It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question // Missing 411 // National Parks on social media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hi I'm sure most of you are familiar with David Paulides books about people disappearing in national parks / wilderness areas all around the world.

www.youtube.com...

I would like to know if anyone ever asked or mentioned this topic on a national park (like Yosemite) Facebook page or via twitter? Maybe we should warn people of this danger through social media? I have seen that they do a lot to attract children to visit the parks more often. But they fail to mention the dangers out there!

edit on 25-3-2015 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry my reply isn't going to help as I've never looked into it but I'm intrigued as a do my fair share of walking in national parks here in the UK. I've never heard of missing 411 im presuming 411 people have gone missing in national parks? Anyway I'm looking forward to reading more about the subject so thanks for bringing it up

Side note, your YouTube vid isn't working
edit on 25-3-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker
thats absolutely ok. Please have a look into this subject. It changed the way I think about the outdoors for ever!
There are way more people missing than 411. I think that's the number of cases in the 1st book.
edit on 25-3-2015 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hesse
Oh I see now
well thanks for bringing it up I will look into and maybe see if I can find any related stories in the UK. Look forward to any other members giving their input into the thread

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

A good majority of those bodies do turn up later just like this one.

missing kayakers body recovered

People wander off in the woods and get lost, try to swim across a river or stream, get lost at night ( Close by their tents) and a plethora of stupid things beyond those examples.

But there are always a pesky few cases???

edit on 25-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Your link isnt working

This is a facinating subject to mw, being an avid backpacker/ outdoorsman.

In my journeys, co and mn, ive benn along way from nowhereby myself. ..but that said ive personaly never heard of a disapperance while ive been out. That said ive seen abondon camps and people who are obviously not prepared and it makes me wonder.......,

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry about the link!

The subject is pretty deep and I don´t want to go into too much detail in this thread. There are a couple of really good threads here on ATS already.

You really need to read the books to get the full picture.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I believe he mentions some cases in the UK in the book North America and Beyond.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

411 means information.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

A good majority of those bodies do turn up later just like this one.

missing kayakers body recovered

People wander off in the woods and get lost, try to swim across a river or stream, get lost at night ( Close by their tents) and a plethora of stupid things beyond those examples.

But there are always a pesky few cases???

Paulides' series of 411 books only deal with cases of missing people that defy explanation.

Animal attacks are ruled out, serial killers are ruled out, dope farmers are ruled out, cases near waterways(where individuals can possibly have been washed away) are ruled out etc.

Yes, a lot of these people are found eventually, dead or alive, but a lot aren't, and a lot of those that are found are in areas already searched multiple times, or in areas that are highly improbable like at high altitudes or in places that they would have had to cross mountains to reach.

edit on 25-3-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

And some remains turn up 10 years later. It will make the news but it will probably be quietly expunged from those books.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
National Park is almost synonymous with wilderness. Anyone planning to venture into the wild for a hike, camp, fish or what have you... should have caution of it's wilderness.

Many things can go wrong, and no one is around to save ya! Bears, felines, drowning , broken bone and cant walk = prey for a predator. All sorts of #.

Killers, stalkers, rapists, and people of all forms of lesser consciousness - would find wilderness trails a Hotspot for victims.

Creepy I know, I'm just throwing it out there for consideration lol.

But my point is; your heading into wild terroritory, you should know the consequences of worse case scenarios, and be prepared for them.

Because anything can happen...
edit on 25-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: seabhac-rua

And some remains turn up 10 years later. It will make the news but it will probably be quietly expunged from those books.

Sure they do. And many that are found are mentioned in the 411 books, that does not negate the mysterious circumstances of their disappearances

I don't know why you infer "quietly" here? I've listened to quite a few interviews with Paulides, he seems to be a very serious person and not prone to speculation or sensationalism.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So has anyone confronted the parks with questions about this issue via their social media?

I'm curious if they would delete the comments or write an answer.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Have any psychics been called in?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hesse
Hi I'm sure most of you are familiar with David Paulides books about people disappearing in national parks / wilderness areas all around the world.

I would like to know if anyone ever asked or mentioned this topic on a national park (like Yosemite) Facebook page or via twitter? Maybe we should warn people of this danger through social media? I have seen that they do a lot to attract children to visit the parks more often. But they fail to mention the dangers out there!

Try it and see what happens? I've read two of his books, on the third now. Very creepy stuff going on. I'm curious of whatever is doing this knows bad weather is coming or changes the weather, I don't remember any weather forecasts mentioned. I.e good weather forecasted but bad weather unexpected? Also the shoes being removed for what ever reason, most everyone missing has shoes off, its like it doesn't want the person to escape?
edit on 29-3-2015 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join