It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes next for the human race?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: greencmp

A virus will kill us all before we get off the planet. How are those antibiotics working? What?!?1 Another resistant strain?

Antibiotics aren't useful against viruses anyway and the strains of resistant bacteria are a challenge only to the presumption that we are in control of our biology which we are not.

I know. I was throwing things out there that will kill us before we evolve.

I would say that such things are in fact the very things that cause us to evolve.

I guess that's a good way to get rid of the weak. Nature is a stinker!

You can't have it both ways.

Either biological organisms evolve through natural selection or they are designed.

Designed organisms all share the same caveats and weaknesses and are thus susceptible to the same pathogens en masse.

Well the weak die first.

It's not the weak that die first, otherwise we'd still have dinosaurs and mega fauna chasing us around. Or us naturally skinny homo sapiens would of never taken out the naturally pumped and large brained Neanderthals.

It's actually the ones that can't adapt to change that go first, when it comes to the game of evolution.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: southtower

Super volcanos are real so are asteroids.. There are threats, but not immediate ones.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

We are destabilizing the climate with all the deforestation and fossil-fuel burning causing a rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide. The Amazon rain forest is continually shrinking. The Earth's biodiversity is declining. The Nature Conservancy, for example, has documented that one-third of the plant and animal species in the United States are now at risk of extinction. Climate change could make extreme weather more severe, increase droughts in some areas, change the distribution of animals and diseases across the globe, and cause low-lying areas of the planet to be submerged in the wake of rising sea levels. The cascade of changes could lead to political instability, severe drought, famine, ecosystem collapse and other changes that make Earth an inhospitable place to live. All that coupled with overpopulation, from all the increase in the population growth could lead to mass starvation and overtax the planet.

Not as glamorous as some of the other scenarios but unfortunately possible

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I am going to put a vote down for a species of forty foot tall, hundred foot wide hamburgers in buns, that somehow make their way around, trapping people using jets of sticky burger sauce, and eating them as they struggle in futility, against their saucy bonds!

I have the solution to that one of course, that being getting really hungry people to parachute onto the upper most bun, tunnel through it to the patty beneath, and consume the monsters from within!

But seriously, no matter what threat we will next face as a species, I am certain that mankind will be the source of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Mutation is whats comming next. We will change into new races as our environment changes, we will also develop the means to change ourselves according to our desires.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Right now, im saying earthquake then a major struggle over food which will lose a lot of people to starvation and murder

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

From virus right through to artificial intelligence we probably have already invented our replacement

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
extinction.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What's wrong with just enjoying this species and form? What if this is the pinnacle of evolution?

And what if, you may not think so because you haven't learned how to engage that mind yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well if we do not get off this planet, the next thing for us is death...

Unless we get something to stimulate this assessment then yes perhaps extinction comes next.

Yet once again our lack of understanding our surrounding is our problem...

We are good at screwing things up,

perhaps communicating with sperm whales will help us understand I dunno,

our intelligence can be our ignorance as well I suppose,
to many people telling us what it is we are suppose to know or how great we are as a species, our or measurement of intelligence and success perhaps is and will be our downfall..

there are many examples of our intelligence n the world today,

not enough examples of our ignorance exists today...

we are to busy trying to make ourselves as marvels and not enough examples of our lack of understanding...

edit on b012015-03-31T13:01:31-05:00America/Chicago33176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Paging Dr James Randi cleanup on aisle five

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Natural disasters seem to occur everywhere besides any well-off populated city in America

Many residents of New Orleans and New Jersey would disagree (i.e. Katrina and Sandy).....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join