It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a question about the "Promised Land".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When God promised Abraham the land where present day Israel lies, he mentioned it was a land that flowed with milk and honey and peace. A paradise on Earth.

It has become apparent there are just simply too many forces to bear on that piece of land and it will never be a paradise as long as there are three main versions of Abraham, all of which think that land is sacred and fight for control of it.

My question. Does anyone believe that that particular piece of land will ever be peaceful and a land that flows milk and honey?

Note: I hate to write and run but my time is limited only to a bit here and a bit there so please excuse my slow responses.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

I just want to know what is so great about the middle of a desert. I would have made the promised land in the Bahamas myself. MUCH nicer.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
When the people first arrived in the land, the mountains were forested, much more of a land of "milk and honey".
Then they began clearing the forests (Joshua ch17 vv14-15). Now desert. Ecological moral there.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I just want to know what is so great about the middle of a desert. I would have made the promised land in the Bahamas myself. MUCH nicer.

Yea. I agree with your idea but I've been to the Bahamas on a job that lasted 3 months and though the beaches are beautiful and skies are wonderful I wasn't too impressed and the "Cantseeems" would eat you alive without some good bug spray.

I can think of better places in the world for a land the size of New Jersey. They can even have New Jersey for all I care if they left the war behind.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Never really thought of it that way...

Thanks
edit on 30-3-2015 by Terminal1 because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

At this point. I feel the phrase is more of a metaphor for heaven.
Put humans on any strip of land, spite human nature. Bickering and fights will happen. Especially since no one is on the same page.
All because of small differences in belief.

Example. Jesus is the son of god.
Or. God came to earth in human form.

Or..

The saying.. In the name of the Son. The Father and the holy ghost. Which is now the holy spirit... this was optional to certain congregations in the last 20 years or so.

And god did not promise Abraham... God promised Moses. Then later Abraham was told to sacrifice his only son Issac as a test of faith.

BTW.. milk has to do with prosperity.
And Honey has to do with Fertility. As well as a representation of gold.

I'm the last person to ask. Hope you get a good answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Doesn't sound like much of a Promised Land then if God let it turn arid...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'd still prefer it over the desert. Have you ever seen a camel spider?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

They can even have New Jersey for all I care if they left the war behind.

As soon as they get my property tax bill they will promptly pack up and head back where they came from.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'd still prefer it over the desert. Have you ever seen a camel spider?

( spits coffee! Afraid of spiders! Oh Hell No! Run out the door and sets house on fire! Drives off to spider free bunker! )

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Israel was the promised land that God wanted to set up for the Jews.
Sadly they just weren't obedient, just didnt follow Gods instructions and the promised land like Gods call for His people fell to ruin.

The whole Old Testament teaches of human failure, Gods forgiveness and judgement for failure. Its coming.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sorry couldn't resist.

But hey at least the Promised Land isn't Australia and THEIR spiders...

edit on 30-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Sweet mother of Glod it can't be a "Promised Land" if it has that monstrosity..... (mental note avoid Palestine like the plague)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is the promised land, all of Earth is a gift to us, but like little children we abuse it and neglect it. We have some growing up to do, but I'd hope by now we'd have already done it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Good didn't let it turn arid. Man did.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

If that treasure has the God of Spiders in it, you can have it....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
When the people first arrived in the land, the mountains were forested, much more of a land of "milk and honey".
Then they began clearing the forests (Joshua ch17 vv14-15). Now desert. Ecological moral there.

I guess the vast majority of the middle east suffered the same fate then?.......

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Good didn't let it turn arid. Man did.

Man did? How did man change the climate of the Promised Land so that it became a desert?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Massive deforestation. Also guessing they weren't too on the ball with farming practices and land conservation, either. If you believe the Bible, there's that whole "Israel not too obedient" bit, as well.

And man is pretty good at changing the climate..ask Florida in a few years when Mickey has to use a snorkel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join