It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many OPEC Nations Left?.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know that Iraq was an OPEC nation, so I was wondering, how many OPEC nations are left?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

Is Iraq now not in Opec? I am confused.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.

How many of those countries want to change to the Euro?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Good question.

But, what happens when the dollar rebounds and surpasses the Euro, which is just artificially high because of a weak dollar, and not on it's own merits? Hopefully they do because it would great to get gas even cheaper (cheaper to import, etc). I commute about 70 miles total a day - I paid a $1.29 a gallon the other day at the gas station and would enjoy paying less!! (Non-Yanks give Bob the evil eye, lol).

In all honesty, I don't much about this opec business you speak of, so ignore the aforementioned drivel and Simon accept my apologies for wasting bandwidth.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
yeah i heard Algeria and Nigeria were joining the Euro !

maybe not, but are you talking about the oil being sold in euro's, that seems to make more sense. I guess in time it will be and i reckon the Euro will go past the dollar in the next few years, and Britain will join within the next few years, so the Euro has much better long term prospects than the Dollar, although debt being distributed in Dollars is one of the main methods used to keep the Dollar strong, when countries start to borrow money in Euro's because they see it as stronger alternative. Of course the Euro might not be a good thing, it might weaken the Dollar, but so what, the US will remain the only super power.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Didn't Saddam convert his $10Billion Oil Reserve to Euro's? Hence, the war...?

top topics

join