It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new pet based business! (not an ad mods)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I thought I would share a few pics of my custom made dog beds that I started making.

I made one for our dog and everybody said I should try selling them. I advertised on a facebook selling page yesterday and have already had over 60 enquiries and about 15 definate orders!

People sure do like to treat there pets right!

edit on 26/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
what? no nightstand for toys and treats? lol

seriously though, nice handy work. i could see A LOT of people wanting something personalized for their dog like that. i think you've struck gold.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

seriously though, nice handy work. i could see A LOT of people wanting something personalized for their dog like that. i think you've struck gold.

Thats not to crazy an idea knowing what pet owners are like!

It looks like I may to reluctantly go out and buy more tools. A terrible thing for a man to have do...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Looks great, at first I thought "Great, can't even enquire as I thought you were in the US" then I saw you're a Pom! Can I have three ?

edit on 26.3.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Congratulations on your endeavor! I have a colleague who re-purposes old furniture and does some doggy beds.

These aren't hers, but they're very similar to what she does.

There's no limit to what you can do with re-purposed furniture!

One man's junk and all.........

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Looks great, at first I thought "Great, can't even enquire as I thought you were in the US" then I saw your a Pom! Can I have three ?

As i said it's not an ad mate, I just thought it would be nice to show people, grab your self a few tools and make some yourself!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Congratulations on your endeavor! I have a colleague who re-purposes old furniture and does some doggy beds.

I have done a few upcycled ones before but I find it takes ages.

I do try and used reclaimed timber where possible, the bed in the pic is actually made of part of an old pine bookshelf!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have done a few upcycled ones before but I find it takes ages.

Yes, it MUST be a labor of love!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Love to see that the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well.

With the proper marketing...

skys the limit!!

www.etsy.com...|Branded|Etsy|Brand|Exact&utm_ag=A1&utm_custom1=0c de84ba-784c-5609-6aea-00002debe084

Doing pretty well with one of my designs....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wonderful! You've got the carpentry down, and I've got the sewing down- I'll make the pyjamas, you make the bed! xD

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Nice job! They look sturdy too.

I know Ikea uses a cheap nylon strap that staples to the many slat boards to keep them from moving around too much. You might want to think about doing that.
edit on 26-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Not toys and treats, make it a night stand styled matching stand for the food and water.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know what I'm going to be prototyping this evening.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Wonderful idea! You could also sell on e-bay or maybe on consignment in a nice shop somewhere. Be prepared to be very. very busy. The best of luck to you!

Oh, you could even stencil some designs on those beds.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wonderful idea! You could also sell on e-bay or maybe on consignment in a nice shop somewhere. Be prepared to be very. very busy. The best of luck to you!

Thank you nightstar, I have a cad cutting vinyl cutter to make stencils I will update as I have some orders with different beds with floral and fancy borders.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I thought I would share a few pics of my custom made dog beds that I started making.

I made one for our dog and everybody said I should try selling them. I advertised on a facebook selling page yesterday and have already had over 60 enquiries and about 15 definate orders!

People sure do like to treat there pets right!

I like the fact that their personalized. Better not allow my daughter to see those. She's been looking for a princess doggy bed with a canopy for our little princess.

Me with Calyssa, named after a Barbie Princess

My daughter thinks my money grows on the trees outside. LOL You would NOT believe the outfits and the toys, AND the snacks this spoilt brat has. LOL That doesn't count the 4 MORE outfits, we're waiting on from Amazon.com between now and April 10th. LOL Yeah, definitely spoilt.

edit on 3/26/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Some adorable ideas. I've been looking for an old suitcase at flea markets. The very, very old kind. Trunk-like looking. I want to take the top off and turn it into a doggy bed. Something like these ones. I have the material already and am all set, now I just need the suitcase, and I'll be ready.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not toys and treats, make it a night stand styled matching stand for the food and water.

I LOVE that idea! With a sturdy placemat under it, or a place to put one.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you nightstar, I have a cad cutting vinyl cutter to make stencils I will update as I have some orders with different beds with floral and fancy borders.

I would say floral for the girls, bones for the boys. LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hey great job OP!

top topics

join