It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Lightning strikes two jets on approach to Sea-Tac Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Lightning really does strike twice...even on moving targets.

2 different strikes and 2 different moving targets but everyone landed safely.

www.komonews.com...

One of those planes was an Alaska Air Flight 515 inbound from Orange County while another was Alaska Air Flight 731 that was coming into Seattle from Houston. Kim Dodge was sitting in Row 9 on the right side of that plane when the bolt hit. "We were flying in and out of clouds, sunshine then darkness, sunshine then darkness," she said. "I was looking out the window when I saw this bright flash and this streak of lightning hit the top-middle of the right wing near the engine." She said it looked like the bolt exited right below the wing.

More pics here:
www.komonews.com...
Jude11

edit on 3-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Lightning really does strike twice...even on moving targets.

2 different strikes and 2 different moving targets but everyone landed safely.

www.komonews.com...

One of those planes was an Alaska Air Flight 515 inbound from Orange County while another was Alaska Air Flight 731 that was coming into Seattle from Houston. Kim Dodge was sitting in Row 9 on the right side of that plane when the bolt hit. "We were flying in and out of clouds, sunshine then darkness, sunshine then darkness," she said. "I was looking out the window when I saw this bright flash and this streak of lightning hit the top-middle of the right wing near the engine." She said it looked like the bolt exited right below the wing.

More pics here:
www.komonews.com...
Jude11

The second plane looks as though a bit of it got fried, as you see the light from that dying down!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You might be right about that.

Imagine being on one of those planes? "Excuse me stewardess...I just pooped a little"

Jude11

new topics

join