It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conglomeration of "all things" ancient/religious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As I was reading all the other threads I started to realize something. Its all interconnected for the most part. Aliens, God, Giza and the Pyramids, the Mayans, 2012, all of it.

Consider for a moment, God is an alien. there are a lot of things in the Bible and other religious works I've heard of regarding charriots of fire etc. as men we describe things we dont understand in relation to things we do, ie tastes like chicken. So, going on that, God put us here, and left, for whatever reason, maybe for us to learn, maybe as punishment, who knows FOR SURE. I dont know anyone who talks directly to God, if anyone here does, id like his email addy so i can ask a few things. So, back to the topic. We built the pyramids as a calender, and an altar. The mayan calendar ends in 2012. Maybe thats when they are going to return, at the end of the cycle, maybe well be close enough for him to come back and not travel as far of maybe because of a giant change in our earth that hell return not to save us from, but help us get through. In ancient times, when he was recently here, we remembered better, like how many of you really remember your first birthday with great detail? weve lost some knowledge over time, while we ve gained other knowledge. the age of enlightenment may be hell return and well once again for a period of time have his teachings directly taught to us again. and again in the cycle of time, our ancestors will again forget or at least the knowledge will fade until the end of the next cycle.

If the polar ice all melts, the tides will not rise, theyll go down, ice is water in an EXPANDED form. IM more worried about the poles reversing or shifting, that will cause the tides to rise in some areas, go down in others. Im a half hearted Mormon, being thats how i was raised, what most of my beliefs are based upon, but not so devoutly that i follow it blindly. God told us to seek knowledge and answers, not follow blindly. Why are some of you so SURE that there is no god, the same with those of you who are sure he DOES exist. wheres the proof? the proof is in your heart. what you believe is you end, not necessarily mine. and at the same time, why is it that were not ALL right? maybe everyone here is right, just not totally. those of us with religious beliefes have the god part, those with out have the scientific part, or whatever else drives your beliefs. maybe things over time that were of god, have faded to something that the masses will more readily accept, or maybe there is no meaning, and as a vain creature of being have tried to put more meaning to it than there was ever meant to be. I love this board so far, but i am disturbed that some on here are so blind as to ignore anothers possibilities. Judaeo/christian beliefs say not to judge. "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and yet Christ still didnt cast a stone, but he was supposedly without sin. I believe he was, so why ddnt he? Because he taught forgiveness and openmindedness. I dont believe being gay is accepted by God, but if you believe it is, go for it, well all know when we die If my beliefs are even half right, the correct half being there is a god, hell gladly tell us that gay is worng or ok. We were put here to learn, gain enlightenment, and help our fellow man. so, that being said...

Id like to hear what you all think about this. that and id like to know why if we have free will, some of the more god fearing people on here are so judgmental and critical of others thoughts? If im wrong, then who are you to judge me? God will, right? if there is no God, what does it matter if im wrong? Why cant we all learn tolerance, and if nothing else, not continue to foreward the hate just because were different?

[edit on 12/19/2004 by question_reality]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I will answer all all of your questions.
Yes, no, no, yes, maybe, yes, I don't know, sometimes it itches, sometimes it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by question_reality

If the polar ice all melts, the tides will not rise, theyll go down, ice is water in an EXPANDED form. IM more worried about the poles reversing or shifting, that will cause the tides to rise in some areas, go down in others.

Yes, you are correct that Ice has a lower density than water, but what you miss is that not only will polar ice melt, but also the ice sheets on Greenland and other vast landbound ice sheets. This is the ice that experts are worried about, as it will cause sea levels to rise.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've been thinking the same thing.

new topics

top topics

join