It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Launches it's 2nd ICBM this week.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thumb nails as requested.

@ Slayer;

Yeah no doubt, anyone guarding that must have a decent life insurance policy...
But guarding the tiniest nuke would be kinda deadly...
Might as well make sure it's end game.

@ Crazy;

I think it goes beyond propaganda tbh...

I'm sure it would have been far too large for an ICBM attachment...

However, in the time since detonation, in guessing Nukes with Tsar Bomb potential have been refined and micro'd into an ICBM-friendly warhead.

Strange really, seems to be little noise about this deployment and Russia's when the potential outcome is mad...
& of course... MAD!

Strange days.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These 'tests' are not for the govts of either county, the govts are well aware of the capabilities, these ' tests' are for the public.....to threten and hieghten tensions...

Who is laughin' at the ' preppers' now

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You know,sometimes I agree with you on things,and other times I don't.This is one of the times I don't. Why please tell me,would you want to think less of other countries? And why would you want to 'toy' with other countries? This playing 'King of the Hill',is childish and self destructive. The only 2 things we top the rest of the world in,is our military spending and our number of people imprisoned, I can't help but think our priorities are in the wrong place,and have been for a very long time.I do not feel threatened by Russia,nor ISIS or whatever name you want to call them,or Venezuela,or any other country or terrorist. I only feel threatened by our own government,and everyone should really feel that way too.That is where the threat is.

This pissing contest we are having with Russia will cause our downfall. Even if we should win,it would be at great cost to us,and the cost of many many lives between the 2 countries. I don't want any part of being a butcher thank you. One of the first things you learn about battle is to NEVER under estimate the enemy.But we are so conceited that we do.Yet we failed in other conflicts we have been in. We don't learn from this because our government feeds us this line about being 'exceptional' and how we can do no wrong,and yet we have. Over and over again. Another way to think about this,if you are truly on top of the world,where else do you have to go but down? Better to share power and ensure your people's place in the world,rather than lock them out of having a place at all.Remember what we did to the Indians? Remember what we did to the south? Remember what was done to Germany at Versailles? Do you think if we stumble the world will treat us any better? I would look back at how the world reacted when they thought we were falling back in the '70s. They rubbed their hands with glee at the monster coming down. This isn't about us today,this IS about what will happen to us in the future. No one gave Rome any sympathy when it went down.They simply tore it apart and left the Romans to fend as best they could.

Russia doesn't care what WE think of it.They know what they are willing to do to seat their place in the world. Even if we think we have wounded the bear,an injured animal is even more dangerous to mess with.Stop poking it,and thinking ti will withdraw.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Living very near the VAFB, I can say there are not normal launching going on. I live close enough to HEAR them!

I have live in this area for 5 plus decades.

We are all concerned.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

If you feel so very negative about the country you live in, perhaps you should move to a 3rd world country for a couple years, say...Yemen, and then see how you feel about the USA.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Best post. You win. Done....LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This happens ever year. Between May and July the AirForce test fires ICBM's. 2010 Test, 2011 Test, 2012 Test, 2013 Test, 2014 Test. Why suddenly are we trying to make this in to something?
edit on 28-3-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't know why the US even bothers sending this message to Russia.

Just testing. Russia reacts to the launch signature track, switches on their defensive systems that can then be monitored and analyzed. Never ending techno war between both sides.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

You do realize that the New START Treaty is still complied with by both sides. Russia and the US announce to each other such test launches. No side wants an ICBM/SLBM test launch to be mistaken as an attack.

For example a 2014 test launch.

Russia notified the U.S. of the scheduled launch in advance and in accordance with the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, or New START, according to Caitlin Hayden, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council.
“This was a previously notified and routine test launch of an ICBM,” she said in a statement distributed by the Pentagon to media outlets, including Military​.com. “As required under the New START Treaty, Russia provided advance notification of this launch to the United States.
“Such advance notifications are intended to provide transparency, confidence, and predictability and to help both sides avoid misunderstandings,” she added. “Russia and the United States routinely flight test their ICBMs and SLBMs,” referring to submarine-launched ballistic missiles.

defensetech.org...

Missile telemetry is also exchanged periodically under the New START Treaty on some of those test launches.

Key Point: Telemetry is not needed to verify compliance with the New START Treaty. Nevertheless, the U.S. and Russia will exchange telemetric information periodically on ICBM and SLBM launches.

www.state.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Whaaa!? How dare you inject calm and rationale into this thread! LoL!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Number 1 Dictators always remove one way or another,those that dissent from what they want.
Number 2 You can not work on a problem if you refuse to admit it.
Number 3 My post was not about being negative about the US so much as what our place in the world will be in the future,it WILL come whether we are ready for it or not.
Number 4 Third world countries are not the issue,the country we live in now is.
Number 5 If you disagree with what I said,then point out what is wrong in it.
Number 6 Don't bother to wave a flag at me,I seen to much of that already out of so called patriots. If you think you are one,where were you when they were stripping our Bill of rights and constitution down to paper? Even our service men and women are sworn to uphold those.
Number7 There is no sense in trying to make me feel out of place in America, I have always felt out of place because I was raised in a white neighborhood and I wasn't the 'right' shade of white. I am a human. My place is with the Human race.Not with or against any party.Nor any religion.Nor this or that country.We are all part of the Human race.We need to start acting like we are in the 21st century and not beating each other over the heads with clubs anymore. It hasn't worked all these years and it won't work for our future.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

In a year or two we may be facing our own revolution.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Maybe the concern stemmed from the statement Putin made this month that he was ready to put Russia's nukes on stand-by during the Ukraine, Crimea Crises. Now that the US is giving lethal aid to the Ukraine tensions are rising. No matter what this is something the public needs to keep informed about.

www.chinatopix.com...

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 28-3-2015 by NotMoose because: spelling/grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Bravo! I'm in love. Will you marry me?

No, not really, but you express my sentiment exactly and I must give you an arousing standing ovation.

10 stars and flags for you darling.

Edit: By your avatar, I assumed you are a woman but even if you are not, Well said.
edit on 28-3-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Set the date and yes I'm female.
Jk.

Be my friend pretty please?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Want to hear something interesting? There have been incidents during the cold war on both sides with UFos taking control of ICBM's What would happen if we try to start WW3? Did the UFO's install something in all the super powers launch systems that will allow them to shut them down if launched?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There have also been incidences where supposedly a UFO disabled not one but over a dozen missiles in their silos.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: yuppa

There have also been incidences where supposedly a UFO disabled not one but over a dozen missiles in their silos.

Maybe its just our secret space programs testing infiltration technologies into ICBM systems,and thats why the US is pushing russias buttons.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
And the news lets us know that ONLY North Korea performs acts of saber rattling.

Or maybe just any country we dont like at the moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

In a year or two we may be facing our own revolution.

www.usdebtclock.org...

We didn't in the late 1940's when the relative debt was much higher than it is today. If you're worried about $18T (or whatever) in debt, you should be even more worried that is costs more than $15k for a house in the suburbs and a new car. Not to mention over $0.10 for a loaf of organic, hand-made bread!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join