine represent His body and blood, offered by Him for the forgiveness (or passing over) of our sins and the death penalty our sins have earned for us (Matthew:26:26-28; Mark:14:22-24).

Christians who observe this annual memorial marking Jesus' death (1 Corinthians:11:26) are reminded that eternal life is possible only through Him (John:6:47-54; Acts:4:10-12).
edit on 4-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: windword

Sorry, Celebrating the season of the appointed time in my own way. Bless you and your family.

The first of God's seven annual festivals is the Passover (Leviticus:23:5). Passover falls in early spring in the Holy Land and is a reminder of how God spared His people from death in Egypt. To rescue His people from slavery, God took the lives of all the firstborn Egyptian males (Exodus:12:7, 26-29) but passed over the Israelites' homes that had the blood of a sacrificed lamb on their door frames.

The blood of the Passover lamb foreshadowed the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which passes over the sins of people who repent in order to spare them from eternal death.

The New Testament makes clear that Christ is the true Passover Lamb (compare Exodus:12:21 with 1 Corinthians:5:7).

In observing His last Passover with His disciples, Jesus explained that the symbols of bread and wine represent His body and blood, offered by Him for the forgiveness (or passing over) of our sins and the death penalty our sins have earned for us (Matthew:26:26-28; Mark:14:22-24).

Christians who observe this annual memorial marking Jesus' death (1 Corinthians:11:26) are reminded that eternal life is possible only through Him (John:6:47-54; Acts:4:10-12).

Thanks for that!

Just to add a little different perpective, or maybe not, here's one of my favorite Easter vs Passover "Sermons".. Watch it, don't watch it.........I love this guy! This guy is one of my favorite religious interpreters of the Bible!

Happy Easter to you and yours

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pagan religion carefully woven into the holidays of a Christian

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Star from me Op.
John 3:16.

top topics

join