It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxtrolls....very interesting movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi, I've just had the pleasure of watching the animated movie boxtrolls. It's based on Alan Snows Here be Monsters and beyond the fun animations provides a great view of the world we live in. Immediately it had my daughter , who is 7, asking and probing about different ideas and meanings which is a great effect to have.
The whole idea of the movie revolves around the "evil" character the snatcher trying to earn a white hat, only those from privalaged backgrounds had one. He created fear and confusion of the boxtrolls which allowed him to feed off the fear to catch and use the boxtrolls to build his device. It provides a simple view of out world with the "old money" traditional family elitests using the new world evil to do their dirty work, yet keep them out of the loop. Very much like our society fear and lack of knowledge allow this evil to gain control and create a system that benefits only them. The boxtrolls are actually good characters fixing problems in secret and are only identified by a symbol on their box. Again a simple view that underneath the labels we push on each other we are all the same.
A couple of characters that were interesting were the snatchers handymen who did his dirty work. They would openly discuss the duality of good and evil questioning their actions but happy to be disillusioned that they were on the "good side". Finally they are shown other wise and with the help of boxtrolls they bring down the system.
I recommend those with kids to watch as a lot of topics are touched upon such as the disregard for the public and important issues by the "white hats" to the different layers of society. Even if you haven't got kids have a look if like me sleep is something I only dream of .

edit on 24-3-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Hi, I've just had the pleasure of watching the animated movie boxtrolls. It's based on Alan Snows Here be Monsters and beyond the fun animations provides a great view of the world we live in. Immediately it had my daughter , who is 7, asking and probing about different ideas and meanings which is a great effect to have.
The whole idea of the movie revolves around the "evil" character the snatcher trying to earn a white hat, only those from privalaged backgrounds had one. He created fear and confusion of the boxtrolls which allowed him to feed off the fear to catch and use the boxtrolls to build his device. It provides a simple view of out world with the "old money" traditional family elitests using the new world evil to do their dirty work, yet keep them out of the loop. Very much like our society fear and lack of knowledge allow this evil to gain control and create a system that benefits only them. The boxtrolls are actually good characters fixing problems in secret and are only identified by a symbol on their box. Again a simple view that underneath the labels we push on each other we are all the same.
A couple of characters that were interesting were the snatchers handymen who did his dirty work. They would openly discuss the duality of good and evil questioning their actions but happy to be disillusioned that they were on the "good side". Finally they are shown other wise and with the help of boxtrolls they bring down the system.
I recommend those with kids to watch as a lot of topics are touched upon such as the disregard for the public and important issues by the "white hats" to the different layers of society. Even if you haven't got kids have a look if like me sleep is something I only dream of .

Sounds interesting. I may have to see it now. SnF

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Damn, I am annoyed now, I took the kids to see this when it was out and took the opportunity to catch up on a little sleep. My girls really enjoyed it. I think I am going to have to watch it now.

join