It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Adult preschool' charges hipsters to take naps, play with glitter glue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
*sigh*

Oh guppies and hipsters...hilarious.

Source

Do you ever feel like you didn’t make the most of your time as a 4-year-old? Like you failed to appreciate how awesome life was when “gift shopping” meant bringing home a macaroni necklace? Like you’d give anything to see nap time on your schedule again?

Your inner child is in luck — but only if your outer adult can afford to enrol in “adult preschool,” which is an actual thing now. No jokes.

Based in Brooklyn, N.Y., Preschool Mastermind is a one-month long program that purports to help grown-ups over the age of 18 “re-learn the basics and experience the magic of life as it was originally intended.”

For between $333 and $999, participants can expect to spend time in class playing games, doing arts and crafts, participating in show-and-tell sessions, going on field trips and completing playsheets, among other activities.

Okay, I admit, that would probably be somewhat fun, but it seems a bit much doesn't it?

Would you all join the Adult Preschool for a little R&R? Is this a symptom of children loosing out on the majority of their childhood?

Between bubble parents too afraid to let their kids walk 60 feet next door to the park or having them enrolled in so many activities they hardly have time to find their own feet, I'm not surprised.

Thoughts?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well up the road from me is a place grown men go to dress up in diapers and get treated like a 2 year old

So this is pretty tame I guess

Interesting fact was it was in my local paper as many Judges, politicians and other influential people were spotted going into the place

what ever turns you on I guess.........

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This ranks right up there with adult footie pajamas...

I don't think it has anything to do with children missing out on their childhood. I think it has to do with adults not wanting to be adults and deal with real world adult problems. And really... Who does most days?

We live in a society now that prides itself on "doing what feels good". Nobody really wants to grow up but I thinks it's starting to show mentally in a lot of folks. I'm not trying to be funny either. People are taking longer "to grow up" than they ever have. It's now acceptable to live with mom and dad until you are over 30. It's now acceptable to expect your parents to pay for your health insurance until you are 27 (if I recall the age correctly). It's acceptable to take a year or two off after school "to find yourself".

While I don't think kids should be in a hurry to grow up, I also don't think we should be encouraging our grown children to avoid adulthood for as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

For between $333 and $999

don't know why, and it probably isn't even relevant, but i can't help thinking that $666 is between $333 and $999...strange, but true.

As for the saps paying it...they can spend their money on what they want, although feeding a starving person is probably a better way to use up money they don't want or need, rather than paying to act like a 4 year old.

The Irony is, an actual 4 year old would probably elect to give the money to starving or suffering people, whereas these adult kids are spending it on glitter glue pictures and paper-mache' models instead.

edit on 25-3-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I thought it was incredibly self indulgent and absurd. I also think there are better things to do with your money which are much more productive. But, it's their money so they can do what they want with it. If they want to put themselves in adult day care when they clearly are healthy and don't need it ... and they aren't embarrassed by it ... it's their choice. (strange choice - IMHO)

link   
Here, I'll save you guys the $999:

link   
I think it might be even more complex... Take the point of view that reincarnation is real; there are more people alive than there ever was alive--therefore there are new or blank souls inhabiting bodies... What I'm trying to get at is kinda beyond the scope of the thread, but the bottom line is:

Hipsters have NO SOUL!.
edit on 25-3-2015 by ItVibrates because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

HAHAHAHA! Now that's insightful!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
give up sitting at a pub half drunk complaining with friends about work, love, the economy in favour of sitting around with a bunch of adults filling out a children's paint book?
No thanks. I know we like to act like things were great when we were children, but seriously? it's not true.
I am jealous of whoever had the idea though, i wish i could come up with stupid crap like that and make money off of it: "give me 300 to 1000 dollars and i will make you use/do stuff you haven't cared about for 25 years!"

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I just can't see spending $333 to 999 to spend an afternoon making macaroni art with this guy:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

No. God no.

Its things like this that make me hope for nuclear war to break out.
We do need a culling. Bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
utterly ridiculous. i don't know who in their right mind would pay $1,000 to some 30 year old hipster with half a degree to take naps, color, paint and do other pre-school activities in this girls apartment. it's unbelievable to me that they can still sleep at night charging for an experience you could get for free. Not to mention fostering the mentality that it's totally fine for grown adults to act like children.

if you want to paint do it, if you want to take a nap do it, but don't pay exorbitant amounts of money to do those simple CHEAP activities.

the only thing i can think of is, trust fund babies. all these kids who have no trouble paying rent in williamsburg and park slope because they have a nice cushy bank account from mommy and daddy. no student loans, no bills, no debt. so what should we spend our money on? hmmm i got it, lets pay money to act like a 5 year old, brilliant!

i think that adults should embrace their creative side if they have the inclination to, but do it like an adult. all these people are going "full retard" for lack of a better term and seem to want to embrace an "ignorance is bliss" mentality. with everything going on in the world today, these people's priority is reverting back to acting like a child. i think it says a lot about the type of person who would sign up for and spend the money on something like this.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

i LOL'ed im 30 and i know a few hipsters and they are all ridiculous in pretty much every way you could imagine. there is a bar i go to that they love to visit.....it ruins my 3$ shot/beer combo. at the very least they are good for a funny conversation

there are suckers born every min.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Thoughts?

Where to start? Hipsters are going against the grain, it's almost like that's their intention. What's more worrying is the ever growing amount of "special snowflake tumblrina's". These people abandon logic and common sense because it suits them. They're triggered over things like people clapping, innocent words like colors. It's totally backwards and scares me.

But whatever, the world is doomed and I guess all I can do is sit by and enjoy the ride and excitement before I'm killed.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When I want to act like a kid I round up my friends and we hit Six Flags. Way cheaper and a ton more fun than coloring, making glitter stuff and doing show-and-tell!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In the apocalypse, (zombie or otherwise) these people will be refered to as "bait".

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Makes sense with this crowd.,

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I gotta admit, this made me giggle, and seems completely ridiculous!

But (because I always have a but, I'm notoriously prone to challenging my own assertions and reactions)

I perceive a possible rationale here.

It is in the early stages of childhood that we learn about self in social contexts. How to interact with peers.
How to cooperate, even while expressing individuality.
Later childhood focuses on development of that self in competative spheres, to build it's intellectual, emotional, and even physical strengths.

I tend to assume others did that, though for myself, I don't feel I did. I lack social education, have trouble with cooperation and interdependence...I am having to learn behaviors late in life which others seem to have integrated early on and are already automatic for them.

In my case, I was in a specific environment, time and circumstance that I tend to see as "uncommon". As I contemplated this idea, I wonder if it might not be uncommon? If there are lots of people out there, trying to learn those social skills, and that can benefit from having a context in which competition is eliminated from interactions?

I don't know, I'm still giggling, but it is the huge price tag that seems the most ridiculous! Why not just come together with some friends and decide to do these activities together, for free?

Perhaps having someone else play "grown up" facilitate projecting the power-seeking, authoritative, super ego elsewhere, to let the ego play unencumbered with the id?

Who knows.....the images this brings to mind are, in themselves, quite humorous!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Only a hipster would think forking over a grand to do this is a good idea...

I weep for the future...

Ladies I hope you found a good manalready, because I think the pool of men is shrinking fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I weep for our future as these people will be the voters and leaders of the country.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join